We've all lost family recipes, either through misplacement, death or time. We aim to prevent that from happening again. Welcome to Foodl.es!
Instead of starting with your average online cookbook, we started with your average printed cookbook and made it innovative.
PROFESSIONAL INTEREST IN THE PROJECT:
We received a great deal of feedback, ideas and interest in the finished project. We have already received interest by Ancestry.com and Johnson and Wales University about future partnership and seeing the finished project.
- Look and feel of "flipping through a cookbook"
- Recipes default to private until you decide to share them.
- Storytelling for each recipe - Attach video, text and pictures to each recipe.
- Adjustable Nutritional Facts - Adjust the ingredients in a recipe and automatically have the nutritional facts update.
- Adjustable Serving Portions - Adjust the number of people a saved recipe serves and the ingredient quantities will automatically update.
- Ingredient search - Put in two or more ingredients and search for recipes that include those ingredients.
- Collaboration and Cookbook Creation - You will be able to collaborate with others to create a cookbook (such as family or neighborhood cookbook) then send it to a printer to be published.
- Import and export features.
- Scan and send recipes - For a small fee you will be able to scan and send in your recipes to be input into your cookbook for you.
- Backup features.
To see more about the inspiration for Foodles, watch this:
With different subscription levels you can customize your account to fit your needs. Our Individual Package, well, it’s pretty explanatory. The Family Package opens up collaborating with other users to share recipes and create a family cookbook. Our Community Package is perfect for larger groups that want to create a shared cookbook. All cookbooks can be stored online or sent to a printer for publication.
If you have any questions regarding the project, the service and its various features, please send us a comment and we'll do our best to answer!
Risks and challenges
This isn’t just a kickstarter to raise funds for an object or tool. It is the beginning of a full-service company dedicated to creating a new and innovative online cookbook.
The biggest challenge for completion of this project is the software build. Luckily, one of our founders is a software engineer that has nearly 20 years experience in software development and ability to create the full suite of functions. However, building new software from the ground up takes time, effort and money. A small portion of the money raised will be used to offset the decreased client work he will be accepting to complete this project.
The other challenge is establishing the long-term business. After all, without the business the software will be a piece of really cool technology that no one can see. Another of our founders has successfully run several businesses and has vast experience in customer service, marketing and sales.
Combined, our skill sets lay the groundwork for the eventual team that we will bring on to fully realize this project as a long term business. Active in the entrepreneurial community in our city, we have mentors and support that built similar businesses to turn to for advice and help with any challenges.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)