Greatest of All Mountains generated a lot of interest but the funding goal was simply too high. However, many of my backers encouraged me to relaunch the campaign because they loved the concept of the game. So I am relaunching this project to complete the artwork and get this game into the market.
To do this, the project will available from a P.O.D. (Print on Demand) Publisher, If you back at a (P.O.D.) level you will be able to buy Greatest of All Mountains at cost once the campaign is finished for about $12 + shipping.
"I enjoyed my time with Greatest of All Mountains. It has some very interesting ideas and was most certainly a unique game in and of itself. The idea of bringing up a mountain at birth and setting it up on high was rewarding."- Father Geek. Parent and Child Geek Approved. Full review here.
"I've seen these mechanics in other games but mixed with this theme, I thought it was really well done, really well put together. I appreciated how the complexity or the in-depth-ness of the phases increased as you went... You can put in a lot of strategy if you want to, but you can also sit back and enjoy building yourself up as the mountain." -NVS Gameplays Full Review Here.
Greatest of All Mountains is a competitive Mountain building card game for 2-5 players that can be played in 45-90 minutes. The game currently includes nearly 200 cards.
Each player represents a mountain which is vying for the title of Greatest of All Mountains. To achieve this, players must acquire the most victory points in the three phases of the game, using various abilities and events to gain an advantage over the other players.
In hopes of achieving the high honor of being named Greatest of All Mountains, each player must first form the terrain of their mountain. By adding slopes, lakes, cliffs and more to their mountain they craft the foundation of their strategy. Players may also compete to gain the all or nothing "Tallest Mountain" award for additional VP.
Next, players must build facilities on their terrain. This is where strategy becomes very important as the facilities built greatly effect how the next phase will play out. Build the best facilities on the faces of your mountain or choose to build sub-par facilities on your opponent's mountains.
Finally, each player must attract tourists to their mountain. The goal is to get tourists to your mountain's "Safe Zone" where they will be scored at the end of the game. Tourists frequently change hands, so players must employ a variety of strategies and abilities to make sure their tourists are safe from the other players. With your support we can make Greatest of All Mountains a reality.
For an overview of gameplay visit: https://youtu.be/-kmqrLUSHlE
To view the complete rules: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m93vrtso8awd5jb/Rules.docx?dl=0
Why Greatest of All Mountains is Great
• It's a Casual Game with Strategy- One of the best aspects of Greatest of All Mountains is that it's a fairly casual game but players can strategize as well. Luck does play a role, especially in the first phase, but even then players can make decisions and take risks by taking or passing up a card on the table. In the next two phases, decisions players make could win or lose the game for them.
• Gameplay That Suits Several Play Styles- While this game is competitive and there are more than a few ways to mess with your fellow players, Greatest of All Mountains does not force you to do so. It is a legitimate and sometimes winning strategy to focus on improving yourself. There's a life lesson in there somewhere.
• It's a Good Warm-up Game- Greatest of All Mountains is a great way to start off a game night. It's not terribly complicated but you need to make decisions too, making it a good primer for deeper strategy games later on.
Madness Expansion ($4400)- New terrifying Terrain, Facilities, Tourists and Events for your Mountains to incorporate.
- New Terrain “Slippery Slope”, “Unnatural Crag” and “Insidious Hollow.”
- New Facilities “Spaceship Wreckage”, “Haunted Hotel” and “Underwater Temple”
- New Tourists “Paranormal Investigator” and “Cosmic Horror”
- As well as sanity-withering new events. (2 additional events per Phase.)
Inner Peace Expansion ($6500)- Embrace the tranquility of nature with these new cards.
- New Terrain “Wild Flower Meadow”, “Babbling Brook”, and “Hallowed Ground.”
- New Facilities “Picnic Area”, “Paved Trail”, and “Relaxing Resort.”
- New Tourists “Mountain Biker” and “Office Drone”
- Peaceful(ish) events (2 additional events per Phase.)
Additional stretch goals will be unlocked as the previous ones are reached.
Risks and challenges
The only thing that I can think of that might delay the release of this game is something happening to myself or my artist. Production and shipping will be a separate and should go smoothly and quickly.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (21 days)