It's the final week of the campaign and here's what we accomplished together so far!
- Unlocked 9 stretch goals so far, including the custom plastic box insert, fully upgraded tiles, game box and custom die for the expansion!
- Over 370% funded with 1,200 amazing and supportive backers!
- Winners of the BoardGameGeek most anticipated historical game of 2019!
- Featured byprominent channels such as Dice Tower, ManvsMeeple, Gaming Trend Magazine and Casual Game Revolution!
- Simple rules, deep strategy: Anyone can learn, but only the best will flourish
- Intense Player Interaction: A well timed cascade can change the entire board
- Unique tiles, innumerable replayability: With 78 distinct Ziggurat tiles, each game evolves differently
- Legendary table presence: A monumental display of an ancient wonder, right on your table!
NOTE on the Scoring Tiles:
- Scoring is meant to be done after the full Ziggurat has been completed
- We've unlocked the stretch goal for the illustrated scoring tile design!
Deluxe edition of Gardens of Babylon will not be available beyond the Kickstarter campaign. Cackleberry Games, however, reserves the right to sell and distribute the remaining Kickstarter exclusive items through their online shop and at conventions. Note that the final custom meeple and seed design is subject to change based on final manufacturer pre-production feedback.
Cackleberry Games was formed by an international team of gamers on the Mediterranean Island of Cyprus. Having lived overseas for more than two years, we know what it's like to read foreign language menus and rulebooks - so we decided to provide the digital version of the Babylon rulebook in multiple languages from DAY 1 - at no cost, no stretch goals, no gimmicks.
Gardens of Babylon supports solo play, where you'll have all the same strategic and tactical choices of tile laying and worker movement. The only difference is that you'll be competing against the legendary King Nebuchadnezzar II!
Do you have what it takes to supplant the King?
- First in line: Receive your copy of Gardens of Babylon before everyone else!
- Level up the game: Unlock stretch goals to further improve the game for everyone!
- Save some coin: Kickstarter copies of the game are discounted compared to the final retail price.
- Support Cackleberry Games: We've poured our hearts into this project over the last 12 months. By supporting the campaign you're enabling us to continue investing in future awesome experiences for gamers!
With a unique mix of approachability and strategic depth, Gardens of Babylon can be played with family, friends, and foes alike. Casual gamers can appreciate the simple rules, while more experienced gamers will appreciate the replayability and emergent complexity. With a non-violent theme and sessions that last roughly an hour, Babylon is accessible to all players and will be sure to show up on your table time and time again.
Shipping will be charged after the campaign is completed through the pledge manager. The shipping rates listed above are estimates and may change based on 2019 shipping rates.
- Shipping for the Standard and Deluxe Editions will be the same.
- Customs Friendly Shipping for USA, Europe, Canada, Australia and China backers.
- Europe includes Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
- Rest of Asia includes Japan, Korea, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- Alaska, Russia, Hawaii and Puerto Rico are all part of Rest of World.
- For group orders of 6+, please contact us at rob@cackleberry games to discuss!
If you're a retail store interested in Gardens of Babylon, please pledge at the $50 retailer level. This counts as a down payment for 6 or 12 copies of the standard or deluxe edition of the game, including all stretch goals and the KS exclusives. Upon pledging, we will contact you directly with further information on bundle discounts, shipping, and to answer any questions you might have. Your KS pledge will act as a deposit for your games, with any remainder due shortly before fulfillment.
Please feel free to reach out to our team directly via email@example.com if you have any questions.
Social Media & Community Engagement Support: AnnaMaria Jackson-Phelps
KS Video Voiceover: Chris Cantrell
How to Play Video Editor: Rob Cleaveland
Additional Graphic Design: Kate Finch
Connect with Cackleberry Games & Gardens of Babylon on social media!
Special thank you to the hundreds of playtesters who spent their time playing and giving feedback on Gardens of Babylon. Your efforts have refined the game to where it is today! Additionally, we'd like to thank everyone in the community of the board game industry itself! Your help, tips, advice, and support have been invaluable!
Risks and challenges
Thank you for reading this far and for your support and trust in our team! We take our gaming very seriously. Over the last 12 months, we've completed 95% of the game art and design, and verified our budget/production pipeline from beginning to end. By the end of our campaign we will be ready for the manufacturing and production stage to begin!
Although we have added buffer time to account for possible delays, there is always the risk of issues that arise during manufacturing, shipping, and customs. We will consistently strive for transparency, and will be quick to communicate any successes and challenges we encounter.
While this is our first Kickstarter campaign and board game project, our team has experience working in the video game industry, including managing external vendors, budgets, and customer support. Most importantly, we're gamers ourselves. That's what motivates us to provide the best possible player experience, both in the game and during this process.
Thank you again for your amazing support!
The Cackleberry Games Team
- (24 days)