LAST MINUTE EDIT: We have a matching funds offer for the last $5,000 of the Unbridled Kickstarter campaign! If we receive $762 in pledges within the next 50 minutes our matching funds donor will pledge the remaining $5,000 and we will be able to reach our Kickstarter goal!
EDIT: We just released the official teaser! Check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99O-QZoyodI
Love a good movie filled with horses, hurdles, and heroes? So do we! Hello, we're Jerry and Christy McGlothlin, founders of Moving Visions Entertainment, a NC-based film production company and boy, have we got a story for you! Read on to learn our heart and vision behind the movie, then pick your favorite horse (reward level) from the names on the right, and let's get riding.
"Unbridled" is an emotionally gripping, unforgettable and uplifting story of redemption, healing, and overcoming some of life’s greatest obstacles. This captivating feature film tells the tale of an abused girl who teams up with an abused horse and their journey to healing. Inspired by a true story, the movie features actors you love such as Eric Roberts (The Dark Knight; The Expendables) and T.C. Stallings (War Room; Courageous).
"Unbridled" was created to draw attention to the practice of sexual slavery, which is growing in all parts of the world, paticularly in the suburbs of the USA. Please help us expose the atrocity of child sexual abuse and trafficking. With your support we will call attention to this industry and how to recognize this abuse. And what better way to do that than through a movie?!
What is "Unbridled" about?
1. "Unbridled" tells a gripping story of friendship, healing and redemption.
Sarah Miller (Tea McKay) is a 16-year-old high school student with a secret: she's a victim and prisoner of human sex trafficking by her mother's boyfriend (Eric Roberts). Feeling ashamed, worthless and alone, she doesn't know where to turn. When her world crashes down she feels like she can't trust a single soul. But everything changes when she meets Dreamer, an abused and dysfunctional horse. Since both Sarah and Dreamer have been abused, they relate to each other. Not being able to trust anyone else, this abused horse becomes Sarah's only confidante. Slowly but surely Sarah and Dreamer begin to heal, start to believe in themselves again, and learn to grow healthy relationships. It's a captivating story of a girl who escapes her circumstances and through many twists and turns finally finds freedom from her abusers.
2. "Unbridled" is inspired by true stories at a local riding academy.
"Unbridled" is inspired by the Corral Riding Academy in Cary, NC. Since 2008 the Corral Riding Academy has been privileged to help over 100 abused girls through one-year long therapy programs. They pair up abused girls with abused horses and through intensive one-on-one training the girls teach the horses to trust. In the process the girls also learn to trust again. These true stories of hope and healing were the inspiration for "Unbridled." A portion of the proceeds from "Unbridled" sales go directly to Corral.
3. "Unbridled" draws attention to the evil of sex trafficking.
We produced "Unbridled" to call attention to child sexual abuse and the prevalence of sex trafficking. Child sex abuse and sex trafficking are far more common than most people realize.
CHILD SEXUAL ABUSE STATISTICS (www.americanspcc.org):
• 1 in 4 girls and 1 in 6 boys will be sexually abused before they turn 18 years old.
• 325,000 children are at risk of becoming victims of commercial child sexual exploitation each year.
• 34% of people who sexually abuse a child are family members.
With your support we will be able to show how this industry is hurting these young children.
4. "Unbridled" showcases the healing power of horses.
The star of our movie, Dreamer, is an amazing real-life champion horse. Dreamer plays a central role throughout the story and performs several amazing feats. Dreamer's trainer, real-life celebrity Lindsey Partridge, also appears in the movie. She is a Natural Horsemanship Freestyle Champion and the founder of Harmony Horsemanship. Lindsey and her two most famous horses traveled all the way from Ontario to North Carolina in order to be part of this movie. The entire cast and crew had so much fun working with Dreamer and Lindsey that we can't wait for you to see their performance.
5. "Unbridled" features world-famous actors playing intriguing characters.
The intriguing story of "Unbridled" is brought to life by our stunning cast. "Unbridled" features epic performances by Eric Roberts (The Dark Knight; The Expendables) and TC Stallings (War Room; Courageous). Spoiler alert: You will be fascinated by Roger (Eric Roberts), a villain who is creepy but at the same time irresistibly charming. Dey Young (Pretty Woman), Jenn Gotzon (Frost/Nixon, Alone Yet Not Alone, Doonby), Rachel Hendrix (October Baby, The Perfect Wave, Roses) and the rising star Tea McKay (Hurricane Bianca, Pass the Light) put up amazing performances you won't forget.
