If we hit $20,000, we can add a fourth style: the boxer brief!
The same coochie-friendly design in a cute boxer brief style. Who says boxer briefs are just for guys?! Who says underwear has to have a gender at all?!! Strict gender roles are so 2000s.
IF WE HIT $50,000 I CAN QUIT MY STUPID TEMP JOB!
I've been doing a bunch of temp work in order to pay the bills, but if we can raise $50,000 I can boostrap and focus on Thundress full-time! Not only would that make me really happy, it would also mean I would have the ability to:
- Spend two weeks at the factory doing quality assurance and training for the workers when we start production.
- Organize a pop-up shop on Valentine's Day in NYC to sell underwear, other coochie-friendly products, and host special speakers and performances. It will be like a TEDx talk for vaginas! VAGx, anyone??!?
- Develop new styles and sizes much faster, especially bras and bralettes!
- Create more content on the blog and other platforms. I can also take on more ambitious "research" projects and interviews.
100% organic cotton fabric. Gynecologists and your grandmother agree, 100% cotton underwear is the best fabric for your cooter. It's breathable and less likely to cause irritation. Organic means less impact on the planet and on your poontang.
Chemical-free coochie. Thundress believes that your private parts should be a chemical-free zone. That's why we use fiber-reactive dyes that are free of Azo and other toxic compounds. And the inside lining -- we like to call it the "snatch patch" -- is always made from unbleached and undyed 100% organic cotton.
Ethically made. We have partnered with a factory in North Carolina to produce our underwear. We love the hyper-local supply chain (our fabric mill is in North Carolina too! ) plus, it gives us a chance to really get to know the people who are making our undies.
Doing good. We're not just another product company trying to sell you stuff you don't need. We don't want toxins in our vaginas and we don't want them in yours either. Save the chachas!
Why It Matters
Some quick facts about chemicals in fabric:
- There are approximately 134 textile-related chemicals that have a high to medium probability of release from textile articles. The riskiest chemicals for textile-to-skin contact are azo dyes and fragrances (Swedish Chemical Agency)
- Factors like sweat and friction from movement can facilitate the transfer of chemicals from textiles to skin (The European Consumer Organization)
- There are no long-term studies on the effects of these chemicals once inside the body. However, as a precaution, toxins which pose a risk to human health "should be avoided in articles with direct and prolonged skin contact" (Swedish Chemical Agency)
- For more detailed information about the chemicals in fabric, check out our website.
We're tired of underwear made from synthetic materials, full of yucky chemicals and designed for some supermodel we've never met. We want to look cute and be healthy, so we design all of or underwear with that in mind.
A $1 pledge will get you a digital copy of our guide, "How to Detox Your Vagina and Go Pussy Paleo." Every dollar counts and every coochie counts!
For a $15 pledge, you will receive a Thundress original "Protect Ya Puss" t-shirt. The tees are sweatshop-free and union-made!
For a pledge of $25 or more, you will get one of our pairs of underwear! You will also have the option of buying a pair and gifting it to someone you love.
We currently offer three styles.
In two colors, natural (with thunderbolt print) and black.
*please note: the natural color is not white or "nude" - it is an unbleached, undyed, cream-like color.
For a pledge of $50, you can order the Thundress original "Protect Ya Puss" hoodie. It is made in the USA of 100% organic cotton and badass.
Limited Time Only!! For a pledge of $225, you will get TWO custom undies! We'll take two of our 100% organic, coochie-friendly undies (black) and print it with your custom design. No one else will have a pair like yours, so they're perfect for flaunting in the locker room. Or go halfsies with your BFF!
Trump on your rump! Or poon.
Keeping it classy, as usual.
What better way to show your love for RBG than putting her face right on your cooch?!
**Please note, there are some limitations on the type and size of art you can create. Feel free to message me with questions.
How to get a shirt and underwear combo:
Your Money at Work
Your support of this project will help us meet the factory minimums needed to offer the product at an affordable price.
The company is owned and operated by women of color and based in Brooklyn, NY. We are a member of Women's Voices for the Earth, and donate a portion of profits to BRAC's Humanitarian Fund (to support garment workers in Bangladesh) and GenSex NYC (sex education taught with an anti-oppression framework).
Check out our blog to learn more about us and what we're up to!
The hugest shout outs to Andrew Martis, Diandre Fuentes, Enesha Stringer, Ian Reid, Lauren Jackson, Stephanie Dluhos and Tarela Ebiotu for making this Kickstarter possible!
Risks and challenges
As with any new product company, we run the risk of delays in receiving components and in production. However, since all of our suppliers and our factory are domestic, the risks are much lower. Furthermore, Tylea has been working in production management and logistics for several years so she's prepared to problem-solve like crazy to make sure backers get their rewards! But in the event that things do go wrong, we are committed to transparency and open communication so you will always know what's going on.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)