Final Week: Apocrypha, Stretch Goals and The Rumble!
We're in our final week! We’ve got one piece of business and news about stretch goals. Let's get to it!
BUSINESS: FULFILMENT AND ADD-ONS
If you've backed a lot of Kickstarters, you may be familiar with thrid-party tools that allow you to add onto your pledge or even become a backer after the end of a campaign. These tools are great and serve a purpose, but at the moment we're not planning to use one of them. Our partners at Blackbox handle fulfilment; we'd rather hear from you directly than outsource customer service; and we want to give you a backer experience that doesn't require you to create an additional login or feel like we're pushing you to spend more after the campaign. However, if you're a backer and have insights as to why we should use a third party tool, we'd love to hear your thoughts; send us a message!
However, to be clear:
- The only way to get a copy of Illimat with the Kickstarter-exclusive bonuses is to back the project at a level that includes the game during the Kickstarter. If you get multiple copies (adding additional copies of the game as add-ons or backing at the retailer level) you'll get a set of bonus items for each copy of the game.
- Our tote and our poster will be limited editions. If we end up with extras, these items may be available in our online store in May or June, but we cannot guarantee this; adding them on now is the only way to be sure to receive them. If you're not sure how to do add-ons, the FAQ includes a step-by-step guide.
If you have any questions about this, let us know!
THE GOOD STUFF
So far we've unlocked the cloth bag, the Kickstarter exclusive Luminary card, and the exclusive Apocrypha & Variants booklet - but we want to talk about what's up next. Here's our remaining stretch goals for this last week.
- 5,000 Backers: The Victory Book. This is a record of your Illimat journey, a pocket sized ledger of epic games and bets wagered and won. It features art by Carson Ellis, special achievement goals and more. These Victory book will be made right in our home town of Portland, Oregon by our friends at Scout Books. We plan to sell a version of the Victory Book separately from the game for about $4.95, but if we hit this goal we'll add a copy to every Kickstarter edition of the game.
- 7,500/10,000 Backers: Kickstarter Exclusive Okus Tokens. Reaching ten thousand backers is a big goal, so we decided to split it in half. When we reach 7,500 backers we'll add an exclusive okus token to the Kickstarter version of Illimat, and if we make it to 10,000 backers we'll add a second exclusive okus!
- The Rumble. On Wednesday, November 2nd from 6-9 PM Pacific Time Carson Ellis,The Decemberists, Keith Baker, Jenn Ellis & special guests will face off in a livestream interactive Illimat tournament. You'll have the opportunity to unlock an additional kickstarter exclusive okus token, with the final design to be chosen by the winner of The Rumble! More will be revealed on Monday, October 31st.
A PEEK AT THE APOCRYPHA
When we hit 3,000 backers, we unlocked Variants & Apocrypha, a Kickstarter-exclusive booklet presenting alternate rules and apocryphal tales about the history of Illimat. Colin and Keith have been hard at work and we wanted to give you a sneak peek. Here's a look at the Full Harvest rule, which turns a terrible hand into a powerful asset.
As always, thank you for your support!
Jenn & Keith