This project's funding goal was not reached on December 22, 2012.
About this project
- I strongly believe that fashion can be a powerful medium for people to take a step in being a part of our Earth's environmental health. As part of Generation Y for new opportunities and independence, I am creating my own DIY project with Veltimera, to connect with others through fashion and art.
Through this brand, people will be able to step forward in an Eco-friendly direction. Veltimera is one of the many environmentally-conscious that will make a difference.
Check out Veltimera.com !
For this first line, there are 10 looks in three sizes each. I want to start small so that I can connect with customers at a more individualized level, and provide them exclusive fashion. Designs are eclectic with asymmetrical cuts, contrasting colors and textures, modern edginess, and statement pieces. The inspiration for this line came from abstract artwork, modern architecture, and the inside of Baroque cathedrals.
Materials consist of wild peace silks, 100% organic cottons, recycled polyester and other fabrics, and bamboo.
- Buy materials sourced throughout various top-quality green websites around the world
- Start making the designs with my friends (samples are already in the works)
- Pay for the gifts/rewards and get them made ASAP to send them out to all the wonderful supporters on time
- Fund the shoots and show in March (including DJ, food, studio, models, and more gifts!)
Every reward provided has been extremely well thought out so that everyone that pledges will love what they receive. There is no amount too small, because every single pledge means so much for this Kickstarter, and each person can receive a gift for their budget.
Also, for every $1,000 raised, I will upload photos of each reward in detail, starting with the Thank-you Card. The video skims through them, but with the photos you will know what they actually look like. I know everyone will love their gifts, and I can't wait to send them!! So pledge, pledge, pledge! ^_^
Aamira Saunderlin and Azja Marie- creative and highly-skilled fashion students joining me to sew the garments
Michael Obando- photographer providing me with all the legit photos he works endless hours on with strong dedication
Cindy Tran, Emmy Jewell, and Raquel Victoria Fresquez- makeup artists and hairstylists I've had the privilege of becoming friends with, and are passionate about what they do
Amanda Breanne, DeMarie Lyon, Genessis Infante, Lanika Thomas, Latechia Drake, Marissa Alexis, Megan Chaney, Nayeli Morales, Nikol Peeva, and Nori Iserhien
We will not be able to make this project and brand a reality without your help!
- Support my Kickstarter Campaign! Fund a pledge!
- Spread the word through Twitter, Facebook, Blogs, even e-mails to friends and family or by word-of-mouth!
- TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW!
- Check out our Facebook pages:
Makeup Artists/Hair Stylists- https://www.facebook.com/ciiindytraaan
Song info: "Plasma" by Redmann- http://soundcloud.com/toucanmusic/plasma-redmanns-chillout-mix
I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT STOP SAYING IT, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU TO EVERYONE THAT IS FUNDING THIS PROJECT!! :)
Risks and challenges
Since I'm not mass producing or making a high quantity of items, I won't be having to worry about production mistakes or even having to find a manufacturer. For now, I'm making the samples at home by myself; but once I receive the money from Kickstarter we'll be able to work in a studio in downtown LA.
The only obstacle I could think of for now is that all of figure out times to work on the garments, which is why everything is going to have to be very well organized and talked through to keep things clear. Communication is key to keep everything running smoothly.
December 22nd. Even though when you pledge, it asks for you to sign up with Amazon and verify your card, you haven't put in any money. The number you type in is how much you want to give when the fundraiser is over.
Unfortunately, yes. It might be a hassle, but if you're patient, you're really being an amazing person for pledging!
- (15 days)