The Fantasy Trip: Decks of Destiny
Many, many new cards and accessories for use with Steve Jackson's The Fantasy Trip roleplaying game!
This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Mon, June 3 2019 10:05 PM UTC +00:00.
Since the announcement that Steve had recovered the rights to The Fantasy Trip, you have amazed us with your generosity in supporting the game's return. Since last summer, you have:
- Made the new Legacy Edition of the game a giant, staggering work of art that is one of our greatest releases of the last few years.
- Helped take the hardcover Adventures book from concept to the factory; the book is on track to ship to its backers in August.
- Encouraged the creation of Hexagram, an old-school zine dedicated to The Fantasy Trip, which is at print and mailing next month to the backers who made it happen.
Now, with your support, we're ready to bring new expansions and accessories to The Fantasy Trip, to add even more to what is shaping up to be an incredible game line.
This boxed set brings new cards, megahex tiles, and (possibly) other accessories to The Fantasy Trip, providing both players and gamemasters with tools to jump straight into adventure. As of the start of this Kickstarter campaign, the Decks of Destiny box includes:
- Player's Pack - One set of 13 combat option cards (perfect for new players), one blank fighter dry erase card, one blank wizard dry erase card, one dry erase marker, and one character journal which serves as an expanded character sheet where you can record both game stats and campaign information. Project stretch goals do not affect this item. (Also available as an add-on, either as the complete pack or just the journal, in case you want extras.)
- Rumors & Treasures - One deck of 30 -- now 44! -- dry erase rumor cards and a rumors journal where the GM can record card usage . . . plus one deck of 60 -- now 74! -- dry erase treasure cards and a treasures journal. Project stretch goals, if unlocked, add cards to the two decks and pages to the two journals. (Also available as an add-on, either as the complete pack or just the two journals, in case you want extras.)
- Adversaries - One deck of 15 -- now 20! -- dry erase orc fighter cards, one deck of 24 dry erase skill cards (use to turn any fighter card into a talented character), one deck of 15 -- now 20! -- dry erase double-sized wizard cards, and one deck of 30 -- now 40! -- dry erase double-sized creature cards. Project stretch goals, if unlocked, add cards to the fighter, wizard, and creature decks. (Also available as an add-on, in case you want extras.)
- Labyrinths - One deck of 62 hex-shaped dry erase cards to quickly build labyrinths, and a labyrinth journal where you can pre-plan adventures . . . or record the results of random adventures. Project stretch goals do not affect this item. (Also available as an add-on, either as the complete pack or just the journal, in case you want extras.)
- Megahex Tiles - 6 -- now 9! -- new sheets of double-sided, dry erase megahex tiles. Blank on one side, illustrated on the reverse side. Project stretch goals, if unlocked, double the number of megahex sheets to 12! (Also available as an add-on, in case you want extras.)
- A new drop table printed on the inside lid of the box; quickly stock your labyrinths with opponents, treasures, and surprises!
- 8 -- now 10! -- character sheet bookmarks.
And that's just to start! We have planned stretch goals that add more to the Decks of Destiny box set. How many will we unlock before the project closes?
You backed the Legacy Edition last summer and have the giant I Want It All! carton. You've also already backed Adventures and Hexagram, and you're now just waiting for those two projects to be completed and fulfilled. In short, you're all-in on this resurgence of The Fantasy Trip and want to guarantee that all the new items created as a part of this Kickstarter campaign land in your lap next year. We've got you covered! Select the $100 I Want All The Newness reward level and you'll receive:
- The Fantasy Trip Decks of Destiny and all applicable unlocked stretch goals.
- A new 24-inch by 24-inch playmat illustrated by Dyson Logos. (Available in two different colors; shown below. In BackerKit, you will choose one of the two color designs. You may add more playmats to your rewards; see Add-Ons, below. Designs not final.)
- A duplicate of the Decks of Destiny Player's Pack.
- All other applicable stretch goals unlocked during this project.
I Want All The Newness stretch goals unlocked as of May 13:
- 5-inch by 7-inch by 1-inch player storage box
- Wizard character pad (three pads)
- Melee character pad (three pads)
- 4 black pearlized 14mm six-sided dice
- 4 green pearlized 14mm six-sided dice
- 9-inch by 12-inch pocket folder featuring the Decks of Destiny cover art and the "random stocking" table from In the Labyrinth.
- 3.5-inch by 5.5-inch blank octopus journal
NOTE: Not all add-ons are included in the I Want All The Newness reward level. Some add-ons (such as the dice bags, Cthulhu D6 Dice Set, and more) are offered here for those of you who would like to add even more to your rewards package. If you're unsure of what is included in the I Want All The Newness reward level, please email email@example.com and our team will help you out. Thanks for your support of The Fantasy Trip and this new campaign!
NO REWARD NOTE: You must select a reward level to choose add-ons. As a policy, we do not make add-ons available to the No Reward pledges; in our experience, that leads to challenges and difficulties that cause troubles for all involved.
NOTE: Street addresses only.
After the Kickstarter project closes, and after all pledges are collected, we will open the BackerKit pledge manager. There you will provide your physical address, select any add-ons you may want, and pay for shipping. See the FAQ for estimated shipping costs. Failure to complete your BackerKit survey by the posted deadline (shared when the surveys are opened) will result in a refund and removal from the project.
We make every attempt not to incur any taxes or custom fees which could be passed along. However, should any fees be levied, they are exclusively your responsibility. These fees will be determined when the shipment arrives in your country. We also cannot guarantee that an order will not be confiscated or rejected by your country's customs.
If you wish, you may choose to use a fulfillment service. This allows you to pledge for the project and then provide us with a U.S. address for delivery of your rewards. Forwarding from the fulfillment service, as well as any local fees, is your responsibility when using a fulfillment company.
INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY NOTE: International backers will receive their rewards roughly three months (April 2020 estimated delivery) after U.S. backers.
NOTE: Images not final. The project is still in the works and we may change, drop, or otherwise produce items that look different from what is shown here.
Some artwork copyright William McAusland, used with permission.
Risks and challenges
Steve Jackson Games is an established game publisher with a successful track record and we have enough Kickstarter experience to deal with issues should they arise. The work is in progress with many Decks of Destiny cards finished. Now it's time for you to tell us whether or not to complete the project. As we've done in the past, we will stay in touch with our backers during and after the Kickstarter, all the way through fulfillment of the rewards.
Please note that backers in some regions may receive their rewards before others; the rewards will be shipped to our fulfillment warehouse where they will be packed for individual shipments and then, in some instances, forwarded to partners in other nations for final fulfillment.