E'rbody Gets A New SOCCKET
Dear Kickstarter Supporters,
Over the past two years, we have walked a long and arduous road together. We started with a promising idea, and as a Kickstarter supporter, you witnessed the highs and lows of what delivering on this idea actually entailed.
When we released the first version of the SOCCKET, most of you received an incredibly underwhelming product with a slew of manufacturing and quality control errors. Some of you, due to shipping mishaps out of our control, still have yet to receive your original SOCCKET. And just about all of you have been wondering what the hell has been going on with the SOCCKET project in general.
In summary, we totally f*#ked up this Kickstarter campaign.
We have apologized for this quite a few times before, and we will do it again:
We could not be more sincerely sorry for all that has occurred with this campaign. Your messages of anger and confusion have always been heard, and it broke our hearts to not have answers for you when you so desperately wanted them.
It is important to note, however, that throughout all of this, we have always had the best intentions. We envision a world where play and technology can be used to disarm global ills and inspire social invention. While we found that executing on this vision was more difficult than we ever imagined, please trust that there was never a moment in time when we aspired to be the “Grinch that Stole SOCCKETS”.
If anything, our spirit character is more akin to Steve Urkel from the television show Family Matters. A loveable nerd that couldn’t seem to avoid awkward mishaps, Steve enraged even the calmest of those that came across his path. But he always meant well, and eventually he transformed into Stefan Urquelle...but that’s another story.
What we are trying to say is: Let us be your Stefan Urquelle. Here’s what we’ve done to get started:
1. Over the last year, we’ve taken your feedback and worked tirelessly to develop the SOCCKET II. Structurally redesigned to be sturdier with improved playability, the SOCCKET II is a far cry from the original and is built to last in various global terrains.
2. We’ve partnered with manufacturing and consulting firms that boast clients like Nike and Lego. Our partners know how to make stuff. Period. And our products will only continue to get better as a result.
3. We have invested in streamlined logistics services to improve delivery accuracy, and have equipped our customer service team with the tools they need to track down packages faster.
4. We are replacing all previously distributed impact SOCCKETS with the new SOCCKET II. Combined with our Think Out of Bounds Curriculum, these SOCCKETS will bring light and inspiration to thousands of children around the world.
5. We’re giving all eligible Kickstarter Supporters a free SOCCKET II.
We repeat, whether you received your original SOCCKET or not, you get a free SOCCKET II. In addition, we’re giving all of our Kickstarter Supporters exclusive early access to our online store 48 hours before we open it to the public.
Please watch your inbox for an email with your personalized store login information. If you don’t receive this email by 12pm EST on December 8, 2014, please email us at SOCCKETKickstarterSurvivor@u-play.co and we’ll get it to you ASAP. Please bear in mind that the email will be sent to the address you used on Kickstarter, which may not be your primary email address.
We recognize that it will take more than an apology, an appeal to your TGIF television nostalgia, and a new SOCCKET to earn your forgiveness. But hopefully, it’s a step in the right direction.
Keep playing, The Uncharted Play Team