Rogue to Redemption Publicity and Patch 2
They Like Us!
Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption is off to a great start including some nice press coverage. I’m occasionally updating https://steamcommunity.com/games/375440/announcements/detail/1715194885562614837 with new coverage.
Some review quotes:
- PC Gamer: “Hero-U is a worthy successor to Sierra's Quest for Glory.”
- Kotaku: “... a wealth of backstory, role-playing elements, puns.”
- Kotaku: “This is a fun new way to experience some classic old-school adventuring.”
- Emotional Multimedia Ride: “a love letter to classic fantasy with a bit of humor thrown in.”
- Adventure Gamers: “a well-designed and inviting experience”
- RageQuit (Greece): “Hero-U exceeds the sum of its parts to deliver an experience that is part journey through time, part heartfelt tribute to an innocence you believed long lost and a damn addictive game in its own right.”
- Robert Aspinall: “It's like Persona had a baby with Quest for Glory, and the baby grew up, and she's totally hot.”
- ComicGate: “After the grim games of recent years, it is refreshing to dive into a world where doing good feels damn good.”
Testing Game Improvements
We've pushed a beta test version of "Patch 2" to Steam. If you want to help us verify that it's ok to release this build, right-click Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption in the Steam app, choose Properties, then the BETAS tab. Select "beta - Build Candidate" click "CHECK CODE" - there is no password.
Notable changes in this build:
- We upgraded to Unity 5.6.6. This could affect lighting, movies, or other issues.
- We fixed the Bossa Nova achievement; it is possible to obtain now.
- We fixed romance issues with Thomas and Joel.
- Some door and wall collisions have been fixed.
- A quest involving the Librarian now works if you complete it before getting the quest.
- Shawn can sell more excess equipment.
- Assorted graphical polish.
- We improved the technical manual resolution and fixed errors in it.
Please report any problems you find to the Hero-U bug forum - http://www.hero-u.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=41&sid=96f2bf7a48f4dcabdb9ddc96a420fe5f. Caution: Some posts there contain spoilers. For now, please prioritize serious problems; we need to get a patch out that fixes those, and we will continue to improve the game for future patches.
We will push beta test builds of future patches from time to time, so be sure to go back to "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs" if you want to have a guaranteed stable build. Your saved games should work in any of the builds.
As usual, contact support (at) hero-u (dot) net if you have problems.
After this patch goes live, I will post another update with information about our upcoming projects and physical rewards fulfillment. We are currently working on the Art Book, Bestiary, and Soundtrack, to be followed by the Yearbook and Hint Guide.