Unbiased: The Truth about the Healing Arts on Wikipedia
Unbiased: The Truth about the Healing Arts on Wikipedia
Support the book that exposes the bias on Wikipedia and takes a stand for the truth about alternative health.
Support the book that exposes the bias on Wikipedia and takes a stand for the truth about alternative health. Read more
Why this book is so important:
Wikipedia is on a misinformation campaign against alternative health and the healing arts. The public needs to know it. Natural health deserves fair representation.
We're going to set the record straight. We need your help and invite you to get involved in the process. Please check the various reward levels to discover how to participate.
Here's what we're up against:
(Click on each image in this post to enlarge)
Because of its massive search engine authority, Wikipedia entries often rank #1 in Google for specific health related searches. It is often the first information someone reads about a particular topic.
Given that high search engine results are often equated with high credibility, the public is likely to believe the falsities they are exposed to on Wikipedia.
Because Wikipedia promotes itself as an "encyclopedia" (with the goal to replace Encyclopedia Britannica) people often believe that what they are reading must be true.
Unbiased will expose the flagrant bias and academic errors or omissions on the Wikipedia domain, pertaining to alternative health movements and modalities.
Read Dana Ullman's personal encounter with Wikipedia Founder, Jimmy Wales. Dana also presents an avalanche of evidence that validates homeopathic remedies in this Huffington Post review.
Read Mike Bundrant's hard hitting review of the NLP "pseudoscience" entry on Wikipedia here.
We’re going to give the public the whole story so that individuals can choose how much credibility to give the sixth most popular website in the world.
Your support of this campaign is a vote for the truth about alternative health.
Unbiased will do the following:
• Expose false information, distortions and omissions of relevant information regarding specific alternative health modalities (listed below).
• Prove Wikipedia's multiple pseudoscience claims wrong.
• Expose the hypocritical conflicts of interest and blatant bias of Wikipedia editors.
• Show how attempts to correct false information on Wikipedia are systematically stonewalled by higher ranking editors with an agenda of their own.
• Show how Wikipedia's treatment of the healing arts is a clear violation of its own editorial policy.
We will correct the errors and omissions with truthful, scientific data about the specific alternative health movements and modalities listed below.
Your contribution to this campaign helps create a fair playing field for alternative health practitioners.
Leading a team of academic writers, interviewers and researchers, this book will be compiled by Mike Bundrant. Mike is a published author, columnist for NaturalNews.com and PsychCentral.com. Mike also hosts the podcast, Mental Health Exposed, and is co-founder of the iNLP Center and Healthy Times Newspaper.
Mike has authored well over 400 published articles and enjoys a monthly readership of 400,000 (estimated).
Unbiased is a feature length, printed book.
Table of Contents (subject to change)
• Purpose of this Book
• Introduction to Wikipedia
• The Wikipedia Editorial Policy
• The Wikipedia Editing “System” - Good Ole Boys Club?
• Paid editors
• Corporate shills
Fields investigated (one chapter each):
• Anti-GMO Movement
• Alternative Medicine
• Autism and Vaccines
• Holistic Health
• Dietary Supplements
Alternative Health Practices
• Ayurvedic Medicine
• Energy Medicine
• Applied Kinesiology
• Craniosacral Therapy
• Therapeutic Touch
• Orthomolecular Medicine
Mental Health Practices
• Therapeutic NLP
• Energy Psychology
• Therapeutic Hypnosis
• What You Can Do
• What to Look for in an Alternative Health Practitioner
What this book will NOT do:
• Attempt to defame or slander anyone associated with Wikipedia.
• Present non-scientific evidence that validates the healing arts. The purpose is to present compelling scientific evidence that is not represented on Wikipedia.
• Promote any individual practitioner or proponent of alternative health.
This book will be rigorously researched, written and prepared for publication over the course of nine months. Information will be obtained through academic inquiry into peer-reviewed scientific literature.
Unbiased will be independently published and promoted widely, with significant help from leaders in natural health.
We need your contribution so we can take the following steps:
- Engage our PhD level research team, employed for six months. $23,000
- Assemble the research, create and edit the book narration. $5,000
- Design, publish and promote a website to support the book. $5,000
- Produce a promotional video. $1,000
- Final book formatting. $600
- Create and promote a professional, optimized listing on Amazon.com. $500
- Secure additional online and offline distribution channels. $5,000
- Write press releases and multiple supporting articles. $3,000
- Legal review of the final manuscript and all promotional materials. $5,000
- Massive outreach to increase exposure of finished product. $5,000
- First print run/fulfillment. $7,000
- Processing fees. $7,000
The foundation is already in place.
We already have agreements with journalists and academic researchers, a world class art director/web designer, a copywriter, a video production company and scriptwriter, and a top-notch editor. We have an attorney on board as well.
Importantly, we have endorsements and enthusiasm from authors, publishers and leaders in the healing arts who thoroughly understand the need for this book.
Now, we need your support to turn this much needed resource into a printed and broadly available reference book. Help turn the tide in favor of the truth!
Risks and challenges
We’re long-time publishers of both print and digital media, so we are familiar with the challenges that accompany good publishing projects. Endless edits, coordinating fulfillment and distribution, digital formatting, organizing a research team, and so on.
With this project, the biggest challenge is scope creep. Wikipedia has been a thorn in the side of so many in the alternative health and healing communities. Everyone will want to be represented in this book. We’ll do our best to represent the fields that we can, and will need to monitor the project so that it doesn’t become too large to deliver well and on time.
It will also be important to write this book with the highest level of maturity. The task is to tell the hard truth and do it without ranting. We’ll right the wrongs with integrity.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)