Use this space to cheer the creator along, and talk to your fellow backers.
Have a question?
Thanks for the great update.
@kalah We are sending it out early next week. :-) . Thanks!!
I didn't receive any info on the private Fb group. Can you resend, please?
@Preston- Good to know for the future! :-) Thanks!
Thanks for the update. FYI the Kickstarter lives don't work on mobile phones. But the Facebook lives do.
@auffray Absolutely. Resending today. Please let us know if you don't receive it!
Hey wagging team, I have not received my backerkit survey. Do you mind sending again?
@Haneet Absolutely. I will send an email now to the address you used on KickStarter so you can change the mailing address for your Waggit. If it needs to go to a different email, let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sending it now.
Hi, I recently moved due to an emergency. I have placed a forwarding request with the United States Postal Service, but is there a way I can update my delivery address if the item hasn’t shipped?
Thanks @Jessica. We are super excited to get your pups their Waggits too. It sounds like you have two smart and adventurous babes! Everything right now is on track for May. We are deep in the manufacturing process and will definitely keep all of you in the loop as we continue down this road!!
Really looking forward to this! My dogs have escaped twice in the last couple weeks and I don't want to buy another product given that I've already backed this! I hope you're still on track for May!
@stephen Just double checking that this was resolved per our messafging. Thanks! :-)
Hi I had originally pledged for 1 unit, but this weekend upgraded to 2 units. I see a pending charge on my credit card for the full amount of both, instead of the difference. Can you look into this? Thanks.
@JohnFerguson Absolutely. Waggit has a leash ring and a tag clip so it can serve all needs. Excited for May too and Welcome to the pack.
Will the collar have a ring to connect a leash and tags to? I didn't see one in any of the pics or in the video and couldn't find any reference to one. I assume it does and backed for 2 but would like to know for certain.
This is a great project and I'm looking forward to May. I hope everything goes well for Waggit.
@anneCwind . Thanks!
Thanks for your response to my question. Congratulations on a sucessful campaign.
@preston Thanks for the advice!!
@creator no problem. I think you will be ok without an external survey unless you start adding add ons and the campaign gets crazy busy. The external surveys will take a percentage of your total pledge amount so I don't want you to spend money where it isn't needed.
@preston Thanks for the support and for the explanation. It makes a lot of sense! Appreciate it.
@Waggit please give @anneCwind minimal consideration as her opinion doesn't represent the vast majority of KS backers. She is spamming all her projects with the same question. Surveys DO NOT add money for additional expenses. They serve multiple purposes including allowing backers to save for funds, pledge additional amounts for more quantities, and allowing more feature options which KS does provide because a campaign grows and develops organically but KS tools do not. Typically "add-ons" are additional features that the project creators thought could never occur but due to volume the cost becomes feasible. @anneCwind is falsely claiming that she has not encountered a Creator that uses the KS reward survey system. But after a quick perusal of her 908 KS backed projects I can tell you that the Adore scale, the Pockit, and the E.P. Light which I have also been a part of used the KS reward survey system. They did not use an external survey system. Of those three I really needed an external survey for E.P. Light because I ordered the WRONG light. I also wanted a light stand - which was an add on but part of the project. But I couldn't add that after the KS campaign ended. It was horrible for me as a backer. You don't need an external survey for add ons but it certainly helps especially for backers who didn't pledge additional funds during the campaign.
@anneCwind Thanks for reaching out! We are still in the final stages of deciding who we are using for the surveys as the external ones help with fulfillment. I can tell you we will not be asking for additional payment or selling any add-ons. I agree that os absolutely not the purpose. Thanks!
Are you planning on using the Kickstarter reward surveys to collect information? As a Superbacker I have been disturbed by the practice of Creators using external surveys that then ask for an additional payment for the Backer reward because of the Creator's unexpected expenses. These same surveys also offer "add-ons" and other products. Kickstarter is not a retail space. I don't appreciate Backers that treat it as one. Since I have yet to come across this practice with a Creator that uses the reward survey system provided by Kickstarter, I've recently decided to only back Creators that plan on using it. Therefore, please let me know your plans for Backer reward surveys. Thank you.
