Hello, and welcome to my Kickstarter fundraising campaign. I have a newly finished album and I'm releasing it without the financial backing of a label. I've been listening to my fans and they they've told me they want VINYL! Fortunately, that's my favorite musical format too and I can't wait to get it pressed and on your turntable. I'll also be doing a short run of CD's and a full digital release online. Please read below to find out if you might be interested in investing in my project.
My second solo album "The New Britton Sound" was recorded over the course of two years mostly at home in our small farmhouse in rural Southern Michigan. I didn't have a lot of experience engineering an album so I leaned on my friends in the music community for advice, borrowed equipment, performances and even recording locations. In addition to the farmhouse and surrounding barns at home, I ended up recording all over Washtenaw County even laying down tracks in a converted bakery.
This is an album of slow, patient work done in basements, bedrooms and barns making creative use of the limitations and quirks that recording in the field can present. Sounds of cars passing, wind rattling the barn walls and crickets chirping were all thrown into the mix creating a unique sonic environment that threads its way throughout the album. I named it "The New Britton Sound" after the small farming town where I live and record. It was mixed by my good friend and longtime collaborator Geoff Michael at Big Sky Recording in Ann Arbor.
You can preview two of the tracks at my website.
This has been a big project for me and I want to celebrate this special release by issuing the album on limited edition 12" vinyl as well as a short run of CD's. Up until this point, I have managed to fund the project entirely out of my own pocket. But now, faced with the costs of getting it pressed, released and promoted I find myself in need of some financial help. Putting out your own album is an exciting and often overwhelming endeavor. Asking for money is never easy, but I'm confident I've made a very classy, unique and great sounding record that is worth investing in. I'm calling on the generosity of my friends and fans to help me raise the final funds and make my music available to the masses.
The funds raised for this album will go toward the following:
- Creation of a lacquer master and pressing of a limited run of vinyl records
- Design and full color printing of the record sleeves with liner note inserts
- Purchase of paper inner sleeves and plastic outer sleeves for the records
- Design and pressing of a limited run of CD's
- Digital distribution fees for the online release
- Promotional tour posters
- Press mailings and radio promotion
If there is money left over after completing these tasks, I intend to put it toward additional merchandise like T-shirts or to help fund my touring.
I am offering various incentives at each pledge level which you can read about on the right side of this page. I've thought long and hard about these and am offering some unique items and experiences for some of the higher pledges. I hope you give me the chance to make them happen for you! For even the minimum pledge of $10 you'll be getting a digital copy of the album, so go ahead and think of it as a pre-sale if you like.
I am so grateful for your help and thank you for taking the time to read this and watch my video. I can't wait to hit the road with my first new solo album in seven years!
* Please note that you will need to have an account with Amazon.com in order to pledge on this site. Amazon works with Kickstarter to manage the funds for all of their projects. If you have any questions about how this fund drive or my album, please send me a message at firstname.lastname@example.org. I would love to hear from you. You should also know that you will not be charged for your pledge unless the project meets its entire funding goal by the final date of the campaign. This is all or nothing!
Support this project
- (30 days)