Frequently Asked Questions
Why are the goal and pledge amounts in CAD (Canadian dollars)? What does this mean if I’m pledging in a different currency?
Underground Games is a registered Canadian business utilizing Kickstarter Canada and the Canadian dollar (CAD) currency. At the time of writing this FAQ, the exchange rate is quite favorable for international backers, sitting at about 0.90 USD: 1.00 CAD, and 0.65 EUR: 1.00 CAD. When you back Allegiance, simply enter in the desired pledge amount in CAD and it will make the appropriate currency conversion.Last updated:
For Canadian based projects, Kickstarter only accepts payment via major credit card. If you have paid for other pledges via Amazon, those were for projects based in the US. For more information, check out the Kicksarter backer questions FAQ (https://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq/backer+questions#faq_4177).Last updated:
I see that there was already a campaign for Allegiance that was canceled, and that this is a relaunch. What happened the first time around?
We realized that we could create a more well designed Kickstarter campaign than we had set up, and get much better traction and momentum the second time around after these changes.
We chose to stop the previous campaign after about 10 days because we realized that we needed to retool the campaign in order to offer a better experience for our backers. Momentum is everything in Kickstarter, and we had lost some people's interest who - although they really liked the idea of the game - weren't satisfied with how the campaign was set up. So we made the tough decision to cancel, take the time to implement lessons learned from the experience, and relaunch. We were very intent upon taking the feedback from our backers and using it to create a much more value-laden experience the second time around.
Here are some of the major changes we made from the initial campaign after listening to our backers and consulting with creators of successful projects:
- We have a lower overall raise goal (50K instead of 90K). With lessons we learned from other creators (such as shipping and distribution strategies), we are able to have a lower and more achievable target goal.
- Our shipping rates are much lower than last time. Using advice on how to handle shipping more efficiently, we are now able to offer free shipping to North America and Western Europe, and reduced rates elsewhere.
- We have done a better job explaining what the game is all about this time around, and giving people a good idea of the value included in the box.
- We hadn't gotten any reviews done of the game before launching the last campaign. This time we ensured that copies of the game were sent out for review (professional and amateur) so that backers had reliable third-party opinions on the game.
- This time we have a beta version of the rulebook available at launch time so that people can read it to get a more in-depth idea of how the game works.
- Last time our reward tiers weren't structured as well, offering too many unwanted "extras" that inflated costs. This time we streamlined our reward tiers and focused on getting our backers a copy of the game plus promos at the best possible price - which was the main thing people were interested in.
- This time we have better designed and more attainable stretch goals.Last updated:
We found because of how Allegiance is set up and how it plays out, that it plays best with 2-4 players. Maintaining a great play experience is very important to us, so for that reason we felt it was best to keep Allegiance as a 2-4 player game for the base game. Luckily Allegiance doesn't have an extremely long playtime, so no one would ever be left waiting too long before being able to join in a new game.
If Allegiance is a success and we can reach the point where we can work on expansion content, we'd definitely love to tackle adding in some mechanics at that time that would allow the game to work well for 5+ players. Hopefully Allegiance really takes off and we can reach that point, as we have some great ideas for expansion content!Last updated:
Don't see the answer to your question? Ask the project creator directly.Ask a question