The story of an American icon and motorcycle pioneer who took on the established motorcycle industry with his Penton motorcycle brand. Read more
This project was successfully funded on January 14, 2013.
SHOOTING FINAL PENTON INTERVIEW TODAY!
Hi Penton Fans!
I know it's been a while since an update but we've all been busy editing, shooting and starting to promote the film at the 2014 Monster Energy Supercross Series. So here's what's been happening:
1) As of today we have completed all the interview shooting for the film with an interview with Larry Roeseler which we are shooting today and Toni Stoecklmeier in Germany which was shot today by a German film crew. Total interviews 105!
2) We are in "Post-Production" now, turning all those interviews and hundreds of hours of footage into stories to go into the film. Actually, we have been cutting stories for a few months and are adding new interviews to it. (So much great stuff here!)
3) Tucker Rocky and MSR have come on as a sponsor of the film and to support the screenings with their dealers and sales reps. Jack Penton is working with them to make sure we have the film in lots of theatres come this Spring.
IMPORTANT: If anyone wants to host a screening or become a "Movie Captain" please contact us and Jack or myself will follow up with you on the details.
4) A couple of weeks ago we unveiled Tom Fritz' painting of John Penton called "Five Days Down". Giclees and prints of this will be given to the backers at he right level. They will be able to be purchased on the movie web site in the future as well. Please check out the photo of the painting and the "making of video" from Tom at the bottom of this post.
5) We plan on getting with Mr. Lyle Lovett at the end of February to capture his magical voice for the film.
6) Still looking towards having premieres for the film late May and be in the theatres mid-June. DVD's will be right behind them for those backers but we hope you get to the theaters too if a screening is near you.
That's it for now! We have to get back to work!
Check out Tom Fritz's beautiful painting and video: