FreshersMag: "A combination of ultra-thin watch hands and short metallic indexes create a simple watch face. A variety of colors is available for the watch hands, case and straps allowing us to build a unique and affordable watch."
The Time Bum: "... the Pantiam gives you a Ronda 763, sapphire crystal, and choice of nifty calf leather straps with quick release bars at a bargain price."
Wrist Watch Review: "Valachio Pantiam is a slim three-hander at a nice price."
WatchIsThis: "In short, the concept of Valachio is not unique, but they do have an edge. For the price point of the Pantiam they offer a lot of quality and that makes their watch actually come out ahead of the pack."
Watch Bandit: "Well-made, luxurious minimalist watches tend to cost a small fortune, and those that are affordable either aren’t crafted to last or just aren’t comfortable to wear for long periods of time. Valachio Watches is seeking to change that and finally offer an alternative modern timepiece that is fashionable, functional and still affordable for the average man."
If you’re someone who appreciates clean watch designs, high quality materials and a fair price-tag, then you have come to the right place. At Valachio, we believe in delivering products that are:
- Quality - Made with high-quality, cost-effective materials that allow us to deliver watches built to last you a decade at a very reasonable price.
- Simple - Achieving aesthetical success with a ‘less is more’ approach to product design. Using plain but lively colors in the selection of our watch hands and calfskin straps.
- Affordable - Won't make a huge dent in your wallet!
We achieved simplicity by using unique design elements like ultra-thin watch hands and short metallic indexes to keep the watch face as clean as possible, while still allowing for precise timekeeping with individually marked minute ticks.
We blended a variety of colors for the watch hands, case, and straps; formulating a great selection of color combinations to accommodate your individualism.
The movement that powers the watch is undoubtedly the most important component of the watch. With that in mind, we chose a Swiss quartz movement; Harley Ronda 763. This reliable movement holds a battery with approximately 40 months (3 1/3 years) of battery life. Replacing the battery takes no more than a few minutes with the proper tools and you can do it at home.
The watch has a diameter of 40mm and a lug width of 20mm. This versatile design fits well on the wrists of both guys and gals.
Sapphire crystal glass is used as the face of the watch. Sapphire is the 2nd hardest substance found on Earth, surpassed only by diamond. This premium material makes the glass exceptionally resistant against scratches.
We used 316L surgical-grade stainless steel throughout the construction of the entire watch (body, caseback and screws) for maximum durability and resilience against the elements. Ion-plating, a form of PVD plating is used as the plating process of Midnight and Sunrise.
A large and flat caseback along with curved sides make for a comfortable wearing experience. Battery changes and repairs are made accessible with a caseback that is held together with four screws, allowing for easy access to the quartz movement with a flathead screwdriver.
Valachio Pantiam comes with a water resistant rating of 5 ATM, meaning it should have no problems engaging daily tasks like washing dishes or surviving an unfortunate trip through the washing machine.
With your Valachio, you have the option between a calfskin strap or a stainless steel mesh strap. The straps are 87.5mm in length for the shorter section and 115mm in length for the longer section. They have a width of 20mm at the widest point.
Our leather straps are natural, vegetable-tanned full grain calfskin sourced from Italy. They feel nice and soft to the touch and wraps comfortably around your wrist. As they are made of 100% calfskin, they're extremely durable and also resistant against water. They also smell pretty good... if you like the smell of leather.
Our stainless steel mesh straps are made of 316L stainless steel, the same material used in the construction of the watch itself.
We upgraded all of our straps to include quick release pins. These pins allow you to interchange between straps in just seconds. No more strap changing tools, just your fingernails and our quick release pins.
To receive additional straps with your watch, add the pledge amount specified in the pledge tier. You get access to 2 additional calfskin color options when you pledge for a separate strap; white and red.
If you pledge for an extra calfskin strap, you will be able to choose from any of the 3 buckle options. Our buckles are also made from 316L stainless steel.
All Valachio Pantiams come with drilled lugs. If the quick release pin malfunctions or if you want to use a third party strap without a quick release pin, you can remove the strap with a simple pushpin. Our calfskin strap's buckle also come with a drilled hole, allowing you to swap the buckle for a different color, or replace it with a butterfly deployment clasp if you prefer.
Your Italian calfskin strap can accommodate wrist sizes from 14.5 - 21.25 centimeters.
With a flathead screwdriver, your stainless steel mesh strap can be adjusted to fit virtually any wrist size.
On the back of every Valachio, the month and year of the watch's production are imprinted, along with the production run number. Each watch will be serialized, along with the total number of watches manufactured in the production run. This means your Valachio will be (just a little) unique! Oh, and a bonus Lord of the Rings reference!
