Verbosity Online is a Platform that is analogous to cable TV. The platform will be driven by countless channels (called subjects) provided by us and also by third parties. The game play is designed to be casual and simple, yet timeless. Everybody or anybody will be able to sit down at a PC or Mac and play or they can pick up their mobile device and play anytime anywhere while on the go! Verbosity Online boasts that an 8 year-old can compete in the same gaming environment as a 28 year-old while everyone learns and has fun.
It is important to note that the educational aspect of Verbosity Online is secondary so that the intent and true nature of Verbosity Online is clearly understood. This platform provides unification where none seems possible. Our efforts are to ensure that people of all ages, races, or cultures will be able to connect, play, compete and learn together.
Our focus is unification. In every scenario, situation and environment. Whether it’s in the home, amongst friends, in a classroom, in our cities and states throughout the country or every country on the planet! Unification through technologies like games connects people together. Our push for international unification is the Holy Grail of Connectivity that we seek. Our primary goal is to make rich, detailed and relevant content available to anyone seeking to learn anything while combining this endeavor with a healthy, competitive gaming environment accessible among friends and neighbors, international and domestic.
I showed my Kickstarter Video to some friends and neighbors.
Here are some common questions they asked.
What do you want from me?
- Donate and Share of course. Donate if you believe my project is worthy.
- But please Share this message regardless. We sure would appreciated it. Sharing is Caring.
How does the contribution work?
- Just click on the DONATE button, and follow the instructions.
- You're donation is actually a pledge.
- The actual contribution is made, at the very end of the campaign, and only if we reach our funding goal.
- So, there is actually NO donation made if our project goal isn't met.
From where can I download the playable demo?
- You can download the playable demo for your PC, Mac and Android at www.VerbosityOnline.com
I can't figure out how to play?
- This will be fixed upon completion of main funding goal.
- The rules on how to play are under the "HOW TO PLAY" area of the in-game options menu, but describing all the minutiae involves an in-game tutorial.
Have you thought of putting Verbosity Online in schools?
- There will be a commercial version just for the schools.
- But for now, we need to finish the family version all the way.
- Short answer: Yes, Later.
Are you doing more tournaments?
- The Tournament software was built as a one-off for our focus group testing.
- We plan on rebuilding it after building the commercial version.
- The short answer is yes. Later.
Will the game support Windows Phones?
- Windows Phone support is included in our main kickstarter funding goal
- Again short answer is yes.
Why not investors, why Kickstarter?
- Kickstarter is a platform that helps me complete my project. Investors are primarily interested in my business model. Of course I do have what I believe is a solid business model to properly monetize Verbosity Online to its maximum potential. But, you can't beat having a fully completed game ready for the world to play.
- The short answer is: Because Kickstarter is Awesome!!! LOL
Spin the Spinner
Move your Token
Find the Coins
and WIN the GAME!
Verbosity Online the game, is a combination Easter Egg Hunt and Mother May I games children play but with coins. The player must locate and collect the 5 hidden coins and return them to the redemption area.
Now the twist...
For each coin collected, that player is assigned a fact to remember. In order for a player to gain ACCESS to the SPINNER and take his or her turn, the player must answer a permission query associated with the coin fact. Correctly answering the permission query earns the player an Energy ring. The more Energy rings a player has, the greater the choice of spaces to which a player can move in a single turn. Sometimes the player must recall a second fact from a previous game called a review query If the player answers the query correctly, the number of Energy rings the player will receive doubles. Next the player Spins the Spinner, Moves the selected game Token (up to the maximum spaces the Energy ring(s) allow), Finds all the coins, and goes to the Redemption cell to win the game!
Verbosity Online is a collection of many applications and utilities.