@Donald, my sincere apologies for the delay getting back to you on the collars, as I was trying to get some better renderings knocked out for posting on the page. We're still finalizing the exact pattern for each, but primary band colors will be 1) dark chocolate 2) blue and 3) raspberry pink, as shown via color chips at bottom of the campaign page...near size options. I'm unable to attach images to this post, but if you'd like to email me at email@example.com, I'd be happy to share a few "work in progress" design renderings. We will be sharing all final color/design options at end of campaign (plus one additional band design selected via our backers), and you'll be able to select both color and size before shipping. Hope that helps, but let me know if you have any other questions.
@Donald, my cofounder is working on getting you the colors (should be tomorrow) and we do have more stretch goals coming...sneak peak---one is a special color voted on by this community...so the black or black/white could happen. :-)
This collar would be amazing Iman all black or a black and white option (or both)
Can you guys upload pictures of what the collar looks like in the other available colors?
Also any thoughts for other stretch goals to keep the funding momentum going throughout the campaign?
@david. Great question. The collar does not conduct heat.
Hey! I was wondering if there are any heat issues with the collar? Is it warm? I just don't want a hot collar bothering my pup.
@youlian. I was able to connect with David and Preston. Feel free to reach out. :-)
@youlian and @david. Yikes! I didn't catch the autocorrect. It is firstname.lastname@example.org. :-). Whoops
Your message wasn't delivered to email@example.com because the address couldn't be found. Check for typos or unnecessary spaces and try again.
@susan: I tried to e-mail you at firstname.lastname@example.org but it got bounced back as "Address not found".
@youlian sounds great!
@susan i'd like the report. i'll send you an email.
@Preston. We don't have video of to working. We do have a due diligence report from our investors who used Waggit and wrote up their thoughts before syndicating the deal. We also could connect you with beta users. Fee free to email me at email@example.com and I think we can get you what you need even if it isn't a video :-)
@Creator Do you have any videos showing a working prototype? I'd like to see the GPS feature working and other features integrated with the App. How do you the sensors deal with thick fur? Do you have any video testimonials from the beta testers?
@Josh I am so sorry you didn't see that Waggit currently only fits dogs 20# and larger. We call it out on the size options at the bottom of the page. We will have the smaller version later in the year and will also run a pre-sales campaign. As much as it saddens me, It makes the most sense for you to cancel your order and then follow us as I can't promise a ship date quite yet. That way you will be notified when we start pre-sales of the smaller version (and we will have presales discounts) Let us know if you have any other questions.
I did some separate research and learned something that is not included on this kick starter page. My dog only weighs about 10 pounds. I pledged an amount but is there a way to have that be for when a version small enough for my dog comes out? Was I wrong when I found that he minimum sized dog is 20 pounds?
@youlian The Modem and cellular service are different in New Zealand. We plan to expand Internationally when we scale. I wish we could do them all at once. :-)
@chris Thanks for the kind words. You are correct that right now we are only shipping to the US, Canada, and Mexico. The Modem and cellular service are different in New Zealand. We plan to expand Internationally when we scale. Appreciate as well the feedback on the subscription. Right now we have to pass thru the cost of the cellular service.
@chris "Also from New Zealand so don’t think it would be compatible. "
why would that be?
Very interested in the product and pup analytics, but not in the subscription model. Also from New Zealand so don’t think it would be compatible.
But like where this project is going. The 7 day battery life should be reassuring to pet owners :)
@Donald We will have training content to help pet parents know how to train their pups with the sounds. We will also have content on how to train specific behaviors. The "gamified training" means your pup gets to earn points and badges for achievements. :-)
Thanks for the idea on the stretch goal. We do have a speaker so your pup can hear the sounds. We will in the future be able to let people record their voices. Appreciate the suggestions!
Thank you for your quick response and great update! Couple more questions I didn’t touch on before-
1. Could you elaborate a little on what is meant by “gamified training?” Does this merely refer to the leaderboard and comparing activity scores vs other community members? Or is there some special training technique you’re referring to which is going to improve the effectiveness/speed of training somehow?
