Why Support Dallas Videofest 25th Anniversary?
For 25 years, we’ve been celebrating the invention of video, film and new media. Why? Because with video, ideas and images become more accessible than ever before. It's powerful, provocative, and flexible. Media makers can play—witness Ernie Kovac’s pioneering TV series. We can convey significant ideas: Barbara Kopple’s seminal Harlan County USA. We can showcase talent: witness the advent of music videos. As video becomes increasingly portable and affordable, people from all backgrounds can create and manipulate visual stories like never before. And with HD, video and film have merged, for all intents and purposes.
Dallas VideoFest celebrates this culture of creation every year by presenting new work from emerging and established artists. We seek out independent, non-commercial media. We ferret out hard-to-find films. You won’t see most of the work we show on TV or in movie theaters. If it’s culturally or socially relevant, we’re interested. If it’s beautifully made, we’re excited. If it’s fall-on-your-ass funny, oh yes!
Bottom line: we love the medium and the makers. And we love sharing both with you.
We’re planning a super special festival this year to celebrate Dallas VideoFest’s 25th anniversary (holy smokes, we can’t quite believe it either!).
What’s in the Works for the 25th
• A return to our roots at the Dallas Museum of Art. The DMA hosted VideoFest for our first 10 years. It’s only fitting to return there for this momentous occasion. Plus, it is gorgeous and accessible by public transportation.
• Going interactive with our festival program: we’re embracing new technology to make an e-book/iBook. You'll be able to customize your festival experience in a brand-new way.
• A sneak preview of a major narrative film by a Dallas maker (we can’t tell you who or what, or we’d have to kill you!)
• A digital mural downtown! We’re turning the outside of the Omni Hotel into a video art gallery to share with all of Dallas.
• Awesome after-parties at cool venues
• Dozens of screenings of new works by emerging and established media makers
And, as always, at Videofest 25, you can expect a communal environment for real-time, face-to-face dialogue between makers and audiences.
Will you help us raise $5,000 to make this festival the best ever?
Your contribution will help support all the endeavors above. You’ll also help celebrate the artist. Funds from this campaign will go to bringing in filmmakers, like Alex Karpovsky, from across the world to share and discuss their work. As you know, there’s no substitute for being able to talk directly with the filmmaker. In the past, we’ve hosted notable guests like Monty Python’s Terry Gilliam and TV icon and actor Paul Reubens. Our goal this year is bring as many makers as we can to enrich everyone’s experience.
You can support Dallas VideoFest at many levels, from $5 to $1,000. And we’ve got a bunch of gifts you can choose from. Choose the level that works for you.
And then please tell 10 friends!
Thanks so much for your support! See you in September!
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (30 days)