About this project
Where your money will go:
We are hoping to raise a a portion of our post-production budget (including marketing and distribution costs) through this Kickstarter campaign. Please know that every dollar counts! We are so grateful for all of your support. THANK YOU!
- Film Festival fees-- an average of $40-$70 per submission and we'd like to enter over 60 festivals. The more $$ we raise, the more festivals we can enter.
- Errors and Omissions Insurance-- this is required to get distribution and can cost upwards of $2,500.
- Legal Fees-- what doesn't require lawyers nowadays? $1,500 and up.
- Digital Cinema Package-- a fancy file type that some film festivals require. It can cost up to $2,000 to make.
- Marketing and Promotion-- we want to keep getting the word out about this film! $3000.
Why it's important for people to see this film:
Our film explores universal themes such as young death, living life to the fullest, and the nuances between living recklessly and living adventurously. We seek to provoke introspection in our viewers. Ty’s List leads viewers to question their choices and attitudes. We ask: are you living your life the way you want to? Who and what do you appreciate? If you knew that your days were numbered, what would change in your life? If a person leaves the theater to call their mom to say “I love you” or gets coffee with a friend to discuss quitting their unfulfilling job—we have succeeded.
Our Expedia Video:
Ben's Radio Interview
Our original Kickstarter:
Our journey to San Francisco:
"Kings Arms", The Earth is a Man. Courtesy of Doug Kaplan and Zach Robinson. http://theearthisaman.bandcamp.com/
"Magical Disappearing Acts", Fierce Creatures. Courtesy of Paper Garden Records. http://papergardenrecords.com/artists/fierce-creatures/
"Another Visit", The Lost Shores. Courtesy of Richard Aufrichtig. https://thelostshores.bandcamp.com/
Special thanks to Jack Foster, our awesome video man!
Risks and challenges
Before Ty's List, we had never produced or directed a film. Tackling a feature length documentary was the hardest challenge we had ever been faced with, especially in the wake of our friend Ty's death.
We learn fast and work hard. We develop strategies to deal with issues as they come up. We have a giant community of mentors and supporters to help us through the tough times. We balance an open mind with clear goals and plans. We are 100% committed to the success of this project. Donate and let us prove it to you!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (25 days)