2. For an additional feature/stretch goal, among the many other smart collars I’ve found (and I’ve researched these extensively for over a year), a great feature is an embedded microphone & speaker into the collar- this can definitely aid in remotely training/calling out to your pet (e.g. if they’re doing something bad that you see on a Home security cam you can tell them to stop or modify/reinforce/strengthen trained behaviors remotely). Also this would be useful if your dog gets lost, even though you might be able to find them with the GPS, depending on the situation, being able to tell your dog to “come home” might enable them to start coming back to you or make them findable. Also it would allow you to hear if your dog is in pain, or barking, etc. and give the owner the opportunity to act on this info. The WÜF smart collar implements these features and they sound very useful.
@Donald Thanks for the excitement! Waggit is a very different product from Kyon.
Since dogs intentionally hide pain, finding diseases like cancer early is super rare. We spend thousands trying to save them and it is usually too late.
Waggit is the only health & well being monitor that provides key indicators to help detect health conditions early, improving and possibly extending the life of our dogs.
The true insights come from the combination of vitals, body positions, sleep quality, activity, nutrition, location, and ambient temperature vs a dog’s own baselines.
• For example, we will send an alert if your dog’s respiration and heart rate are trending up, he is no longer lying on his left side, and he is not sleeping as well as usual. Our vets have told us getting this intel early can likely save your dog’s life and save the pet parent thousands in vet bills.
• On top of alerts, you will have access to all his trend data so you can have peace of mind knowing he is healthy, manage his pain when he is not…and easily share a report with your vet.
• From a safety perspective, have smart ambient temperature alerts and find my dog, and virtual fence
• We also have activity tracking, gamified training, leaderboards and badges for added fun.
Waggit’s differentiator lies in the actionable insights from multiple data points making it truly life-changing vs a novelty. To your specific questions:
1) Waggit learns every dog's baselines and then alerts to changes. On the vitals, we track heart rate, respiration rate, and body temperature. We get reads every 5 minutes and then report out to the app every 4 hours. That allows us to ensure high quality of data.
2) We do not plan on alerting when the collar was wet. So many of our Waggit dogs go swimming in their Waggit's.
3) We get veery accurate location reads from our GPS. I found my Waggit in the grass when it wasn't on my dog.
4) We do have three sounds for training. One for positive reinforcement, one for a correction, and one to get attention at a distance.
5) We do plan on a future integration with auto feeders as we have your dog's activity and calories burned so we can add tons of value.
6) Agree 100% on the app updates. We have also made all the code on the collar easily updatable so we can continue to add features.
Thank you and feel free to reach out to mew as well. firstname.lastname@example.org
@Donald We do have some fun Stretch Goals planned! We will be posting them soon. :-)
Also, are there any plans for Stretch Goals? Those are always great, but I don’t see any listed.
Hey Waggit, very excited about this product- looks like it packs a lot of tech into an attractive package. Actually, the list of features appears very similar to another product currently in the preorder stage- the Kyon pet tracker. It looks like some of the super detailed info isn’t yet available for your product for some of the main features- several questions:
1.) in terms of tracking and health notifications, I was wondering specifically which vitals would be tracked and at what frequency
2.) the Kyon tracker has a nice key feature- able to detect if the collar is wet/submerged in water and sends a notification in those events- therefore allowing you to save your pet if he might’ve e.g. fallen into a pool or lake and is at risk of drowning. Are you planning to incorporate a similar feature in your device?
3. The Kyon collar includes an altimeter for more precise location & activity tracking- will yours also?
4. The Kyon collar includes a feature to remotely calm your dog in situations of e.g. an aggressive dog approaching- will yours also?
5. There are several pet products out there that incorporate smart feeding (I know PetNet’s smart feeder is popular and I personally have the Gosh! EasyFeed which also has a camera)-would it be possible to link this smart collar to these devices to pull over some of that nutrition info into your app?
6. Hot regularly do you plan on updating the app? I’ve seen too many potentially revolutionary smart/connected products which have the potential to be the defining product for a particular space end up being relegated to the junk heap due to poor tech support, infrequent or nonexistent app updates, and overall poor user experience. This product and app so far show real promise, and as a backer I’d hate for your product to suffer that same fate!
Thank you so much and please feel free to contact me directly for any further clarification or any questions/comments.