About this project
Fragged Empire is a tabletop RPG setting & rule system, set in a far future 'post, post-apocalyptic' universe. Your people have survived 100 years of brutal tribalism and savagery, and are just now emerging back into space.
Our previous Kickstarter: http://tinyurl.com/pa96zd8
To fully enjoy the Protagonist Archive you will need the Fragged Empire Core Rule Book which can be purchased from our website or by selecting a pledge level with the Core Rule Book.
- $40,000 = Expanded 'Locations' section +15 pages.
- $45,000 = All Fragged Empire miniatures come with a hand signed, premium quality art-card.
- $50,000 = Expanded art budget; a large feature image for each of the 4 new races.
- $55,000 = Expanded 'Prominent NPCs' section +15 pages.
- $60,000 = Unlock Male Kaltoran miniature.
- $65,000 = Unlock Adventure "Alien Fire" (PDF and Print).
- $70,000 = Unlock professional quality rules video.
The Protagonist Archive
- A huge, deluxe quality, full colour, hardcover, 160+ (now 190+) page book.
- Loads of beautiful artwork and short stories.
- Timeline expanded by 5 years.
- 4 New playable races.
- 4 New NPC races.
- Factions, locations, and NPC political figures.
- 150+ New Traits!
- 75+ New Weapons, Outfits, Utility Items, and Variations.
- Combat Computer Variations, Psionic Variations and Mounts.
- PDF is hyperlinked, layered, and bookmarked.
- A Twi-Far and Faren focused adventure.
- Suitable for character with 6-10 Resources.
- 40 page, soft cover, black and white interior.
Contains ALL of the Traits, and Equipment stats from all of our books in one easy-to-read PDF. No need to have multiple PDFs or books open when creating Characters, Spacecraft or NPCs.
- This PDF will be updated as future books are released.
- The cost of this PDF will go up as additional books are released.
- Backing this Kickstarter is a great way to pick up this PDF cheaply.
4 New Playable Races
During the Great War, the Archons thought they were adapting Human created software to produce the mechanical horrors known as Mechonids, but in truth they were ham-fistedly warping sentient and fully aware digital Human minds into sociopathic killers.
Despite the Great War ending, the Mechonids continue to harvest these minds to create more of their own. Forcing these digital beings, known as the Palantor, to flee back into a physical existence that they had not experienced for over three millennia.
Betraying their Archon creators, the Remnant sided with the invading Nephilim during the Great War. But this was all for naught as they themselves were betrayed, and exterminated. This would have been their end if it were not for the arrival of an immensely powerful entity known as the All-Being some thirty years later, raising tens of thousands from the dead. The Remnant became a new, spiritually focused, people. Forever seeking to discover the true nature of the All-Being, and to learn why they, traitors, were brought back to life.
Born and raised in space, the Twi-Far are two sentient species inhabiting a single body, but with limited ability to communicate to each other. The Archon created race known as the Twilinger, and an energy based alien race of unknown origin known as the Faren.
Pushing themselves far beyond their created purpose to be no more than an Archon created biological weapon. The Zhou must now struggle against their unquenchable hunger if they are to coexist alongside the other races.
Miniatures & Addons
High quality, multi-part, 32mm heroic scale, resin miniatures.
All miniatures come with a hand signed, premium quality art card.
These evocative miniatures will help to bring your character alive during your game sessions! We are also working on a future skirmish game that will also make use of these miniatures (I hope to have this out early next year).
To add an Addon to your pledge, simply increase your pledge by the required amount. We will be using a BackerKit pledge manager post campaign to confirm your order.
All shipping costs will be collected after the Kickstarter campaign via our BackerKit Pledge Manager. This allows us to adjust for stretch goals, to not overcharge backers by having blanket prices, and gives us more time to work with fulfillment services to get the best possible price.
All orders will be shipped at our expense to fulfillment warehouses in the United States, Europe, and Australia before being posted out to backers.
- USA mainland, Europe, and Australia: $15aud.
- Rest of the World: from $30aud.
- Miniature only pledges should be half rate (as they are lighter).
Fragged Empire Music!
"Far below the great Kaltoran city, a dark tribe mourns the loss of a much loved leader. Metal pipes carry their sombre dirge to any who would pause and listen. His children, grandchildren and great children sing a heartfelt tune of loss as they rub ceremonial spices into his lifeless body. Tears of sorrow flow freely as his many widows sing of their fallen husband's many great deeds. Every memory is cherished, every pain is mourned, every bone is picked clean. Nothing goes to waist, be it pain or flesh."
"The most ancient data streams hint vaguely that humanity explored the nebula, and perhaps even charted the other five star systems grasped by Halo and the numerous rogue planets forever wandering the expanse of the nebula’s seemingly endless innards. Analysis of what fragmentary data caches remain from the Archons’ time suggests they mostly avoided the nebula. Nearly every Archon file detailing the nebula’s inner reaches has proven corrupted or deleted. Yet there she sits, on the edge of Haven system, beckoning explorers, scientists, maniacs, and scoundrels – seeking truth, or obfuscation, within the folds of Halo’s stardust miasma."
Rachel Swagger all Painted up
Thanks so much to Meg Maples!
Early PDF Access
Once the Kickstarter campaign has finished, all PDF/Book backers will gain early access to the Protagonist Archive rules. I hope to send these out within 2 weeks of the campaigns completion.
Risks and challenges
I've learned a lot from my previous successful Kickstarter. International shipping, and stretch goals are always a little tricky and may delay the delivery date.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (28 days)