Shipping is one of the most challenging aspects of any Kickstarter. Our team is committed to providing the best global shipping solutions possible. In order to avoid taxes, tariffs, and other fees we are partnering with a well established shipping partner who focuses primarily on help independent games get from Kickstarter to backers.Shipping for all physical products will be charged after the close of the Kickstarter if we fund successfully. Based on your region in the world you can expect to pay the following fees. We are continually working with our partners to lower these rates as well.
USA $10 + 4 for additional copies.
Canada $13 +5 for additional copies
UK $13 +5 for additional copies
EU $13 +5 for additional copies
AUS $13 +5 for additional copies
If you live in another region and are interested in the game please contact us for shipping information.
The BrandStanding Story
What would you call a milkshake shop whose primary demographic is people who take their kids there to tell them they are getting divorced?
Michael and Mark asked Tony this amazingly bizarre question as we crossed the Idaho/Washington border on a 5-hour road trip. We debated the best names (Custardy Battle, Stone Cold Creamery), signature products (Rocky Roads Ahead Malt, Tear Salted Caramel Shake), and epic taglines (hands down winner: "Ice cream, you scream, that's why we're getting divorced"). Then Tony said it, "This should be a game".
Over the rest of the ride, we talked about the the name, created a couple decks of cards, and drafted the rules. The next day, we actually designed and printed the cards, and 18 hours after that initial question, we played our first ever game of BrandStanding.
We did all the normal game-building tasks: hundreds of insanely fun public playtests, blind playtesting, print research, and more. But we wanted to do more with BrandStanding. So over the last year, we took BrandStanding on its own startup journey. We found investors, entered pitch competitions, launched traditional marketing, built partnerships with amazing folks like iO Chicago, The Engaging Educator, and more. We even launched a piece of bold online strategy: a fake business pitch podcast based on the game where listeners vote on the winner. In short, everything that we want people to hilariously fake while playing, we did with our real game.
Now we are ready to share all of our B$ with you.
Up to this point, you've seen the broad strokes of what differentiates BrandStanding from similar-sounding games. Here are some other unique features of the game that we're excited about.
- BrandStanding takes you on the journey that real entrepreneurs go on. The player doesn't just deliver one joke; they tell the whole, hilarious story of their brand.
- BrandStanding has a rich, but simple scorekeeping mechanic that simulates real investment and market tensions.
- If you're not creative or "funny", you still have a pathway to win BrandStanding. In fact, our self-described "unfunny" friends consistently come up with some of the best brands.
- Depending on what variant you play, BrandStanding easily scales from 3-42 players.
- It's as much fun to watch as it is to play.
- Real-world partnerships with improv performers, business coaches, colleges, and startup incubators informed the shape and play of the game.
- No fun was sacrificed in the playtesting of this game.
- Nearly endless replay value.
Risks and challenges
BrandStanding is the first game we are bringing to print through crowdfunding. Every project includes some level of risk, but our team has been very intentional about creating our project at a funding level that allows us to partner with some of the most established printers, fulfillment companies, and support resources in the board game and crowdfunding industry.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter