The Star Trek Continues fan-based, non-profit production respectfully and graciously thanks CBS, the holder of the Star Trek rights, for allowing fan-films based upon this great show! CBS' understanding of the passion fans have for their property is second-to-none.
Trek Continues Inc. -- in association with Far From Home LLC, Farragut Films, and Dracogen Strategic Investments -- presents the acclaimed webseries Star Trek Continues!
In November 2013, we launched a successful "Kirkstarter" that allowed us to produce three new Star Trek Continues stories -- Episodes 2, 3, and 4. We're now launching "Kirkstarter 2.0" so we can continue our journey and produce additional stories!
Keep an eye on the "UPDATES" page... We'll be adding new content throughout this campaign, including video updates every five days!
Our first episode -- "Pilgrim of Eternity" -- premiered in May 2013 at Phoenix Comicon to a packed house of almost 4000. This inaugural episode brought back original series guest star Michael Forest as Apollo.
In February 2014 we premiered "Lolani," which featured Lou Ferrigno as an Orion slave trader and explored the issue of sex trafficking.
Our most recent episode, "Fairest of Them All," was a continuation of the popular TOS story "Mirror, Mirror."
The accuracy of the sets, lighting, and filming -- and the quality acting and characterization -- have brought praise and support from Star Trek fans all over the world.
Star Trek Continues is possible due to the generous support of our fans!
We've made three episodes -- and we're in production on the next two! Episode 4 will be a very dramatic story that deals with deeply personal issues to which we all can relate. Episode 5 -- to be funded by this "Kirkstarter" -- will be the first adventure off the ship for our crew.
With the $175,000+ we've raised, we can now make two original, all-new episodes -- plus the Enterprise's engineering section AND a "faux-exterior" interior planet landscape!
The money goes to hard costs related to the development, filming, and post-production of these stories, such as:
- Set construction and materials
- Building rental and maintenance
- Monthly utilities costs
- Equipment rental
- Prop production and replication
- Costume rental and production
- Make-up equipment and supplies
- Cast and crew travel, lodging, and food during the shoots
- Post production costs, hard drives, online data storage, etc.
- Plus a million other little details!
In addition, Star Trek Continues has overhead costs to run this Kickstarter. Here's the breakdown:
- 10% goes to Kickstarter and Amazon payment processing fees
- Based on our past fundraiser, 10% to cover perks (i.e., pressing DVDs)
- Finally, there are those who pledge but do not donate
We anticipate beaming away with a net of 75%.
• $150,000 • UNLOCKED! • Our chief engineer "Scotty" wanted to upgrade engineering! We raised $150,000, so now we can make his wish come true -- and he can celebrate with something "green."
• $175,000 • UNLOCKED! • You want us to visit "planets" -- and so do we! We hit our stretch goal of $175,000, so now we can build additional sets... and our away team -- complete with red shirts -- can explore new worlds.
• $225,000 • We can produce one additional episode, for a total of three!
• $275,000 • We can produce another additional episode, for a total of four!
Every $50,000 above and beyond $275,000 will be used to produce an additional episode of Star Trek Continues. (If we don't quite make the $50,000, any monies raised will be used to upgrade sets, costumes, etc.)
There've been many reviews of our webseries' episodes -- some by elite websites such as TrekMovie and io9 (among others). Check out some of the reviews here!
Perhaps most impressive of all, Eugene "Rod" Roddenberry attended our screening of "Fairest of Them All" in Las Vegas. During the Q&A, Rod made the following statement:
"I do have to say -- and I said this after 'Lolani' -- I’m pretty damn sure my dad would consider this canon. The fact that you do stories that mean something, that have depth, that make us all think a little bit... I really think he would applaud you guys. And I applaud you guys. And as far as I am concerned, it is canon. So thank you."
2013 Lost Episode Festival Toronto - Best Feature
2013 71st World Science Fiction Convention - Best Fan Film ("Pilgrim of Eternity")
There are always risks and challenges based on cast or crew availability. Shoots may need to be rescheduled if this were to occur.
Note: STC is seeking tax exempt status with the IRS. Far From Home LLC is in the process of being replaced by Trek Continues Inc., a Texas non-profit corporation. Kickstarter was unable to change the account to the new name without losing the data from the previous successful funding. However, please be aware that all funds raised (minus Kickstarter fees) will be deposited in bank account of this new entity, Trek Continues, Inc. for the exclusive purpose of producing more quality episodes of Star Trek Continues. Thank you for your amazing support!Kickstarter上の説明責任について詳しく知る