About this project
"For things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them"-Aristotle
Philosophy is the love of wisdom. "Phos" is the Greek word for light, which is where the modern word "photo" comes from. So, one could say: The Photo Philosophy Book is for the lover of the wisdom of light; The Photographer.The Artist. And for those who love wisdom.
Freelance photographer, student of philosophy, sacred geometry and the Trivium method. D. Austin is a lover of the wisdom of light.
The Photo Philosophy Book is a collection of knowledge and images that investigate the philosophical question of creative free will. Written and photographed by D. Austin; the book explores the factors affecting creative free will and discusses ways creative free will may be obtained. Simply put, the book is a photography guide for creating great images.
Fine Art / Fashion / Conceptual Portraits / Land & Cityscapes / Pictorials
With your support for this Kickstarter: We will be able to print the first 100 large format hard cover art books, hire a book editor, and frame the 8x10’s images that are a part of the reward pledges.The book will be approximately 275 pages with over 110 illustrations and photos.
Even if you're not a photographer, you should find the information and images in this book to be very useful and exciting!
~Below is an outline of the book.
Table Of Contents
Part I: A BRIEF HISTORY OF PHOTOGRAPHY, CULTURE AND THE COLLECTIVE-Why you may or may not have creative free will.
1. A Brief History Of Photography
2. Artificial Consumer Culture
3. The Collective: Micro & Macro Consciousness
4. Gallery Of Images IPart II: IMAGINATION-Everything in the universe flows from mind.
1. How Your Brain Works: The 3 Parts Of Your Brain
2. Concepts + Symbolism + Interpretation
3. Fallacious Thinking: Getting Rid Of Cognitive Dissonance
4. Unlocking Your Imagination
5. Obtaining Creative Free-Will
6. Gallery Of Images II
Part III: PRACTICE & ACTION-Your images are a reflection of your knowledge and understanding.
1. Practicing Your Own Photophilosophy
2. Sharing Your Knowledge: Teach To Learn, Learn By Teaching
3. 10 Photoshoots That Challenged My Imagination
- Underwater Pin-Hole Camera
- Camera Obscura Hotel Room
- Night Time Fashion Shoot
- Delayed Shutter City Scapes
- Fashion Editorial "Black Dress, Blue Water"
- Political Fine Art Session "Purge"
- "Shanequa" Vs. "Kate Moss" Posing Sessions * And 3 More To Be Revealed In The Book !
4. Gallery Of Images III
INDEX OF TERMS
DEDICATIONS & THANKS
Risks and challenges
The best way to display the information, ideas, and images; is with a large format hardcover artbook and the printing of 100 is fairly expensive.
1. The main challenge will be getting the printed books back from from printers in a reasonable time frame. Once the project is funded we will take 3 days to finalize the editing of the book.
After funding, we estimate 4-5 weeks for the printed hard cover books to get back from the printers and to our studio. And 3- 5 days to package all 100 books and begin shipping them out to our backers.
The matting and framing of the 8"x10" prints will be completed once the files of the books are sent to the printer. The matted and framed prints may arrive 7-10 days earlier than the finished book.
The printer is aware of the importance of this Kickstarter project and has taken steps to assure prompt and quality service.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (34 days)