As an aspiring singer-songwriter, I moved from Portland, OR to Nashville, TN in the fall of October 2009 in pursuit of a dream. In my short time in The Music City, I've written an inspired batch of tightly themed songs that will make up this soon-to-be 5-track EP, Long Before the Wheel.
Compiled of my newest songs such as Clover, Daffodils, That Moon, We Grow and Leave Oregon, all of the money collected here will go towards recording this organically themed record and releasing it in the fall of 2010 to celebrate one year in the musical trenches. One year of growth. One year of change.
The theme Long Before the Wheel suggests a simpler time; the days before machinery where man worked on the improvement of his soul. Though it may sound a bit hippy inspired, I assure you, it is simply a metaphor for growth as an artist and as a human and a prompting for others to revisit their primal passions in pursuit of happiness.
HOW I PLAN TO DO IT: As usual, I'm more prolific than my pocket book so the hard work is done, I simply need funding. Here is the plan:
- The songs are already written.
- The producer and studio are already arranged.
- I've recorded many times before and will approach it with the utmost of professionalism.
- $1,500 will go toward recording the record and paying musicians.
- $500 will go toward mastering the final tracks.
- $1,500 will go toward the replication of 1,000 physical copies for distribution.
- I plan to record this summer (in Nashville) in time for an October 1st release.
Thank you for your time and consideration of my project Long Before the Wheel. By recording music it becomes immortal and I have no doubt that this will be a special album within my catalog forever. With your help, we can make this happen. Thank you.
- (61 days)