Font Maker • Font Viewer • Image Converter • Music Player • Level Editor • Sprite Editors • Data Collectors • Sprite Compiler • Installers • Web Updaters
Scaling Server Application Suite • Data Center Applications
Verbosity Application for Windows, Macintosh, Android & IOS
Customer • Staff • Backend status • Payment Billing
- Microsoft Windows XP or better (Vista,7 and 8)
- Macintosh OSX Lion or Better
- Android Version 2.3 or better, iPhone 3gs, 4, 4s, 5, iPad
- Windows Phone - Coming soon
- Web Browser Version - Coming soon
Percent Complete Per Major Component
- SQL Database design and implementation - 80% Complete
- Scalable Game Server - 100% Complete
- Game Client - 80% Complete
- Web Services - 80% Complete
- Staff Services - 30% Complete
- Game Services - 90% Complete
- Public Website - 70% Complete
Verbosity Online is beyond the prototype level, but not quite a full featured, ready for release product. The game is missing certain fundamental elements that make games acceptable by most casual and social game players. The current user interface must be updated to remain competitive with the interfaces contained in the latest technologies along with user expectations commonly known as LOOK and FEEL.
Some features to add or improve upon include but are not excluded to:
- User interface - The user interface has to captivate the player
- More visual contrast - New players cannot easily see certain things
- Faster game comprehension - More intuitive for new players so no one asks how to play
- In-game real-time tutorials - tips that highlight special features of the game
- More visual highlights - More pizzazz, shine, sparkle, “bling”, etc...
- Avatar-based game tokens – making the users’ game tokens avatars further personalizes the game
- Better social network integration - Twitter, Facebook, Etc...
- Browser plugin – allows players to play the game directly within their favorite web browser
- International Localization – allows players worldwide to play
- Content - Can't have enough content
- Multimedia content learning engine – improves the learning experience by allowing players to be taught using visual facts in conjunction with textual facts
These are some of the key missing features that are not only required, but are table stakes in the world of game design expected by anyone who's played any casual/social game in the last 2 years.
And with your help and the help of Kickstarter community at large, we can make meaning as well as make a great game.
- A - Verbosity Coins - need to be more majestic. They're not obvious enough for the player to know that they are object of the players's desire!
- B - Verbosity Stars - need to have more sparkle and pizzazz!
- C - Player Tokens – need to be converted to an avatar-based token system. The current player tokens don't form a strong enough bond so that the players can personally identify with them.
- D - Player Status Buttons - are too subtle.
- E - VERBOSITY Letter Cage - needs to be more visually appealing.
- F - Access Button - needs to be more obvious to signify that clicking this button keeps the game moving and is important to game pacing.
- G - Game cell honeycomb design - needs modernized look.
- H - Rings and Ring Cage (along with entire lower interface) - needs to be more organic. An ergonomic design would provide more character.
- I – Fact and Definitions – need to be improved to include multimedia elements.
Prove Verbosity Online works - DONE
Build a campaign to help complete project - IN PROGRESS
Achieve coolness - (Pending step #2)
- Achieving our $50,000 goal allows us to complete Verbosity Online and unleash it on the English Speaking population.
- For worldwide release see 1st stretch goal.
Achieving our $500,000 stretch goal (if we should be so lucky), will enable us to include:
Foreign Language Support - a.k.a. Localization
This transforms the Verbosity Online platform into an International social bridge for the world to Experience.
We will start with the top most influential languages:French, Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin, Russian, Portuguese, German, Japanese, Hindustani, Malay, Farsi, Swahili, Tamil, Italian, Dutch/Africaans, Bengali, Turkish, Vietnamese, Polish, Javanese, Punjabi, Thai, Cantonese, and Korean. We will then correlate this list with the list of online mobile and desktop game players by country and language.
Add more content
The more academic subjects that are available, the more in-depth and expansive knowledge players can attain, including learning the newly supported foreign languages.
Achieving our $750,000 stretch goal will enable us to develop multimedia elements that will be included in our Learning Environment. In other words, along with learning words and what they mean, there can be an associated image, movie clip and/or sound for each fact learned.
