Following in the footsteps of classic movies like Bullitt, The Italian Job, and The Fast and the Furious, Getaway Driver puts you in the driver's seat in a reckless car chase out of town. Getaway Driver is a fast and frantic asymmetric game for 2 players.
Play as the Driver - a daredevil motorist with the skills to pull a variety of crazy stunts - racing to get out of town. Or play as the Police - armed with a battalion of equipment and vehicles, and the city itself - working to catch the Driver before she escapes.
- Completely asymmetric - each side plays completely different, with different abilities and victory conditions
- A unique experience each game - the city will look completely different every time you play
- Setup in 3 minutes - build the city as you play
- Use natural obstacles - the game respects the physical boundaries of your play space - the edge of the table is a cliff, the drinking glass is a lake - use these to your advantage
- Easy to learn - check out the rules or watch a brief how-to-play overview
- Fantastic new art - from acclaimed illustrator, Ryan Goldsberry, set in the Burgle Brothers' universe
- Pull crazy stunts - swing a handbrake turn, drive on 2 wheels, slam on the gas, or fly over an improvised ramp - all to get away from the police
- Unleash the (police) force - set up barricades, dispatch squad cars, police motorcycles, armored cars, or the unstoppable police helicopter - to ensure the driver doesn't get away
- Strategic Gameplay - Whether playing as the Driver or the Police, you'll need more than your tricks and equipment to win - you'll need to outwit and outmaneuver your opponent at every turn
- Getaway Driver is for 2 players aged 12 and up and takes 30-45 minutes to play
There's a lot of game, but it's all designed to fit in a portable 4" x 6" game box.
Getaway Driver is a tense and strategic game. Each turn, the Police secretly build out the city and move their vehicles, working to corner the Driver and steer them towards the areas of the city that expand the police force. The Driver burns through their stunt cards, picking up stashes along the way. If the last city tile is placed, the Driver escapes out of town. However, if the police increase the pursuit meter to its final space, the Driver is caught.
For a quick rundown of the rules, check out the video below.
For a deeper dive, take a look at the game rules.
Each card and tile will feature brand new art from Ryan Goldsberry, helping immerse you into a world of crazy car stunts and overpowered police vehicles.
Jeff Beck is the designer of Hardback and Word Domination, and also contributed to the 3rd Edition of Wok Star. Jeff received his first moving violation at the age of 16. He's pretty sure the car was not moving.
Ryan Goldsberry is the artist behind games like Paperback, Word Domination, Hardback, Burgle Bros, Fugitive, Now Boarding and others. On his first date with his wife, Ryan ran a red light and had a head-on collision. Amazingly, she still married him.
- Help guide the development of this game. We listen to our backers and strive to implement their clever ideas.
- Once funded, our stretch goals will add more content and better components to improve the game for everyone.
- Backers receive the game at a discount compared to after the campaign.
- This game is not going to distributors. It may not be in your local store.
- Without your help, we won't be able to print this game and share it with the world.
- We ship from our warehouses in Europe, Canada, and Australia so you avoid paying VAT and other import taxes.
You can expect to receive a link to the pledge manager survey a few weeks after the campaign ends, sent to the email address associated with your Kickstarter account. In the pledge manager, you will be able to update your shipping address, as well as purchase additional copies of Getaway Driver (and several of our other games). If, for any reason, you are unable to find your pledge manager survey link, you can retrieve it here: https://app.crowdox.com/retrieve/uproarious/getaway-driver
Risks and challenges
We will be working with our established partners for printing, shipping and fulfillment, who have helped fulfill thousands of past Kickstarter orders. If there are any manufacturing issues I will address them. If you experience any problems receiving your copy or need replacement parts, please contact me directly and we will handle it as quickly as possible.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (23 days)