So, what is a boardgame café anyway? The original boardgame café opened in Toronto Canada almost 10 years ago and the concept has been sweeping the nation and the world ever since! At a WarCraft Games café you will have access to fine beverages, excellent food and if you are interested you can pay a small $5 fee to have access to vast supply of open boardgames and card games and while away a couple of hours playing while you eat and connect with friends. Play for an hour or two or stay all day sampling several boardgames, you will still only pay $5! Even if you choose not to pay to play a boardgame, we will have small complimentary games at each table that we can easily show you how to play even if you choose not to use the games library!
For food we will be sourcing locally made sandwiches, panini's and other savory treats. We have already contacted local bakeries about bringing in some delicious custom themed deserts! Last but not least we have spent a good deal of time sampling coffees and espressos in the local Fraser Valley and rest assured we are going to offer what we consider the best coffee around.
So what if you don’t currently play boardgames or card games and otherwise aren’t looking for any kind of gaming experience while grabbing a coffee and a pastry? That’s alright, you will want to back our Warcraftgames Café project because if we get to the pledge level that we would like, we will be open from 11am till 11pm, 7 days a week! Currently Mission lacks any place that serves a great Latte and designer cake after 5pm!
Why Kickstarter? Well in the past we have expanded in a slow but stable manner, but I feel that Mission needs a boardgame café now! By helping us, you not only get exclusive access to rewards that will never be offered again but you will also help to build a community of like minded friends. A fun safe place where you can while away a few hours learning a new game, hang with friends and try something new!
Super excited to let you know about our Stretch Goals which are parts of the project that we would like to accomplish as we raise more money beyond our initial goal.
* $5,000: is our minimum amount to get this project off the ground. We'd like to get more as we could then upgrade some of the buying options for items like espresso machines, chairs and other sundries associated with a coffee shop!
* $6,000: We hope to extend out our hours with at least one other employee ... 11am till 11pm, Wednesday to Sunday for starters and hopefully move onto 7 days a week once we have our system worked out!
* $7,500: Liqueur Licence. Get that WarCraft Games spirit, with WarCraft Games Spirits! Oh and did I mention Affogato! We will add some swag as add on's once we hit this level such as etched shot glasses and steins with our shield logo.
* $9,000: More Chairs and Tables, perhaps even another espresso machine! There's a lot of equipment needed to run a cafe and we'll need it!
* $10,000: D&D fully immersive gaming room. Brick walls, soundproofing on the ceiling and an LCD gaming table! Imagine sitting down to play with an LCD table that displays your maps at the click of a button! We also would like to have a monitor behind the GM for displaying imagery such as NPC's and other visuals vital for ambiance. Oh and there will be sound! This room will be the jewel in the crown of WarCraft Games Cafe!
* $12,000: For this goal I'd like to open our doors with the best games selection around! I'll be pricing up the top 40 - 50 games on Boardgame Geek and looking to get them for our library. With an average price of $40 - $60 per game times 40 comes to $1,800 so we have some shopping to do. I'll be also taking requests so don't fret if your fave game isn't on the top ten lists, don't hesitate to drop us a line!
Exclusive Kickstarter backer Keychains (EKBK): These handsome pieces will by the figurative "Keys to the kingdom". As an EKBK bearer you will enjoy special discounts, rights and privileges! If that wasn't enough, each keychain will have your name and customer number laser engraved onto it. So if they are ever lost they can be returned here and we'll get them back to you!
Jenga Pieces: With this add on, you will be able to submit your name or nickname and a short quote and sponsor a Jenga piece. We will then have them laser etched onto a Jenga piece creating a very original local piece of history! That means we'll have a Jenga set that is filled with tons of neat quotes and names from people in the community. Bring in your friends and look for your piece or others!
Barista Dice Game: These dice are made in house and of our design. Combining a couple of great little dice games into one really fun points stealing game! The objective is to make as many hot yummy beverages as you can for more points. If you come up croissants, then you'll have to roll again but don't roll too many Exiting customers ... you'll lose the chance to score! Don't cash out too early because your opponent will have a chance to steal your points!
This game will be sold in our store with Green, Blue and Red dice but for Kickstarter you will have exclusive access to our Ivory dice. These will never be available again and all the bone dice are lovingly hand painted by Connor and myself ... Lol ... mostly Connor, but he doesn't know it yet!
Risks and challenges
With any business there are risks; and with a new restaurant there seem to be plenty of them. We have carefully considered the risks before jumping into this venture and have grown our business over the past 15 years serving Mission with integrity and dedication.
We feel that our risk is very low as we already have a thriving game store and really just want provide a food and beverage upgrade to your gaming experience. The only question is how fast can we expand our games that we have available to you and how many more tables and chairs can we expect on opening day! One cake cooler or two ...
I am sure there are unknown risks and challenges that will arise, however I am confident that we have the support and resources of our family, friends and loyal customers to be successful.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)