In 2016, you funded the creation of the Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game, a boxed RPG that is Powered by GURPS! You and over 1,500 other GURPS fans helped us to create an incredible roleplaying game set and, thanks to the buzz created by the Kickstarter campaign, our short print run wasn't enough to get us through more than a year or so of sales. The game is sold out and growing harder and harder to find in stores and online, which is making it difficult for new players to join the fun.
Now, with your support, we're going to bring back the Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game with a second printing and, more importantly, expand the line with a new book: Dungeon Fantasy Monsters 2! This companion to Dungeon Fantasy Monsters introduces even more foes to the dungeon, giving the GM new tools to use when designing adventures and the players more beasties to slay and loot.
Written by Sean Punch, GURPS Line Editor and mastermind behind the Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game, Monsters 2, at launch, comes in at 48 pages with 22 different monsters, each of which includes:
- Description and illustration.
- Game statistics and rules.
- Adventure seeds, providing the GM with inspiration to build on when creating adventures.
- Stretch goals, if unlocked, will push this to a total of 64 pages and 30 different monsters.
A reprint of the Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game box set, with corrected errata, including five books, maps, dice, and more! To learn about the game, please visit the official web page. If the campaign is successful, we will offer the box set reprint to our distribution partners.
Relevant Pyramid Issues (PDFs delivered through Warehouse 23)
- Pyramid: Dungeon Fantasy Collected. $16. PDF. This compilation collects Pyramid articles which have appeared outside of the Dungeon Fantasy- and Alternate Dungeons-themed issues, but are of particular interest to Dungeon Fantasy gamers. It includes over 20 articles taken from issues 10, 13, 19, 25, 38, 43, 47, 48, 56, 58, 61, 64, 68, 70, 75, 77, 78, 80, and 82. This is a direct compilation, without updates or changes.
- Pyramid #3/98. $8. PDF. With "You All Meet at an Inn," expectations flip when the heroes find themselves desperately defending a tavern. In this issue's included bestiary, over a dozen new monsters threaten would-be treasure-hunters. Designed for the core GURPS Dungeon Fantasy supplements, most of this issue can be used with the forthcoming Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game as soon as the boxed set is cracked open. Welcome to the dungeon-fantasy experience; heroes wanted!
- Pyramid #3/104. $8. PDF. Learn the basics of the game with "Trapped in the Living Tomb" -- a complete, ready-to-play solo adventure. Make a random heroic background with David L. Pulver, or devise a complete campaign framework with a roll of the dice. With this issue, the world of dungeon-delving excitement is closer than ever!
- Pyramid #3/106. $8. PDF. Add new threats to your underground lairs with six sinister undead from Sean Punch and eight deadly traps from Christopher R. Rice. Outfit your dungeon delvers quickly and easily with ready-calculated kits of useful gear. Unimaginable treasure beckons within these pages, and adventure awaits!
- Pyramid #3/108. $8. PDF. Learn how to augment existing monsters with Dungeon Fantasy RPG designer Sean Punch, and use those methods on nine new creatures of myth and legend. Uncover the secrets of David L. Pulver's "Hydra Island," where death lurks just a soggy step away. With this issue, your tombs are stocked and adventure awaits; all that's needed is your heroes!
- Pyramid #3/118. $8. PDF. Unleash the power of your buckler by becoming a shield-bearer in the Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game. Explore an abandoned mine using either The Fantasy Trip or Dungeon Fantasy. With the roll of some dice, create random encounters for Dungeon Fantasy . . . or turn them into inspiration for The Fantasy Trip. With this month's Pyramid, you'll get the newest in old-school gaming!
Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game and GURPS Print Books
- Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game. $75. Printed box set. A fun hack 'n' slash campaign will challenge heroes with clever dungeons. To get the most out of your fantasy adventures, you need a game that lets you customize and perfect characters, monsters, treasures, and traps.
- Dungeon Fantasy Monsters 2. $20. Printed book. A duplicate copy of the Dungeon Fantasy Monsters 2 book that is produced if this campaign is successful. Not scheduled for distribution release.
- Dungeon Fantasy Companion. $20. Printed book. The Dungeon Fantasy Companion includes all three stretch-goal supplements from the Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game Kickstarter campaign.
- How to Be a GURPS GM. $20. Printed book. GURPS! A game with infinite possibilities. Even those familiar with this award-winning system may not feel they've mastered the fundamentals . . . and those just starting with this game may feel lost amid the possibilities. You want help. You could use a guide. You need How to Be a GURPS GM.
GURPS Dungeon Fantasy (PDFs delivered through Warehouse 23)
- GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Setting: Caverntown. $10. PDF. Dungeon Fantasy heroes see town as a place to hear rumors, buy supplies, and sell loot – but their players often want details. A settlement that serves wanderers obsessed with weapons, armor, magic, and mountains of coins won't look much like anything from Earth's Middle Ages! It'll be more interesting. GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Setting: Caverntown presents a magical underground city a mere bowshot from the dungeon.
- GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Adventure 1: Mirror of the Fire Demon. $10. PDF. GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Adventure 1: Mirror of the Fire Demon presents an adventure for four or more Dungeon Fantasy heroes built on 250-300 points. As rumors of the mirror's existence spread throughout the land, the heroes must race against time to defeat monsters, overcome challenges, and outwit other adventurers who want to get the ultimate prize first. The heroes need to wander the wilderness, search the sacred grotto, and find the hidden fortress to save the day. This time, getting there may be more than half the battle!
- GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Adventure 2: Tomb of the Dragon King. $8. PDF. Bold adventurers are recruited to retrieve a lost artifact. But the tomb wherein it dwells is crawling with lizard cultists, lurking monsters, and – of course – a few dragons. Can the delvers use their swordfighting, sneaking, and spellcasting abilities to complete their quest and get out alive? GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Adventure 2: Tomb of the Dragon King is a GURPS Dungeon Fantasy adventure designed for four to six 250-point adventurers with guidelines for adapting it to other groups. It provides maps for all key areas, a description of a new trap, and stats for several new monsters – including dragons in assorted sizes.
- GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Encounters 1: The Pagoda of Worlds. $5. PDF. The tavern rumors promise adventure; the beacon in the dangerous wilderness promises respite; both are correct, and both lead to an abandoned monastery. The Pagoda of Worlds is an ancient spiritual retreat holding many secrets and hazards for GURPS Dungeon Fantasy heroes . . . including the promise of a gate to other realms. GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Encounters 1: The Pagoda of Worlds provides a ready-to-use detailed adventure outline, maps, new monster stats, and tips for adjusting the difficulty of events based on party size and composition. Open your mind, ready your sword, and prepare for battle; worlds await!
- Robin's Laws of Good Game Mastering. $13. Printed book. Out-of-print for over a decade! Know your players! Analyze your system! Build your campaign! Design adventures! Prepare to be spontaneous, and improvise like a fiend! Whether you're a beginner or an experienced roller of the polyhedrals, the insights in this book will improve your Game Mastering faster than you can say, "Roll for initiative!" Written by Robin D. Laws.
All of the books listed on this page will be available on BackerKit for the stated prices/each. To add any of these titles to your rewards, increase your pledge by the amount shown. In BackerKit, after the campaign closes, you will make your exact book selections.
EXAMPLE: You choose GURPS Russia ($22.95) and GURPS Japan ($22.95) and increase your pledge by $45.90. In BackerKit, after the campaign closes, you will be able to choose GURPS Russia and GURPS Japan as add-on items.
Are you new to GURPS? The Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game is a perfect introduction to GURPS, a system that was first published in 1986 and is supported with hundreds of print books and many, many PDFs. To give you a better idea of what to expect from this game, we recommend the following links:
- John Booth's review of the game at Geek Dad.
- This six part review of the Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game at justroll3d6.com.
- blindmapmaker.wordpress.com offers up this exhaustive review of the game.
- The GURPS Lite PDF, a free introduction to the GURPS rules.
In addition to the above, you may also visit the official Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game forums and ask as many questions as you like. The forum members will do their best to answer all of your GURPS questions!
GURPS has been in print for over three decades and is on the fourth edition; the strength of the game has kept it a favorite with many gamers for years now, and we're happy to see you join in on the fun.
After the Kickstarter project closes, and after all pledges are collected, we will open the BackerKit pledge manager. There, you will tell us your Warehouse 23 email address, provide your physical address, and pay for shipping (if you are receiving physical rewards). See the FAQ for estimated shipping costs.
Please note that any taxes or customs fees are exclusively your responsibility, and these fees will be determined when the shipment arrives in your country. We also cannot guarantee that an order will not be confiscated or rejected by your country's customs.
If you wish, you may choose to use a fulfillment service. This allows you to pledge for the project and then provide us with a U.S. address for delivery of your rewards. Forwarding from the fulfillment service, as well as any local fees, is your responsibility when using a fulfillment company.
Publisher's Choice Quality Stock Art copyright Rick Hershey/Fat Goblin Games. Used under license. www.fatgoblingames.com
Risks and challenges
Steve Jackson Games is an established game publisher with a successful track record and we have enough Kickstarter experience to deal with issues should they arise. The writing is complete (including for the stretch goal monsters!), the art is ready, and the book is in the final stages of layout. Now it's time for you to tell us whether or not to complete the project. As we've done in the past, we will stay in touch with our backers during and after the Kickstarter, all the way through fulfillment of the rewards.
Please note that backers in some regions may receive their rewards before others; the books and games will be shipped to our fulfillment warehouse where they will be packed for individual shipments and then, in some instances, forwarded to partners in other nations for final fulfillment.
- (18 days)