We did it! Thank YOU, our beautiful community for donating, rallying, and spreading the word on behalf of GenUp. In these final hours of the campaign, any donations beyond our goal will only contribute to the highest possibility of this work. We will create an even MORE powerful WakeUp with additional video and content options for WakeUp facilitators worldwide. Help us blast past our $20,000 goal and donate in the final hours!
Something powerful is happening in the world today. We've seen it in Cairo, we've seen it in Madison, and we're continuing to see it on campuses and in communities around the world: young people are waking up and taking a stand for a new future. We know that our generation is faced with both the challenge and the opportunity to turn the tide of history. Generation Waking Up is a global campaign to ignite a generation of young people to bring forth a thriving, just, sustainable world. And we're making this happen through the WakeUp Experience.
The Call of our Time - WakeUp!
The WakeUp is one of the most promising organizing tools of our generation. Adapted from the Awakening the Dreamer, Changing the Dream Symposium created by the Pachamama Alliance, the WakeUp is an interactive, peer-led multimedia workshop for young people ages 15 to 30. Through powerful videos and music, dynamic group processes, and engaging dialogue, participants explore the critical questions facing society today:
- Who are we as a generation? What are the unique challenges and opportunities that we face?
- Where are we in the world today? What is the state of the world that we are inheriting?
- What has to change? How can we transform our worldview to create a new possible future?
- What do we do now? How can we each, in our own unique way, contribute to a thriving, just, sustainable world?
These transformative questions catalyze a sense of connection and community that allow diverse young people to come together across lines of difference to create real and lasting change in their local communities.
The WakeUp has already proven to be a great success. Since its initial launch in June 2010, WakeUps have been delivered in 12 countries including the United States, China, Mexico, India, Kenya, Australia, Egypt, Germany, and Brazil. Thousands of students and youth have experienced its power and 155 have been trained as WakeUp facilitators.
Whether it's motivated students to build community gardens, young entrepreneurs to create innovative solutions, or youth groups to engage in local service projects, the WakeUp is mobilizing inspired, collaborative action in young people around the globe.
The Wake Up Project
It's clear that the WakeUp is beginning to create ripples, but in order to create a WakeUp that can EXPLODE across college campuses, high schools, and conferences worldwide, we need to step it up! With your help, we are creating an updated version of the WakeUp that's more relevant, accessible, and translatable to youth everywhere. We're doing this by:
- Shooting new footage of diverse young changemakers, artists, and entrepreneurs to include in the WakeUp's videos
- Creating an inspiring new video module to highlight the story of our generation - a generation with unique challenges and gifts, coming of age in a time of crisis, transition, and opportunity
- Creating a WakeUp video trailer
- Integrating a new youth-inspired soundtrack
- Crafting DVD, PowerPoint, and Keynote versions of the WakeUp video presentation so that young people around the world can download and use the WakeUp for free to galvanize change in their communities
What Your Donation Will Go Towards:
We are revamping the video curriculum and facilitator scripts for the WakeUp and have broken down the budget so you can see exactly what your money is going towards:
- Pre-production/video scripting - $2600
- Production (videography, lighting, production assistance) - $5300
- Post-production (video editing, sound and color correction, and basic graphics) - $7800
- WakeUp Presenter Toolkit Development - $2400
- Hour-long original music score by Luis Maurette (of Lulacruza) - $1900
We are currently on the first phase of production of the WakeUp. The budget above reflects our bare bones operation, but the space to grow the dream of our work is unlimited! If we break past our goal, we can improve the WakeUp by creating even more videos, adding even more graphics and animation, adding new group processes and games to the presenter toolkit, and creating an open source media library for young people worldwide so they can create their own local adaptations of this work.
Thank YOU for Being a Part of This Movement!
Your donation is igniting a new generation of changemakers. Thank you for supporting the hope, power, and creative force of today's younger generation, and for making a new world possible!
With deep gratitude,
P.S. Got questions? Wanna play big with us? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (425) 274-6683.
**Disclaimer: Donations are tax-deductible minus the hard costs of goods received**
- (32 days)