About this project
Hypercorps 2099 is a set of rules you lay onto your existing game—be it the Pathfinder RPG, 5th Edition, or Mutants & Masterminds—to transform it into an adrenaline-filled cinematic experience in a cyberpunk world filled with superheroes as well as dragons, dwarves, wizards, and druids!
The book covers the alternate history of earth from 1876 (the emergence of the first altered sapiens and fantasy races) to 2099, using the Hyper Score rules to make PCs and their enemies more dangerous and exotic. Hypercorps 2099 also includes a cast of NPCs and organizations (both hypercorporations and otherwise) that expand as more stretch goals are unlocked.
Depending on which version of Hypercorps 2099 you choose and how many stretch goals are unlocked, the book will range from 200-250 pages of amazing future fantasy sci-fi superheroic action!
- Seven central locales—the super-filled Neo York, wastelands of Cleveland, sanctuary of Kathmandu, hypercorporate haven of Lucrum, primal power and gunrunning in Latin America, the hyper real Hypernet, and finally the last stop for the world's worst employees: Wallachia, Transylvania (recently known as Romania). The next stretch goal to be revealed is for a very disturbing locale by acclaimed Pathfinder writer Thurston Hillman, and there's a pack of brilliant game designers immediately after him!
- A cast of 30 hyper NPCs and a coterie of monstrous adversaries that expand in number the more funding we receive!
- The Hyper Score system, what makes supers in Pathfinder or 5th Edition tick!
- New equipment like the deadly monomolecular whip, hoverboard, and guns! Lots of guns!
- New general rules like the custom planar traits of the Hypernet, the Use Technology skill and its associated feats, the new Luck and Reputation attributes, and more!
- Sections of the book that cover other eras of play (before the "demigrant" portals close in 1899, during World War 2, and for modern games) as well as how to transform the themes of a given fantasy adventure to bring it into the future of Hypercorps 2099!
But don't just take my word for it.
You can see how awesome Hypercorps 2099 is RIGHT NOW!
Note: The $25 pledge level (for the Hypercorps 2099 PDF) includes one of the PDF adventures (as it reads on title for $25 in the pledge bar on the right side of the page). Sorry about that, folks!
ALTERNATE VERSIONS OF Hypercorps 2099 (5th Edition, M&M, etc.) CAN BE SUBSTITUTED FOR THE PATHFINDER VERSION IN YOUR PLEDGE LEVEL AS STRETCH GOALS FOR THESE SYSTEMS ARE UNLOCKED.
ALL BACKERS AT $20 OR ABOVE will receive the Jarrikol Protocol phone app in addition to their listed rewards as soon as we reach its stretch goal.
...and much, much more to be revealed as the project gains more backers and reaches higher funding levels!
*When stretch or threshold goal is unlocked.
Note that any add-ons for physical copies of Hypercorps 2099 (+$34, +$44, +$59) include the corresponding PDF.
Music by Silencide (Digital Mystic), Chris Zabriskie (Divider), and Kai Engel (Wake Up). Sound Effects by Cyberios, Dion Stapper, Ezwa, Grotelue, Headphaze, IWI, Lezaarth, LimitSnap Creations, Little Robot Sound Factory, Matt Lohcamp, Plamdi, Slightly Dry Beans, Snake Barney, SoundBible.com. All Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution
Costuming: Savannah Broadway, Props: Toni Hoffman, Cameraman: Tim Hitchcock.
Risks and challenges
Many Kickstarters experience unanticipated setbacks, from increases in shipping costs to backers dropping out or being delinquent of payment after the Kickstarter has closed, and myriad other issues. We will handle every unexpected issue as they come while at the same time making sure you remain aware of the situation and up to date on the development of Hypercorps 2099. After manning the helm for the Veranthea Codex Kickstarter (which has fulfilled digital rewards and is in the process of finalizing physical rewards) Mike has learned the value of sticking to the plan (not going beyond its parameters) and making sure that the latter end of production has a much larger window of time than the beginning of the project, allowing for corrections to be made and unforeseen obstacles to be surmounted without resorting to a frantic pace. With that in mind the target fulfillment date for Hypercorps 2099 is far in advance of the actual expected date of production and print. You are the reason this amazing project can succeed and the entire project team is keen to make every possible effort to keep you happy and informed from the day you pledge until you receive your book in the mail!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (35 days)