The country is descending into chaos. Fight through the insanity by using Attack, Defense, and Power-up cards, to collect absurd Goal cards. Simple yet strategic, this game will cause laughter, followed by tears. Just like Trump.
In addition to being fun, the game is informative: Every card is based on a historical event from the Trump Administration, which is to say a blend of facts and alternative facts. The game is designed to spark conversation and awareness about the crazy political state, in a simple and fun way. We are ready to print: We just need your help to place a batch order.
What's in the box?
60 unique cards from our awesome artist, professionally printed, including:
- 31 Attack cards
- 14 Defense cards
- 5 Power-up cards
- 10 Goal cards
- In a sleek, customized tuck-box
All cards from the Kickstarter rewards will have a first edition mark on the sides. This will be phased out after.
Our mission is to (1) deliver a hilarious and fun party game, and (2) raise awareness of social and political issues.
Like Trump, this started as a joke, then became a reality (while remaining a joke). We don't support the things Trump says/does and we wanted to make fun of him in a hilarious and enjoyable way. So we designed a high-quality, professionally printed, boxed game. It's the perfect gift for your liberal friends and republican frenemies.
We've spent months designing the cards, testing game-play, and speaking with printing companies. One company actually backed out due to the nature of some of the cards (you'll see when you get your deck...) but we have since found a better printing partner, and are excited to deliver this game. All 60 of the cards have been designed and the printing partner has been established. The minimum we need to print a batch order is $3K, which we're raising with your much appreciated support. If we exceed this target by enough, we'll be able to add additional cards (which backers can vote on) and do other cool things!
Game Play: Simple yet strategic
- Each player gets 3 face-up and 3 face-down cards. You may look at your own face-down cards. The remaining cards are placed face-down in the center. This is the draw pile.
- Play any one of your cards by placing it face-up in the middle (unless the card's description says otherwise). This is the burn pile. Perform the action described on that card. If the card allows you to attack a player of your choice, identify them. If an opponent is required to perform a counter-action, they do so now.
- Take the top card from the draw pile as a replacement for the card you just played. If any opponents lost cards during your move, they now draw and replace as well. All players should always have 3 face-up and 3 face-down cards, unless a move states otherwise.
- Your turn is now over, and the person to your left goes. They also play their card on top of the burn pile.
- Once the draw pile is used up, flip the burn pile over and this becomes the new draw pile.
- The first player to get 4 Goal cards, wins. Goal cards that are locked or protected do not count towards the 4.
Note: You can alter these numbers based on preferred style, number of players, or desired speed of game.
Note: There are some exceptions to the above rules, which are written on certain cards. Do what the card says.
Stay tuned for updates: Visit our website www.trumpcardz.com, follow us on Instagram @playtrumpcardz, or email us at email@example.com
If you'd like to order more than 10 sets, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll save you money.
Risks and challenges
All prototypes are ready, the game has been play-tested, and the manufacturer has been secured. The only challenge is delivering it to you in time for the holidays, but if we hit our goal we'll be able to do it. If any issues arise, we will communicate honestly and work quickly until it is resolved. Everything is going to be GREAT, probably.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)