Otherworlds RPG: Core Rulebook
Future fantasy RPG with simple rules and deep customization.
Otherworlds RPG: Core Rulebook
Future fantasy RPG with simple rules and deep customization.
After The Awakening, alien technology surged throughout the universe, influencing each and every planet in its own way. Adventurers will journey to uncharted lands, face untold oddities, and find themselves standing up, to defend the worlds against the coming darkness.
You are an Otherworlder - the wielder of a Wanderer: a strange alien artifact capable of interplanetary travel, IF you unlock its unique and cryptic puzzle.
Inspired by a weird mash up of Borderlands and Japanese RPGs.
Primary themes of the Otherworlds RPG are: adventure, high fantasy, tactical combat, and genre mixing.
• Akaia is a hot-headed elf armed with two revolvers and deadly accuracy. A demon known as Daraxus, slayed her entire clan in hopes of destroying not only her, but the entire celestial bloodline. Akaia’s family had to sacrifice themselves, in order to save her. 10 years later, Akaia is back and she's out for blood.
• Brizgar carries a giant shield, heavier than most men weigh. His even more giant biceps have rounded together a group of adventurers who call themselves - Lionheart. He has more problems finding pants that fit him, than he does squishing enemies with his pecs.
• When Vayne isn't looking at herself in the mirror, she's usually killing whomever her employers are telling her to. Many aren't aware that she's a bloodweaver - a rare breed of vampire capable of turning into a giant f%*$!@^ spider!
• Bjorn is a Viking from an unknown world somewhere in the Veraylsis system. He enjoys creating blood fountains, corpse canoes, and the occasional plundering.
These are just some of the characters that inhabit Otherworlds. No matter where they came from, the end result is a whole lot of fun.
✦ Mix & match enemy variants to create variety in combat.
✦ 12 Unique worlds to discover - Each with immersive details to flesh them out!
✦ Lethal & fast combat - keeping players at the edge of their seats!
✦ Reactive combat - allowing players to engage in the fight, even when it's not their turn! (This means no more players on their phone!)
✦ Easy to learn and customizable system - perfect for new Game Masters eager to run a system that works for them.
✦ A Friends & Enemies section so you'll never have to be alone again!
✦ Choose your Equipment, to outfit your character in their Sunday best!
✦ High quality, lots of art, and a 200 page minimum.
✦ And more!
"For the first time ever, I'm fully satisfied with my character." -Tim Spearman
Otherworlds is a highly developed and immersive RPG, where the character creation options are vast, yet simple.
To create your character, you'll follow these 6 basic steps.
✦ Roll 6 Dice and apply them to the 6 attributes in the game: Strength, Dexterity, Toughness, Intelligence, Wisdom, Resolve.
✦ Choose a Race from 9 Playable races, ranging from elves to vampires!
✦ Create a Class that has 3276 combinations and 840 abilities to choose from!
✦ Choose your Background from several eclectic themes, tailored best to your character.
✦ Choose multiple personality Traits that define your character's personality, motives, and goal, to help the story be integral to the game.
“I love the races, the classes, and the overall customization of the characters to make them unique! I’m glad I pulled the trigger and bought the pdfs and look forward to any updates you’ll make!” -Marcus Gray”
Remember when you were a kid and you imagined all sorts of crazy things? Yeah, me too! Otherworlds is my embodiment of that, mixed with my modern inspirations.
It’s taken a lot of hard work to get Otherworlds to where it is now. I’ve hosted over 500 events, with hundreds of different people, and over the years, I’ve learned a lot. Not only about Otherworlds, but about game design in general.
We need your help making Otherworlds bigger and badder than it already is! With your support on this Kickstarter, we're able to add more content - including artwork and writing, there's no better time! Plus, you'll get Otherworlds X - A PDF exclusive to Kickstarter campaigns, featuring amazing characters, such as Rosaline and Vayne!
Aaron Newton, Trey Falco, Caleb Fordham, Nathan Coffee, Jeffrey Honea, Morgan Jackson, Ryan Bluestone, Rachel Paguaga, Matthew Lorenz, Audrey Ross, Tristan Lavelle, Tiffany Allen, Kristin Baker, Shane Baker, Zack Allen, Joey Avenall, Joshua Avenall, Tyler Burdette, Danielle Duemmel, John “Ajax” Fredrickson, Lance Hagan, Jacob Henderson, Sean Kirven, Tanner Lackey, Jon David Manning, Patrick McGill, Andrew Rushton, Alex Smith, Bo Smith, Timothie Spearman, Steven Sykes, Jordan Trotter, and everyone the hundreds that's played with us at conventions over the years!
We've put over 10 years into Otherworlds and we're not stopping anytime soon.
- Kickstarter only: Otherworlds will feature unique content only given to Kickstarter backers (at $25 or more). Don't miss out!
- Creating Worlds: We'll use Kickstarter to expand our already large Core Rulebook, with more dynamic artwork and wondrous places!