Our subject lineup will expand to include more visually based facts like geography, physics, biology etc. Verbosity Online will be able to teach anyone anything while everyone is having fun!!!
Achieving our $1,000,000 stretch goal will enable us to develop more content.
Verbosity Online shares the unique burden that it will be defined by how much content it supports, just like other platforms (cable TV, operating systems, mobile phones and video game consoles). It can't be overstated how every extra penny will be devoted to the expansion of more content.
ALUMINUM SPONSOR - Pledge $9 or more
1. Your name will appear in a special Honorable Mention section on our website.
2. You will also receive a 10 year subscription to Verbosity Online. All content is unlocked for 10 years for these sponsors.
LOYALTY SPONSOR - Pledge $29 or more
Receive a custom digital loyalty badge in our trophy case.
Includes the ALUMINUM Sponsor Award plus you receive the Custom Loyalty Award badge offered exclusively to Kickstarter contributors. Viewable via Facebook, Internet and in-game leader boards.
AFFICHE SPONSOR - Pledge $39 or more (Limit 50)
Receive a custom digital poster.
Includes the ALUMINUM and LOYALTY SPONSOR Awards plus you receive the Downloadable Verbosity Digital Poster signed by Team Members and Personalized with your name on it.
CONGENIAL SPONSOR - Pledge $49 or more
Your name in the Credits!!!
Includes the ALUMINUM and LOYALTY SPONSOR Awards plus your name will appear in a special section within the in-game credits thanking you for your generous support for Verbosity Online.
NUMISMATIST SPONSOR - Pledge $69 or more
Receive an actual, real life, full color, 3 inch Verbosity Coin!!!
Includes the ALUMINUM, LOYALTY, and CONGENIAL SPONSOR Awards plus you will receive a 3 inch, Authentic, Verbosity Online minted coin commemorating the game's theme: "Spin the Spinner, Move your Token, Finds the Coins & Win the Game!"
BENEVOLENT SPONSOR - Pledge $99 or more
Receive a Verbosity Online Polo Shirt.
Includes the ALUMINUM, LOYALTY, CONGENIAL and NUMISMATIST SPONSOR Awards plus you receive the Verbosity Online Polo shirt (similar to the shirts we are wearing in our video except they will be white with red highlights with the Verbosity Online Logo).
ENCOMIUM SPONSOR - Pledge $499 or more
The Expression of High Praise Award.
Your name in the Opening Game Credits.
Includes the ALUMINUM, LOYALTY, CONGENIAL, NUMISMATIST and BENEVOLENT SPONSOR Awards plus you will get an Executive Producer credit acknowledgement in the opening loading screen for the game. Each time the game is started, the loading screen will show the revolving credits of the Executive Producers. Your name will appear in this list.
EPONYMOUS SPONSOR - Pledge $4,999 or more (Limit 17)
The Name Giver Award.
A Game Level is named after you.
Includes the ALUMINUM, LOYALTY, CONGENIAL, NUMISMATIST, BENEVOLENT and ENCOMIUM SPONSOR Awards plus members pledging this amount will have the distinguished honor of having a game level personally named after them or named after a selected family member.
And again, Thank You for helping our team and helping our team make Verbosity Online reach its full potential.
Feel free to ask questions, leave comments, and engage with us here or through one of our associated social media networks. We want to hear from you!
Risks and challenges
Developing a video game is an extremely challenging task. That being said, volunteers, including children and adults, play and test Verbosity Online every day. We have since grown to believe that we can produce a quality product, resolve issues, debug and get updates out in a timely manner.
Our main risk is deadline slippage. Because the architecture is stable across many platforms, the added engineering involved will be more time consuming than difficult.
The overall development is led by Rudy Mathieu, software engineering veteran with over 25 years of design, development and production experience.
Last but not least, we always welcome feedback from all supporters to help us make this great game awesome!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)