Thanks so much for checking out VOTARY! I founded VOTARY as a knitwear label in New York City in February 2012 with a desire to innovate an oft overlooked – but nonetheless defining – element of one’s personal style: the scarf.
Making a lasting first impression is always important and to that end I've always thought what is at eye level and used for layering was super important - be it scarves, cardigans or jackets. So with that philosophy, I wanted my inaugural collection to inject well-constructed, smartly designed style into your life with premium, yet accessible, oversized scarves.
The reception we received with our first line of samples was so overwhelming that we were asked to develop complementary blankets to help bring VOTARY's unique personal style into your home - and naturally we obliged.
We hope that after you watch our video, learn of our story and fall in love with our designs, you will find that we are giving you something substantial to believe in and that you will support VOTARY.
WHY SUPPORT VOTARY?
We think the reasons are pretty good:
- We worked tirelessly at creating substantial, yet affordable, knitted scarves with eye-catching patterns, beautiful details and the perfect dimensions for endless styling options. The number of rounds of sampling we endured has paid off - our collection ranges from the traditional to the garish and we are confident you will be as pleased as we are.
- Our collection was designed with maximizing functionality and so each scarf is also REVERSIBLE with its opposing design.
- Each Scarf measures 12 inches in width x 67 inches in length, and weighs nearly 1 pound
- Each Blanket measures 53 inches in width x 67 inches in length, and weighs nearly 3.5 pounds
- The colors we chose for the collection were well thought out. After numerous lab dips, the colors selected will look great with all skin tones and will enhance any outfit you choose. We take particular pride in our Ecru color used in many of our scarf designs as it strikes the perfect vintage chord.
- Our collection is LUXURIOUSLY SOFT and NON-SCRATCHY. After a good deal of market research, we found that potential customers wanted scarves and blankets that were EXTREMELY SOFT, NON-SCRATCHY, WARM, MACHINE WASHABLE, and HYPOALLERGENIC - and we made that happen. The VOTARY collection meets all those expectations by using a super-soft, pill resistant, incredibly warm Acrylic. We have no doubt that you will be amazed at the softness of our scarves and blankets, and how easy and cost-effective they are to maintain. AND, they will serve you well for many years to come.
- Our scarves and blankets are as soft as a Merino Wool, but unlike wool, they will never get holes thanks to pesky moths. You +1. Pesky Moths 0.
- Scarves and blankets often have sewn edges to cut down costs. Not VOTARY scarves and blankets. Each piece is knitted from top to bottom so it has that vintage charm and will seem as if if grandma knitted it for you.
- Our scarves and blankets feature a DOUBLE-PANELED construction. With 2 interwoven panels, each scarf and blanket provides for extra warmth and added structure. When it comes to wearing a VOTARY scarf, the added structure will enable you to style it in countless ways.
- Our products are DESIGNED and MANUFACTURED with pride here in the U.S.A. Having had to take a job in Europe after having been laid off, I am well aware of how important it is to keep and bring back jobs to the U.S.A. The more scarves and blankets we get the privilege of making, the more jobs we create. Like the successful Kickstarter campaigns of Ministry of Supply and Flint & Tinder, we recognize that it's just smart economics.
WHY DID YOU START VOTARY?
Well given the economic climate, I was laid off as a lawyer three years ago and getting nowhere fast even after applying for countless other positions, I knew I needed to find a new path. I got on a plane. Moved to Europe. Put my lawyering hat on hold and started at the bottom of the totem pole in the fashion industry to pursue a childhood dream. And now here we are.
When I thought of what to name my knitwear label, I kept thinking of how in these past few years of uncertain times I always remembered how my parents taught me to believe in myself - and firmly believing in myself is how I've now turned a dream into reality. And with that I thought VOTARY would be a meaningful and appropriate name for my label.
WHERE WE ARE NOW
The yarn is dyed. The labels are printed. The designs and patterns are set after numerous rounds of sampling. And now we need YOUR support to bring VOTARY to life.
The money we raise is needed to cover the costs of our production in the tri-state area factory with whom we have partnered. YOUR support we will get the knitting machines fired up and get these scarves and blankets into your hands for a warm and stylish winter.
We are very proud that our collection has been very well received and as a testament to our quality and designs, we have a number of leading national and international magazines that are looking to cover the collection. As soon as we have firm commitments, we will UPDATE you immediately!
Please look to the right for detailed information on reward tiers.
PLEASE NOTE: There are numerous rewards combinations due to our many design options and scarf/blanket combinations. Also, we recognize that our products can make for pretty great gifts. If you don't see a reward combination that matches your wishes, just let us know and we will add it immediately. Simply email email@example.com with your request.
CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What will be the retail price?
- We value your support immensely so we are happy to offer our scarves and blankets here on Kickstarter for a value (Scarves $70; Blankets $200). Scarves will retail for $75 each and blankets $225 each.
How do I select the style(s) I'd like?
- Once the campaign is over, and assuming the funding goal is met, we will send you a survey so that you can let us know what style(s) you'd like.
What are the shipping costs?
- If you're located in the United States, no need to worry as shipping costs are included. If you are located outside the United States please look at the reward tiers as to how much you should add for shipping as it varies depending on the reward you choose (PLEASE NOTE: NOT ALL REWARD TIERS ARE AVAILABLE FOR INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING). CANADIAN BACKERS: I failed to initially adjust for international shipping charges for Canada, so please contact me for the shipping costs you should add.
Are customs fees covered for international orders?
- These types of costs vary from country to country and are not covered if or if not applicable in your country.
What are the care instructions?
- It's easy and inexpensive. Machine wash cold, delicate cycle. Wash separately. Tumble dry low.
Do you confirm mailing address before shipping?
- Sure do. So if you're planning to move before we ship, don't worry!
Are you a retailer and interested in carrying our products?
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss.
- Shoot an email to email@example.com or reach us at 646.504.5510
Who shot, directed and edited the video?
- Adam Goodall
Want to join our mailing list or follow us on social media?
- If you can't support us at this time but would like to be added to our mailing list so that you can follow VOTARY as we grow, just email firstname.lastname@example.org and simply ask us to do so.
- FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/VotaryNY
- TWITTER: www.twitter.com/VotaryNY
- (30 days)