- Contribution: Contribute to an ever-growing and expanding roleplaying game.
- Tell Your Tale: In our Discord, we have a channel for submitting your in-game experiences, which will have a chance of becoming canon!
We're happy to have friendly shipping to many places in the world for this project. We're going to make this as simple as possible. The Otherworlds Core Rule Book is the only item that will require shipping, meaning as soon as it's done, you won't have to wait on shirts and a bunch of other random things to be done, before you get to gaming with a hardcopy in hand! Shipping is $10 to anywhere in the world. If you want multiple copies, you'll have to pay extra fees to be determined after the Kickstarter, based on area, weight, and what the fulfillment companies can do.
We're happy to have friendly shipping to many places in the world for this project. We're going to make this as simple as possible. The Otherworlds Core Rulebook is the only item that will require shipping, meaning, as soon as it's done, you won't have to wait on shirts and a bunch of other random things to be completed, before you get right to the gaming with a hard copy in hand! Shipping is $10 to anywhere in the world. If you want multiple copies, there will be extra fees, which will be determined after the Kickstarter ends, based on area, total weight, and subjects of the requirements of the fulfillment companies.
Otherworlds Core Rulebook | Early Access +$10
You'll gain early access to the Otherworlds Core Rulebook before its official release. This is great if you want to immediately jump into the game and contribute to it.
***You must pledge at the $25 tier or higher to gain early access.***
Into The Black Tides | Early Access +$13
You'll gain early access to the "Into the Black Tides" content. This is perfect for those that love gothic horror, pirates, or both!
Includes the following (subject to have specifics changed):
• Adventure for levels 1-5.
• 4 New Races: Destoka, Gargoyle, Homunculus, Werefolk
• 2 New Subraces: Anointed Human, Bloodweaver Vampire
• 7 New Classes: Blood Knight, Death Knight, Duelist, Exorcist, Detective, Pirate, and Soul Eater
• 11 New Skill Branches: Cunning, Deduction, Dread, Duel, Freedom, Harvest, Negotiation, Plunder, Purge, Sanguine, and Storm
• 6 New Background Variants: Criminal, Pirate, Charlatan, Inquisitor, Mad Scientist, and Noble
• Important Non-Player Characters: Captain Vayne, Havos Morgur "Ragebeard", Jormund Kirsley, King Vexus, Ravnos the Former King, and more!
• Monsters section: Skeletons, ghosts, pirates, weresharks, krakens, and more!
• 27 New Horrific Enemy Variants
• 6 New Enemy Affliction Variants Mechanic
• Notable Events and Locations
• Phobia and Superstitions Table
***All of the above information is subject to change as progress is being made in finalizing the product. We hope you understand and enjoy "Into the Black Tides".
A Dam Shame | Adventure +$10
Anthos is a planet in a precarious position. They’ve only recently put the nonsense of open war behind them, and now they seek to improve quality of life for all. Like any culture though, they have their bad apples. This story is about how one such group of “bad apples” can ruin an entire planet’s chance at domestic peace, and interstellar expansion.
• 38 Page Adventure: Beautifully written in detail by Clark Harper, writer of Guts, Gods & Glory.
• 8 Downloadable jazz music tracks: Written and composed by Sweeps to sync to your adventure. Those who love Cowboy Bebop will enjoy this!
• 3 New premade characters: Bjorn Tyrson (a menacing Viking berserker), Blake Danger (a musician that can cast lightning), and Styx "Bronco" (a pilot with a hoverboard, that also works as a shield).
Book Signing | +$10
I'll sign your physical copy of the Otherworlds Core Rulebook. Signing will be on the front, inside cover of the book, unless specified otherwise.
You are contracted by Talisan - a researcher on the world of Arcywyn. This world of science and steam-punkiness is home to many strange oddities, that includes an abandoned sanctuary from a time long passed. It is your job to sneak your way into this tomb and uncover any relics you can find within, but beware of the monsters that lie in wait!
Contains: One adventure for characters of ANY level. The adventure will be a minimum of 15 pages. A minimum of 13 well designed enemies will be included, like the "Helleton" and the "Skeleton and friend".
$13,000 The Oasai Ruins Adventure (Updated Version)
You have been contracted by RYZE Corp. to travel to Foragna. This world of wonder, murderous bandits, and monsters, is home to a relic emitting a strange power source. RYZE Corp. wants this power for themselves, and thought some Otherworlders such as yourself might be able to get the job done.
Contains: One adventure for characters of ANY level. The adventure will be a minimum of 15 pages. Multiple great scenarios will be included, such as rescuing tourists from the three infamous bandits known as "Asher, Misto, and Brocky."
***The Oasai Ruins is available in Otherworlds Zero. However, this version would see template and content updates, as well as new illustrations.
Risks and challenges
I've had 3 successful Kickstarters and believe this one will be no different. Any problems we may have, we'll communicate and resolve as quick as possible.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)