LOW TIDE #2 at Folk Radio for February / Rewards Update / Going Forward
I hope you're continuing to enjoy your copies of LOW TIDE. By now, all hard copy CDs and downloads have been sent. If for some reason you have not received yours, please be in touch so I can take care of you!
Exciting news at folk radio:
Our LOW TIDE CD came out swinging at folk radio in February. Thank you, DJs, for the airplay love! Here's the good news:
- LOW TIDE was the #2 most-played album for February 2018
- “Hole” was the #1 most-played song
- “Good Life” was #5
- “Forty-Niner” was #10
- “The Verdant Mile” was #19
- Tracy Grammer was the #2 most-played artist
I am humbled by the industry's response, and so full of gratitude to all of you, not only for the means to make the album, but also for funding the promotion effort that helped me deliver the music to reporting stations around the world. I'd be stuck at home, playing the songs to the cat if it weren't for you. So again, thank you.
Kickstarter Rewards update:
Cover songs: I am currently working with Jim Henry to produce the duo and solo cover songs and expect they will be delivered this month.
Demos/Outtakes CD: Due to a tech issue, I haven't been able to listen to the session disc and pull the outtakes, but I think I have a fix and I hope to choose the songs by the end of the month and put together the collection for delivery sometime in April.
Handwritten Lyrics: I've transcribed lyrics for every backer who told me what they wanted, but a few folks haven't said. Soon as you let me know which song you'd like, I'll get that to you!
Meet & Greet / Skype or Coffee Date / Two for the Show: I continue to add dates to my tour; please keep your eye on the schedule and let me know when you see something that works. I can't wait to meet you (or see you, if we already know one another!) and thank you personally for helping me make this album!
I have excellent help with radio promotion but other than that, the tour booking, publicity, and the tooting of various horns -- not to mention performing!! -- is basically on me. If you're feeling especially motivated to street-team this album you've invested in, I could use the help! Here are a few things you can do to spread the word:
- Ask your favorite stations to play it
- Listen on Spotify, and/or add it to a Spotify playlist
- Write a review on Amazon or iTunes
- Hip your favorite music blogger to be in touch with me for a review copy
- Tell a friend
- I don't claim to know all the best ways to spread the word these days. I am completely open to suggestions for airplay, reviews, venues, publishers, music licensers, and more. May the doors of opportunity swing open widely, and may the music find its way to places where it may do the most good.
Thanks, everyone! Onward and upward!