New Conservation Effort Through Atmospheric Water Generation
New Conservation Effort Through Atmospheric Water Generation
We are creating a way to conserve water all over the world by taking water from the air to use for non-consumable purposes.
We are creating a way to conserve water all over the world by taking water from the air to use for non-consumable purposes. Read more
About this project
Waterator wants to bring their very first product to market, it is called the Peon. You plug this little guy into the wall and then put him in the soil of a potted plant, and he begins to water your plant automatically just from the water vapor in the air. That’s all there is to it, nothing else is needed, just electricity and humidity and it will happily take care of all your household plants.
Waterator Industries Inc. has created this revolutionary device, that allows you to forget about ever needing to water your plants again. Water is in the air all around us and our Peon will extract that water from the air and feed it to your Plant. The Peon has three watering settings, depending upon the size of your plant.
- Never Need To Water Your Plants Yourself
- Great For Vacationers, No More Needing Your Friends To Come Water Your Plants
- Great For Your Second Home
- No More Over Watering
- No More Under Watering
- Save Time Never Have To Change The Battery
Saving The Local Water Grid From Depletion
- Save Your Plant And Save Money
- Attractive Design To Accentuate Your Plant
- Electricity Consumption = 0.0154KW Continuous
- 5.9c per KWh from BC Hydro, which costs 2.2 cents per day
FCC Approved - 12 Volt DC Power Supply
- 1 Year Warranty (Product Life Expectancy 5-10 Years)
- Batteries Not Required
- Made From 100% Recycled Plastic. Eco Friendly
- Sells For $29.95 + S&H
- Approximately 70% of the fresh water used by humans goes to agriculture.
- Approximately one billion people still lack access to safe water and over 2.5 billion lack access to adequate sanitation.
- Water plays an important role in the world economy, as it functions as a solvent for a wide variety of chemical substances and facilitates industrial cooling and transportation.
- Grey water composes 50–80% of residential waste water generated by a household's sanitation equipment Currently, about a billion people around the world routinely drink unhealthy water.
- Water, however, is not a finite resource, but rather re-circulated as potable water in precipitation in quantities many degrees of magnitude higher than human consumption. Therefore, it is the relatively small quantity of water in reserve in the earth (about 1% of our drinking water supply, which is replenished in aquifers around every 1 to 10 years), that is a non-renewable resource, and it is, rather, the distribution of potable and irrigation water which is scarce, rather than the actual amount of it that exists on the earth.
- Some 50 countries, with roughly a third of the world's population, also suffer from medium or high water stress, and 17 of these extract more water annually than is recharged through their natural water cycles. Irrigation takes up to 90% of water withdrawn in some developing countries and significant proportions in more economically developed countries (United States, 30% of freshwater usage is for irrigation).
A fifth of the world's people, more than 1.2 billion, live in areas of physical water scarcity, where there is not enough water to meet all demands.
- A further 1.6 billion people live in areas experiencing economic water scarcity, where the lack of investment in water or insufficient human capacity make it impossible for authorities to satisfy the demand for water.
Well, considering there is less than 3% of drinkable water in the world it is a good idea to help keep as much of that as possible for human consumption. So, instead of putting clean drinking water on your various plants, you pull it from the air. Approximately 1% of our planet's water is also in the air and is instantly replenished through the various natural processes and is therefore an inexhaustible source of water. With this technology, you have the ability to make water that is actually better for your plants than the treated water that comes from the tap, and saves the drinking water for better uses.
Designed to be small and appealing to the eye it will eventually come in many versions to suit your tastes and only needs access to an outlet and humidity to keep an average sized houseplant watered for 5-10 years.
In the box you will find:
The Peon – 11cm length, 7.5cm tall and 8.25cm wide
12V AC to DC transformer = 9cm length, 3.5cm in width and 4.75cm plus cord
Watering stake which you will need to insert into the bottom of the device and is placed into the soil: 5.5 cm long, 4cm wide by 2.75cm deep
Last piece, the Soil Stake will insert next to the watering stake on the bottom, if you are using the Peon for a pot that is less than 5 inches, and can also be placed anywhere in the soil, 5.25cm long, 3cm wide and 1.5 cm deep
Waterator Industries is a small company and outsources most of its needs to various companies to help keep internal costs low, as well as to be able to improve their manufacturing capabilities at a moments notice. This allows us to put most of the funds received directly into building inventory as well as creating new products.
The company and their products were created during a time when our economy was in decline and money for new projects was limited. Never giving up hope they moved forward funding it completely out of their own pockets, knowing the end goal was worth it. With personal funds expended, we are now reaching out to the public to help complete the dream.
Many people would enjoy using a several Peons in their house. People with mobility issues, those that vacation often, someone with very expensive plants, a person with many plants, those that have plants in hard to reach locations or anyone that wants to be part of a new water conservation effort.
- Kickstarter Campaign Begins
- 1 Months - Kickstarter Campaign Ends, Patent Process Begins, Mold creation for Mass Production Begins
- 3 Months - Mold for Peon finished, Begin Mass production for Rewards
- 4-6 Months - Begin Shipping peons for rewards
Waterator Industries Inc. (“Waterator” or The “Company”) has been formed to develop innovative, first to market “air to water” products for non-consumable purposes. The core technology used converts the humidity in the air (water vapor) to water and functions according to a very simple principle – water vapor is a gas that easily mingles with air and when it cools it cannot hold its moisture
These well-established technologies have been researched fairly extensively for drinking water applications and considerable headway has been made. Issues have included the relatively high energy costs as well as technical issues associated with control of bacteria and viruses. However, there is a very significant gap in the market for a variety of other applications. Obviously, water is used for many industries, including support for plant life and other purposes (washing, fighting fires, filling swimming pools, sanitation). These other uses are the focus of Waterator. Water scarcity is becoming a reality and there is increasing attention being paid to water conservation. Municipalities are instituting water metering system to pass along the real cost of water and reduce demand.
John Heary – Chief Executive Officer
John Heary is an entrepreneur and inventor, over the last 25 years he has created a number of different inventions, including "The Peon". He also brings over 20 years of investor relations, business development, and corporate finance experience.
Lance Morginn - President
Mr. Morginn is an entrepreneur with over 15 years of business experience in managing and financing both private and public companies. Highly regarded for his management skills, network of contacts and attention to detail. Mr. Morginn has successfully owned, managed, directed and advised private and public companies in financings, mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings and investor relations since 1995. He has been a director or officer of over 10 public companies listed on the TSX Venture Exchange and OTCQB/X stock exchanges. Lance was the founder of one of the first web development companies in Vancouver by the name of Webworks Multimedia and started a secondary one, Western Shores Interactive which grew to more than 100 employees.
Brandon Toth - Director
Brandon Toth has spent the last 10 years specializing in startup and turnaround companies assisting with administration and executive duties as needed. Bringing a wide variety of skills to the company like marketing, sales and business strategy he has been brought in to bring the company to the next stages of development. His experience with both public and private companies working in many position gives him the flexibility to take on any role in order to keep the company moving forward.
Risks and challenges
The main hurdle Waterator has to clear, is getting the product in front of as many people as possible. This is a new technology market and people won’t be directly looking for it without hearing it from a friend or media source. That's where we hope our supporters can step in and help get the word out. Tell everyone you know, post it to your facebook or twitter, share our Kickstarter project page, any way you can spread the knowledge of this new concept would be much appreciated.
Our goal is to bring to market a new way to conserve water while maintaining our current lifestyles. This is one of the most important issues of our time and we can all take part.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (44 days)