About this project
It's Apples To Apples meets Guess Who?! It's Cards Against Humanity with pictures?! It's...no wait, that's it.
***UPDATE: We're a staff pick! Thanks Kickstarter. And here's a new video ***
Assumptions is deliciously simple and addictively fun. We know this because we printed a prototype at FedEx Office Print & Ship Center (née: Kinkos...RIP), had a few drinks, played a game, and laughed our collective asses off. Then played it again. And again.
Here's how it works:
• Everyone has 7 red assumption cards in hand.
• Player A draws a character card from the pile without looking, revealing it to everyone else. Closing your eyes works. Holding it to your forehead works. So does holding it out in front of you, like this:
• Everyone else plays an assumption card from their hand about the revealed character by putting it face-down. Players draw a new assumption card from the red pile so everyone's hands contain 7 cards.
• Player A, with the character card still a mystery, flips the played assumptions cards one at a time, reading them aloud (and inherently drawing their own assumptions about the character they haven't seen yet). Then, FINNNALLLLY, they get to flip their character card. Lol.
• Player A picks the assumption they think best fits the character. The person who played the chosen assumption is the winner, and keeps the character card, collecting it as a point earned.
• That's it! Rotate Player A and repeat. The game ends when X points are reached, or Y time has passed (you make up these numbers), or everyone hates each other. Preferably, before this last one happens. Enjoy!
WHY THE KICKSTARTER?!
This campaign exists to fund the printing and packaging of 400 legit playing cards (300gsm or 310gsm, coated, rounded corners, glossy box, etc.). As much as we like our DIY prototypes, we're looking forward to the super sexy finished product.
The beauty of the game is brought to you by the very talented Lauren Baker. She has drawn 90 amazing characters. Here are a few:
The final 10 characters will come from you! Our fanciest backer reward allows you to be part of the game. Provide your photo and Lauren will turn it in to a card. Like so:
So what makes the 100 character cards even better are 300 assumption cards ABOUT these characters. Some assumptions are not appropriate for children, and teenagers, and probably some adults. We (our lawyers) recommend players be over the age of 18. Here are a few cards:
HOPES AND DREAMS ✨
We have some plans for the future of Assumptions! If this game is popular we can continue with expansions, introducing new artists to the game with more characters, and more assumptions.
* * *
Risks and challenges
The artwork and design have been paid for already, and do not depend on the success of this campaign for completion (in fact, aside from those last 10 illustrations, we're all done). There are very few backer rewards associated with this project, which reduces any risks considerably. The production component is also very simple: a box, cards. And we're exploring a dozen printing options to make this happen. Other than that, we risk offending people, as the game contains cards that are not suitable for children (or even decent humans). Assumptions will literally be thrown at you, or you'll do the throwing. It might create awkward situations, or as we like to say, "teachable moments."Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)