About this project
Available in 5 unique colors…
The 30 Year Sweatshirt is:
- Guaranteed for 30 Years and built to last a lifetime.
- Sustainable fashion designed to lead an industry trend towards protecting our natural resources by making truly durable clothing.
- Handmade by artisans in rural Portugal who have been crafting beautiful clothing for over 50 years, underlining the fact our 30 Year Guarantee is no gimmick.
- Ethically made using organic cotton, reflecting our commitment to quality, respect for the environment and responsible production ethos.
- Crafted out of luxury fabric from only the finest quality yarn. This ensures both incredible softness and a lifetime of durability.
- Value you deserve created by cutting out £75 / $115+ of pointless retail markups and delivering The 30 Year Sweatshirt direct to you at the wholesale price of £55 / $85.
As featured by:
With my menswear brand, Tom Cridland, I have made clothing for Leonardo DiCaprio, Ben Stiller, Stephen Fry, Hugh Grant, Brandon Flowers, Robbie Williams, Nile Rodgers, Frankie Valli, Nigel Olsson and Daniel Craig in the past year alone. I now want to prove that clothing for men and women can and should last a lifetime, starting right now with The 30 Year Sweatshirt.
There are some items that should feature in everyone’s wardrobe and a crewneck sweatshirt is certainly one of them. Support our cry for sustainable fashion by making yours The 30 Year Sweatshirt.
A lot of big fashion brands make their clothing knowing that it will fall apart, so that their customers will have to return to buy more. It’s called built-in obsolescence, and it creates a cycle of consumption and waste that’s become all too common these days.
This has to change. Our natural resources deserve a higher level of respect and so do you.
We’re going to prove that clothing can, and should, last a lifetime. Starting right here, with The 30 Year Sweatshirt.
Partnering with a group of old school Portuguese craftsmen, who have been hand-making clothing since 1964, we have created a premium knit crewneck sweatshirt that is so well made we are backing it up with a 30 Year Guarantee.
Together we can create a more sustainable fashion industry and lead a trend towards truly durable clothing. As our video demonstrates, this will only be possible with your help!
Choose a sweatshirt in your favourite colour, or share this page with your friends, and you’ll have made a difference. Thank you so much for your support, it means so much to us and we can’t wait to deliver you The 30 Year Sweatshirt.
The sweatshirt has long been a wardrobe staple for many.
Its origins date back to the 1920s and the University of Alabama, where it developed huge popularity among sportsmen who had grown tired of playing in wool that caused them discomfort and shrunk after being washed. In the decades that followed the garment has grown to become a symbol of laidback modern comfort and style across the world.
The 30 Year Sweatshirt is a loopback. The Portuguese artisans we have partnered with use an old school technique of traditional knitting that forms loops on the backside of the sweatshirt’s fabric. We use three fine yarns of this loopwheeled fabric to create material for our sweatshirts that will look better and better as it ages.
We know The 30 Year Sweatshirt could not be better made; it was built for life.
That is why it comes with a 30 Year Guarantee. If your sweatshirt should ever rip, tear or otherwise need a repair over the next 30 years, you can send it back to us and we will immediately mend it free of charge.
We describe our colors as unique because intricate dye blends go into each of them. Each one of The 30 Year Sweatshirt’s colors was produced by blending together as many as six shades. The marled effect this creates adds depth to our luxury fabric. Choosing just one color can be hard, so we have discount bundles available.
At the end of the funding period we’ll get your color selections, sizes and address details.
If we were selling through retailers, our sweatshirts would cost £130 / $200 at the very least. We are saying no to pointless retail markups though and passing on the £75 / $115+ saved by this directly on to you. Thanks to Kickstarter we can offer The 30 Year Sweatshirt to you at the wholesale price of £55 / $85.
The Tom Cridland brand started with just Tom himself (the guy in the video above) making ergonomically tested slim cut trousers in unique colors, now available at tomcridland.co.uk and wolfandbadger.com.
These days, Tom Cridland is a team of 4 aiming to put an end to built-in obsolescence and pointless retail price markups in fashion. They can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Help us lead an industry trend towards sustainable fashion and truly durable clothing with The 30 Year Sweatshirt.
Risks and challenges
1) We are experienced. The Tom Cridland team has already disrupted the men’s pants market with ergonomically tested slim cut trousers in unique colors, available at tomcridland.co.uk and wolfandbadger.com.
2) We have our production team ready to fulfil orders as soon as funding is received.
3) We anticipate prompt and easy delivery once the project is funded and the sweatshirts made.
4) Unforeseen circumstances are always possible but we find the likelihood of a delay occurring to be minimal. That said, our community of supporters will be the first to know if anything unexpected happens.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (41 days)