The successful stage play now as short film
Cheating was performed as a stage play at a London theater early 2018 and received great reviews. The audience loved it and thought it was funny, brave and challenging. This was the moment when Viktor and Harry decided to take the story from the stage to a big screen in form of a short film.
Viktor Leandersson is the producer of Cheating and has years of versatile working experience in theater productions and television, as well as tech industry. He's been directing, writing screenplays and watching more films than are possible in a lifetime. Well, he just loves storytelling.
And so does Harry ter Haar. He wrote Cheating, both in its current short film format and the original stage play. He's been writing and directing short format stories in film and theater for over 10 years. Them combined, we have a dream team! They are ready to shoot this film late January 2019. We just need a little bit of crowd-help!
Late at night after a boozy dinner, two couples get into a heated discussion over what ‘cheating’ actually means to each one of them. To their horror, they discover that all have a different understanding of the word.
This dark comedy short film puts four strong characters in one room to bounce the heated discussion of what cheating is about. This is portrayed in a funny, yet challenging way, so the audience gets both a laugh and food for thought...
Take a look at this teaser:
We can proudly present a team of glorious and experienced people behind this production. They will be the true heroes who will make this film a reality. The project is well structured with a solid, well proven working method that is used in the whole film industry. This allows our team to grow, inspire and empower their and others creative thinking. With this crew, the film cannot fail.
A big thank you to the team!
- Do you have equipment? Yes, it is booked and ready. We are pulling some strings, so we won't need to use 99% of our budget for it.
- Who is in the cast? We are still keeping it a secret, but we can promise you that you won't be disappointed.
- How many locations will you be using? Only one! This makes it easier for us to focus on the important things - a really good film.
- How many days will you be filming? Three.
- Will people get paid? Sadly not (although we would have loved that). The whole budget will go into covering food, transportation and location hire.
- Where can I see this film? The film hasn't been produced yet and that is why we need YOUR help. If we raise all the money, we'll shoot Cheating and then show it mainly at film festivals around the world. If you want to see it, make sure to pledge for a digital copy package.
- Will I be able to see this project somewhere if I do not pledge for a digital copy? Yes, but you will have to find a film festival, where Cheating is shown, and buy the ticket on your own. Safest way to get a copy of the film is to pledge AND go to the festival. That way YOU make sure the film gets into production, and YOU get to see it on the big screen.
Email the producer on email@example.com
Risks and challenges
With secured equipment, no salaries to pay and a story playing out in only one location this project is ranked as a low-risk project. Even so, there are always risks with every project.
The biggest challenge will be keeping to a tight production schedule. The hard work will be on set making sure we get our days, and that all the moving pieces come together in the right way.
Distribution is always a challenge for low-budget productions, but by using our network of people we are sure that festivals, and even TV, are ways for us to show this film. We already have a list of small festivals around the world that's welcoming low-budget short films with open arms.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)