Why do we need the money?
We just wrapped up 20 days of filming, so we have 100% of the footage. There are breathtaking horse shots, scenes that will move you emotionally, and exciting action sequences. We know the amazing potential of what we have so far so we want post production to be just as phenomenal as the rest of the movie. This movie deserves to be finished in style. With principal cinematography complete, we ask that you partner with us to provide additional finishing funds for a tremendous boost of quality in post production.
What will the money be used for?
The money we raise on Kickstarter will be used for editing, color grading and music scoring. More precisely:
- Editor finishes up and locks the editing
- Composer creates the accompanying musical score
- Sound designer creates, edits and mixes all the final sound in the film
- Colorist corrects and beautifies the appearance of the footage
- Graphic artists design the film's graphics and titles, poster and DVD cover
- Visual effects artists fix, clean and enhance the footage
- Technical engineers master the discs
- Public relations provides info about the film and where you can see it or how you can own it
Any money above our goal will go into promotion and distribution.
Why would you want to support us?
1. Be part of a cause that needs support. Stand by these young innocent women by supporting the movie. Help us to make this movie a great success and to get the message out into the hands of as many people as possible.
2. Receive amazing rewards. We have something for everybody. We even have instantaneous rewards!
3. Be inspired by an unforgettable story of healing. By supporting this movie you can be energized with hope and in turn help others experience the friendship, healing and redemption that is possible!
Before we hit the trails, here's a quick recap:
“Unbridled,” a feature length drama inspired by true-to-life stories at a healing ranch for troubled teen girls in North Carolina, tells a tremendous story of redemption and triumph. Watch God's unconditional love in action as our heroine overcomes formidable obstacles and ultimately finds that it IS possible to live a life filled with joy. This is the power of story: to dive deep into the human heart, to expose the evil, and to embrace all that is good, beautiful and lovely.
If that sounds like a story you want to see, and a cause you want to support, we've got a horse for you. Simply pick your favorite horse (aka reward level, horses not included) from the names on the right, and let's ride!
A note from the producer:
We chose to create "Unbridled" for so many more reasons than just to create another movie. The inspiration behind "Unbridled" is threefold:
1. All girls, young men, ALL people have innate value to God and others. Our lives have meaning, and no matter what difficulties you have encountered or what trauma you have experienced, no matter how bad it has been, your life is redeemable. Many people believe that if they are emotionally scarred they cannot be healed. Many people judge others in the same way. We are here to make a statement that all lives can be redeemed and all lives should be given the opportunity to heal and be made whole.
2. This film is about YOU. So many of us walk around with a vision in our heart, a spark, a desire, and we squelch it daily with doubts or busyness. No vision to help others is too big or too small for you to accomplish. Joy Currey (the founder of the Corral Riding Academy) started helping others by teaching in inner city schools. She wanted to take it a step further and offer a safe place for girls to heal. She began with one horse, one saddle and one girl. ONE horse, ONE saddle, ONE girl. And look at the difference her resolve has made in the lives of girls in her community. We are creating "Unbridled" to reignite that spark in your heart. What dream has been on your heart and in your mind? To reach out and tutor neighborhood children, to work with those who are down and out, train homeless with job skills, answer a suicide hotline, volunteer in a home for young mothers, to foster or adopt, to notice those around you who are needy and lend a hand, to begin a place like Corral, where hurting girls and horses are healed? What is on your heart to do? Unbridled is the encouragement that no dream to help others is too big or too small for you to accomplish.
3. We want to draw attention to the travesty of the sex trafficking industry and child sexual abuse. I realize this is a touchy subject. I also realize that hiding our heads in the sand won’t make it go away. The statistics show that our children, those we love, and those we don’t know are unsafe. Let’s learn to protect the most innocent in our society, beginning with the acknowledgement that there is a serious problem in the world, our country and in our backyards.
Risks and challenges
With principal photography funded and complete and post production already in process, we have accomplished the most challenging and risky aspects of film production. We are seeking additional funds to complete post with the highest quality for the most enjoyable and meaningful viewing experience.
Kickstarter is all or nothing. If we don't reach our goal we won't get any of the money, and we won't be able to deliver the rewards. Please partner with us in making "Unbridled" have an impact on society.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (22 days)