- This is a genetic test and advanced results interpretation engine that will help you choose the optimal diet, sports, dental and skin care products, and stress reduction activities.
- All recommendations we provide are supported by widely regarded peer-reviewed studies as well as professionals in nutrigenetics, sports genetics, psychogenetics, and gerontology.
- Genotyping will be done using microarray technology at a CLIA-certified laboratory using a chip covering 820k SNPs. This is more than 23andMe v4 chip and data will be available for download.
- We will offer subscription-based more for all future updates in the system, but all Kickstarter backers receive free lifetime access to all system features and updates.
- We have no involvement with VC's, incubators, or the formal healthcare industry. We just do what we believe is right and will bring wellness to everyone.
- We are a small company of scientists. We need your help to bring this new test to market, as we need to invest in algorithms and the IT part of our project. The scientific research aspect is done (but will always adapt to new findings in genetic science).
- We had successfully crowdfunded our previous project (a genetic telomere length test), delivered in time and our product is on the market.
Health and wellness are important goals, which sometimes feel inaccessible -- the amount of lifestyle advice available is often overwhelming and contradictory. The secret is clear – the best fit for you can be determined from your DNA and lifestyle preferences.
For example, some people are better off avoiding vegetarian diets, or using supplements to compensate for vitamin deficiencies. Some will benefit more from heavy lifting and not from running. And some require UV protective cream, while others should stick to collagen support products to keep skin young and healthy. Our test takes all of this into account, and will offer personalized recommendations tailored to the users’ preferences and needs.
Our results are divided into 4 panels, each providing personalized advice in the following areas:
The diet panel will:
- Analyze genes related to protein, carb, and fat digestion and accumulation
- Analyze genes regulating vitamin and microelement homeostasis
- Inform of ideal overall diet and diet for weight loss
- Give supplementation recommendations to compensate your natural needs
- Inform of the amount of water your body requires
- Inform of alcohol/coffee sensitivity
Our fitness panel will analyze your genetics and recommend:
- The best sports and loads for you. This mean analyzing aerobic/anaerobic abilities, if you are injury prone, and your neural system and muscle restoration speeds
- Provide you with an estimation of the sport that you will most likely be successful at
- Suggest how much rest is required between workouts
- Inform of the best activities for weight loss
There are four leading factors for skin aging. The most relevant ones are different for everyone and depends on genetics. We will determine the most important factors for you and give suggestions including:
- Collagen supporting products
- Need for UV protection
- Skin dehydration risk and solutions
- Risk for skin aging due to oxidation and solutions
Modern lifestyles are notoriously stressful. Neural system overload leads to stress, requiring a neural system detox: resetting neurotransmitter homeostasis, leading to relaxation. We transform genetic polymorphisms in certain receptor genes into actionable advice on how to get rid of stress in the most efficient ways. Advice includes:
- Activities for best managing stress
- If you are better off waking early or staying up late
- The best ways to develop new habits (positive or negative reinforcement)
Supplements are important modern tools for wellness. But currently there are thousands of them; its almost impossible to find the ones that you need. Our panel will tell you which supplements are most important, whether it be coenzyme Q10 and vitamin D or B vitamins.
While we need time and funds to develop the math and IT part of the DNA Lifestyle Coach, we have created an example results page:
- Check out sample results here.
Behind the test
First of all, we need your genetic data. There are several ways to achieve this. If you have used 23andMe's service, we can simply use their data: cheaper for your, easier for us. We will either connect directly to 23andMe with their API or ask you to provide their raw data file.
If you don't have your DNA data, we will gladly do analysis ourselves. While we have our own research laboratory capable of genetic testing, we also have contracted testing out to a major genetic testing company to ensure quality control. SNP analysis will be done using an Affymetrix Axiom Genotyping array content with 821,000 SNPs.
The next key point is the way to interpret the data into actionable results. We have three PhDs in genetic science on staff and a network of volunteering nutritionists and sports medicine professionals who have all worked together to draw conclusions from genetic data. But the heart of this test lies in the smart and AI-like algorithms that use a growing database of scientific articles on nutrigenetics, sports genetics, cosmetics, and mental health to create a database of genes–intervention-effect. Using this state-of-the-art system, your results will always be up-to-date with the latest research. We currently have patent pending status for this system. Meanwhile, we will explain why and how certain recommendations are connected to your genes. This should be fun!
We are a small team of scientists with a big dream. We started one year ago with an Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign of $10K for a new kind of at home genetic test: our telomere length test. This product is now commercially available and distributed worldwide.
Now we need more help from the community to bring wellness to the world. We love to be independent, so we rely on the support of enthusiastic first-adopters.
Risks and challenges
The most common risk for a genetic testing company is FDA regulations. However, we have taken the logical and meaningful steps in order to ensure that our test is not classified as medical device. Our test doesn't make diagnosis of any medical conditions and we do not provide risk assessment of odds of medical conditions.
We focus on lifestyle/wellness/genetics correlations. It is in our right to provide users with dietary, sportive, wellness, supplementation and skin care advice, as long as it is not advertised as treatment or diagnosis for any medical condition.
We have taken the time to make sure that our test is in compliance with all US laws and regulations. With that being said, updated guidelines or the discretion of regulatory agencies may pose a future risk to our project.
Other risks are minimal. The test protocol has been developed, we are outsourcing genetic testing to a larger company to ensure scalability and quality control, and we are raising money based on our realistic monetary need to update our client panel for the DNA Lifestyle Coach.
- (31 days)