Good question. Unlike other Kickstarter campaigns, we don't design an inferior watch with built-in "stretch goals" to get to the quality we would want for a Xeric watch. We launch with a watch that is high-quality from the start.
1. Miyota's top of the line 90S5 Automatic high-beat movement with 42 hour power reserve.
2. In-House proprietary reversion module that reverses the rotation of the hands so it reads correctly when the movement is inverted.
3. Custom American Horween Leather straps with built-in, quick release springbars.
4. Sapphire crystal on top crystal to protect against daily wear and tear.
5. 316L Stainless Steel (PVD coating on plated versions)
6. Back filled Super-LumiNova lume hands on all colors
Some Kickstarter watch campaigns will start with an inferior case, generic leather and stock mineral crystal to start (which aren't necessarily bad) and then set arbitrary stretch goals for backers to get the watch upgraded, but that's not our philosophy. We make a product that we're proud to wear from the get-go and we offer the rewards at affordable, discounted prices.