Twisted Kicks is a fast-paced mashup of guessing-style party games that draws its content from pop culture. A good starting point to understand the game is a guessing game with only one restriction.
The objective of the game is to guess as many of the Twisted Cards correctly within a 60-second turn.
There is a great deal of variety on how you can get your team to guess the Twisted Cards correctly.
- Describe the Twisted Cards to your team using methods such as saying other related words, acting out the cards, singing a song, describing someone who you consider embodies the card, or using any other method you come up.
- The only restriction is that you cannot say the Twisted Word or any of the 5 Restricted Words in the middle of the Twisted Card.
- Ultimately depending on the Twisted Cards you draw, some methods for describing cards may be better than others.
But there's a Twist!
On the beginning of your turn, draw a Twisted Rule.
- Twisted Rules add special hilarious and challenging twists that are only in effect during your turn.
- Before you start the timer for your turn, draw a Twisted Rule and read it aloud.
- These cards may ask you to high-five another player when your team scores, talk in a foreign accent, or a variety of other funny and/or difficult tasks that may help or hurt your team’s ability to score.
You'll have a good time laughing at your friends perform crazy shenanigans while you're trying to beat them.
If you want to check out some of the Twisted Cards and Twisted Rules included in Twisted Kicks, we have a free mini print-and-play version of Twisted Kicks available on our website.
**Updates: Cool things since we've launched.**
- During the first week of our project, Twisted Kicks was ranked as the #4 Top Idea on Hatchli.io and was featured in their weekly newsletter! All in 2 days!
- Check out some images and GIFs of the 3D Printed Swag from the Twisted Kicks supporter Reward Tier!
- Here are some pictures of what the finished product will look like. We made some changes to the slogan, but overall the games will look like they do in these pictures.
- We will introduce Stretch Goals when the project is 50% funded.
Who are we?
We are two UCLA '15 graduates, who are heavily invested in making Twisted Kicks the best party game out there. We have meticulously worked to improve the game through hundreds of hours of play-tests and revisions. This extends from actual gameplay, improvements in manufacturing quality, better content, and integrated mobile apps and community engagement. In the future you can expect subsequent expansions to keep the content fresh. We will continue to improve the Twisted Kicks experience based on your feedback, and we'll update you on every step of this journey.
If you have any questions, leave us a comment. We'll be happy to answer any questions you have.
Risks and challenges
We are very happy to have our first project successfully funded in late 2014. We also shipped copies to all backers within a month of the project's completion, with most getting their copies before Christmas.
We have learned a lot since then in terms of pricing and total costs of shipping, production, and quality control. Of course the possibility exists for manufacturing and shipping delays, but we will work hard to make sure that those things don't happen and/or are minimized.
As far as this project goes, we will keep our backers updated with timely updates about the manufacturing process and let them know where we are in each step of the production and shipping process once the project is funded.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (32 days)