We're offering a total of 8 models for this Kickstarter campaign. Our large variety means each Valachio Pantiam is better suited for a certain setting. For example, we recommend the 'Sterling | Black Calf' for more dressy occasions and the 'Sunrise | Blue Calf' to go with casual attire.
You will choose your model(s) in a survey shortly after the campaign. The strap is included with each watch you pledge for!
We believe that a good presentation is important, but we did not want superfluous fancy packaging to add to the cost of your Valachio. With that in mind, we designed something that was simple, inexpensive and guaranteed to protect your watch during shipping.
The inside of the box is made from soft, white velvet; an aesthetically pleasing, cost-effective, and protective material. Your Valachio will be inside, waiting patiently for her owner.
- Watch Diameter: 40mm
- Watch Width: 6.8mm
- Lug Width: 20mm
- Swiss Ronda Normtech, Caliber 763 | 40 Months of Battery Life
- Sapphire Crystal Glass
- 316L Stainless Steel Body | Caseback | Screws
- 14k Karat Gold Ion-plating (Sunrise) | Chrome Black Ion-plating (Midnight)
- 5 ATM Water Resistant
- Full-Grain Italian Calfskin Strap | 316L Stainless Steel Mesh Strap
- Quick Release Pins on All Straps
- Drilled Lugs and Buckle
- Assembled in Shenzhen, China
Your Valachio is covered by a 60 day refund policy. Within 60 days of receiving the watch, you can send the watch back to us and get a full refund. Visit the Refund Policy section of our website for additional information.
Your Valachio is also covered by a 1 year warranty against defects. Visit the Warranty section of our website for additional information.
We decided to use a fulfillment center based in Shenzhen, China to deliver the watches to you. Here is a list of reasons affecting this decision:
- Speed - After production and quality control, the watches will be transported directly to the fulfillment center and shipped. This means we skip the process of bulk shipping, going through customs, and finally shipping your Valachio to you. With this method, we significantly reduce the total delivery time.
- Safety - With less steps in shipping the watches to you, there is a reduced risk of your shipment getting lost/damaged.
- Cost - Since the watches will never be bulk shipped or go through customs, we avoid the import duties and bulk shipping cost. This cost reduction translates directly into the price we can offer the watches to you.
- Import Duties - There is a better chance of you not paying import duties.
After Kickstarter, we will use FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) to ship all of our products so if you purchase anything from us after the Kickstarter campaign, it will be a speedy delivery.
That's right, we're running a 23 day campaign instead of the usual 30. There are two main reasons why we chose to do this:
- From experience with our previous campaign, we have concluded a shorter campaign is beneficial because the 'dead zone' of a campaign where there is little to no activity is avoided.
- The sooner the campaign ends, the faster we can begin production. This means you will get your Valachio a week earlier than if we ran a 30 day campaign!
Thank you for reading up until this point of our Kickstarter campaign. We hope you love our watches as much as we do! If you have any questions for us, free feel to contact us through any of these outlets:
- Sending a message through Kickstarter
- Emailing us at email@example.com
- Reach us at any of our social media pages
For those of you that wanted a domed sapphire crystal, we will be making that possible! The main advantage of the domed sapphire crystal is that it is more impact-resistant than its flat counterpart. It is arguably more aesthetically pleasing and also produces a cool distortion effect when you view it at an angle.
The major disadvantage of a domed crystal is that it causes more reflections than its flat counterpart. A layer of anti-reflective coating will be applied on the inside of the domed crystal to negate this effect.
If you would like a domed sapphire crystal with your Valachio, add $23 CAD per watch in your pledge.
We are bringing back the 'Blue on Silver' model as our first stretch goal of $20,000 CAD. In honor of the Scottish flag, we will be renaming this model the Saltire.
With the Saltire, you will have the option between a blue calfskin strap and a silver mesh strap.
Risks and challenges
We have done everything we can in our power to ensure that every stage of our operations after the Kickstarter campaign goes as smoothly as possible.
• In order to minimize risks with manufacturing, we chose to work with a large manufacturer who produces watches for many well-known brands. Working with them ensures the watches stay consistent in production quality.
• We have interacted with our suppliers face to face, examined their factory, and made sure they're capable of manufacturing our requested quota.
• Our plan is to ship all Kickstarter orders using a fulfillment company based in China. We will be ready to take over shipping if the fulfillment company fails to deliver.
There are certain factors that are out of our control (e.g. delays during manufacturing or shipping), but we have made sure that we will never be the one to cause delays.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (23 days)