Radiant - Board Game (Canceled)
Radiant - Board Game (Canceled)
A war in three ages. Activate assassins, command knights, and claim mystical temples in this beautifully designed board game.
A war in three ages. Activate assassins, command knights, and claim mystical temples in this beautifully designed board game. Read more
Discover the world of Perim, where Avis scouts soar in the clouds, Treefolk assassins swing through the forests, and Mariner Knights ride fantastic mounts to island temples. Come live the ages of the Radiant!
- Draft an army of warriors including the versatile Radiant.
- Assemble sets of units to show your strength.
- Lead your army through the four realms of Perim.
- Activate assassins to target threats.
- Mount knights for ultimate power.
- Claim mystic temples, activate arcane portals.
- Constant player engagement with battle/turn mechanic.
- 2-4 players, 30-60 minutes
"The game designer is also the artist and it's obvious that the entire game, from start to finish, is a labor of love. And he's hit it out of the park with Radiant! . . . It is accessible to new gamers and deep enough for experienced gamers. It is easily explained in a few minutes, quick to play, and looks stunning. Radiant is definitely a game that you'll be happy to have in your collection."GJJ Games Full Written Review
"I love the marriage of the mechanics in this game all of which seems to flow so well together. . . . I also love the artwork and feel of the game and can't wait to see how the final version comes out." Everything Board Games Full Written Review
"The game is well-balanced and a whole lot of fun. Sometimes you play a game and immediately know you need to own it - this is one of those games." GameGeek.Ninja Full Written Review
"This is probably my favorite playtested game of 2016." Unfiltered Gamer's Review (queued to final thoughts):
"It has a nice flow and progession to it . . . and it's worth checking out." Edo's Full Review:
"It is a good game and I've had a lot of fun with it." Learn to Play Games full video:
"A very very fun, very very spirited game." Undead Viking Full Review:
The game pledge levels include shipping to the United States. Shipping to the UK is an additional $9 and Canada is $11. Other country-specific shipping charges are shown during checkout. Games bound for the EU will ship from within the EU.
Hey, I'm Randal. I love creating things. I'm the game designer and artist of Radiant. I'm also a teacher, an artist, a member of the Board Game Designers Guild of Utah, and I run the game club at my school. I've poured my heart into Radiant for three years now, and I really do think you'll enjoy it. Back this project. Let's make something awesome!
Radiant could not have been created without the amazing support of many people, especially good playtesters. Big thanks to:
- The Board Game Designers Guild of Utah
- The many amazing playtesters. In particular, new friends from conventions and especially blind playtesters who put in extra work.
- The awesome community of Kickstarter board gamer creators, including Jamey Stegmaier and James Mathe.
- BenSound.com for the music on the project video
- The excellent reviewers who have worked to share their thoughts on Radiant with other gamers.
- And You. This game will not be made without the support of gamers like you. Please pledge!
Risks and challenges
The most common challenge in board game projects is production delays. The game will be manufactured in China. Manufacturing, freight shipping to the United States and the United Kingdom, and then delivery from our fulfillment centers all have the possibility of delay. I will also be carefully monitoring proofs before printing, and that could take extra time if we discover things aren't looking right. Quality will take priority over punctuality.
With that said, I fully expect to hit our target delivery date. I have carefully laid out the production schedule and I've built in a buffer so that games can be delivered on time. Although artwork needs to be finalized, I waited until the art for the game was nearly complete before even launching the campaign. I'm committed to working through any unexpected snags with transparency and determination to complete the project.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)