A gripping, gritty and authentic science fiction book set in the "Elite" game universe. Not tacky, schlok SF, but a d*mn good story. Read more
This project was successfully funded on December 22, 2012.
£2500 Reward Decision Made
Thanks for everyone's input. A few key points:
1) The backer has decided not to go ahead with the £2500 pledge. No final commitment was made, nothing legal was broken, and no one died: questions were asked and answered.
2) They are not a corporation, a Thargoid invasion scout or CIA agent, but a decent human being with a love for the game and an intriguing idea that I endorse but it turns out that the rights offered don't particularly help the realisation of that idea.
3) The funding is moving, and if we carry on at this rate we stand a good chance of achieving the necessary funding for a professional edit AND keeping the locations in the game. (I also have some beta-readers who are willing to take a look, for free).
4) A quick tally of the comments reveals that the overwhelming majority favour putting the names in the book into the game. So that is what I will do.
5) I have in my email inbox a message from Michael Brookes from Frontier approving the transfer of rights. I asked before I offered the reward because I'm not stupid.
End result: Names in the book are going in the game. Currently a professional edit looks hopeful, but not completely secure.
Thanks for your commitment to the project, and your passion for the Elite game. It's been an interesting discussion, but with the backer choosing not to proceed it's now a moot point. If you have any other questions, please contact me here or via Kickstarter mail.
Fly well, Commanders!