About this project
Thank you Kickstarter! SOLO was successfully funded on May 12th, 2015. The team is moving fast. Here's how to keep up with us:
Hello, meet SOLO. An all-in-one travel suitcase, backpack, and shoulder bag.
We’ve designed SOLO to meet the demands of today’s global traveler: this bag is a versatile travel system that will carry all of your business and personal essentials, allowing you to breeze through airports, and effortlessly transition between work and leisure time.
Whether you're riding a Vespa along the Champs-Élysées, or walking into a client’s boardroom, you need a versatile travel system that adapts to any situation that can keep you moving, productive, and happy.
Why did we do it?
We wanted to help travellers save time and money. How many times have you had that awful feeling of dread when learning your airline lost or delayed your bags. Or perhaps fumbling to remove that laptop at the busy security gate. Or feeling infuriated after being charged that "extra handling" fee for checked bags.
As perennial travellers, we understand the challenges of navigating airports, hotels, and trains. The solution? We sought out to design a speedy and reliable travel system that will keep you moving at the top of your game.
A carry-on with convenient carry options, and the ability into a backpack, SOLO can take you anywhere —and you'll look great while getting there too.
Features & Specs
Packed with user-friendly features such as lie-flat packing, multiple organizational pockets, concealable backpack straps, separate and padded laptop pocket, side and top handles, SOLO is a versatile carry-all solution to give you full confidence in all situations.
Watch this video to see all of SOLO's features:
SOLO's user friendly features:
• Front pockets with easy access to quick-grabs or storing documents
• Lie-flat packing with "clam-shell" opening for quick & easy packing
• Expandable luggage compartment to carry those extra souvenirs on the way home
• Cushioned side and top handles for comfortable & traditional carry
• Padded laptop compartment holds 15" laptop or 15" Macbook Pro
• Concealable backpack straps with MOLLE loops and safety whistle
• Rain cover included for tough situations and protecting your valuables
• Watch the video above for many more features.
All of SOLO’s materials are comprised of tried and true fabrics and fasteners used in premium luggage products:
• Exterior 1680 denier ballistic nylon
• Water resistant, durable and easy to clean
• YKK zips
• YKK buckles & clips (backpack strap, messenger strap)
• ITW buckles & clips (sternum strap)
Size and Weight
- Dimensions: 22 x 14 x 8 in. zipped / 22 x 14 x 10 in expanded
- Weight: 3.7 pounds
We will do our best to keep you updated via e-mail as we reach key dates:
• May 12th - Campaign closes with funding
• May 19th - Production run begins with manufacturing partner
• Jun 30th - Bulk shipping to Toronto
• July 28th - SOLO received and processed in Toronto
• Early August - Ship SOLO to all backers via courier
Any changes to this plan will be communicated as soon as they are known.
Why we need your support
We’re a small startup with big ambitions. Over the past year, through countless sleepless nights we’ve iterated through 4 prototypes, and begged a lot of favours from our family and friends. We’ve partnered with a proven and experienced manufacturing partner who can deliver this bag. To date, we’ve invested $5000 of our own savings in design and development. SOLO has been tested under the toughest real-world scenarios and refined over and over to get it to where it is today.
All along the journey, we’ve received amazing feedback from real travel pros who’ve said again and again, “I want this bag!” Bottom line: We know SOLO can succeed; we just need a little help… To launch, a minimum order of $25,000 needs to be placed with our manufacturing partner.
With your help, we can reach our goal to deliver this product. Best of all, the success of SOLO will be the springboard for us to continue creating new and innovative products.
Risks and challenges
We promise to be as transparent as possible and provide updates at key milestones along the way. To minimize risks and challenges a number of critical steps have been taken prior to launching this campaign:
• The design and development of the bag up to this stage has been personally funded.
• We've partnered with a proven manufacturer whom we have worked with in the design and delivery of each prototype to ensure we have right manufacturing processes and material sourcing
• We're using a proven customs and shipping partner in which we have a trusted and existing relationship with and they have a track record of managing logistics for similar products.
Support this project
- (27 days)