Greatest of All Mountains
Greatest of All Mountains
A 2-5 player card game where you affect the Terrain, Facilities and Tourists of your Mountain to become the Greatest of All Mountains!
A 2-5 player card game where you affect the Terrain, Facilities and Tourists of your Mountain to become the Greatest of All Mountains! Read more
"I enjoyed my time with Greatest of All Mountains. It has some very interesting ideas and was most certainly a unique game in and of itself. The idea of bringing up a mountain at birth and setting it up on high was rewarding."- Father Geek. Parent and Child Geek Approved. Full review here.
"I've seen these mechanics in other games but mixed with this theme, I thought it was really well done, really well put together. I appreciated how the complexity or the in-depth-ness of the phases increased as you went... You can put in a lot of strategy if you want to, but you can also sit back and enjoy building yourself up as the mountain." -NVS Gameplays
Greatest of All Mountains is a competitive Mountain building card game for 2-5 players that can be played in 45-90 minutes. The game currently includes nearly 160 cards.
Each player represents a mountain which is vying for the title of Greatest of All Mountains. To achieve this, players must acquire the most victory points in the three phases of the game, using various abilities and events to gain an advantage over the other players.
In hopes of achieving the high honor of being named Greatest of All Mountains, each player must first form the terrain of their mountain. By adding slopes, lakes, cliffs and more to their mountain they craft the foundation of their strategy. Players may also compete to gain the all or nothing "Tallest Mountain" award for additional VP.
Next, players must build facilities on their terrain. This is where strategy becomes very important as the facilities built greatly effect how the next phase will play out. Build the best facilities on the faces of your mountain or choose to build sub-par facilities on your opponent's mountains.
Finally, each player must attract tourists to their mountain. The goal is to get tourists to your mountain's "Safe Zone" where they will be scored at the end of the game. Tourists frequently change hands, so players must employ a variety of strategies and abilities to make sure their tourists are safe from the other players. With your support we can make Greatest of All Mountains a reality.
For an overview of gameplay visit: https://youtu.be/-kmqrLUSHlE
To view the complete rules: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m93vrtso8awd5jb/Rules.docx?dl=0
Why Greatest of All Mountains is Great
- It's a Casual Game with Strategy- One of the best aspects of Greatest of All Mountains is that it's a fairly casual game but players can strategize as well. Luck does play a role, especially in the first phase, but even then players can make decisions and take risks by taking or passing up a card on the table. In the next two phases, decisions players make could win or lose the game for them.
- Gameplay That Suits Several Play Styles- While this game is competitive and there are more than a few ways to mess with your fellow players, Greatest of All Mountains does not force you to do so. It is a legitimate and sometimes winning strategy to focus on improving yourself. There's a life lesson in there somewhere.
- It's a Good Warm-up Game- Greatest of All Mountains is a great way to start off a game night. It's not terribly complicated but you need to make decisions too, making it a good primer for deeper strategy games later on.
I currently have about 50% of the artwork completed. I need to have the artwork for Phase 2 & 3 completed. Once the artwork is finished the game will move into production. Once I have the final copies, I'll send them out to you.
Here is a breakdown of where the funds will be going:
Madness Expansion ($17,000)- New terrifying Terrain, Facilities, Tourists and Events for your Mountains to incorporate.
- New Terrain “Slippery Slope”, “Unnatural Crag” and “Insidious Hollow.”
- New Facilities “Spaceship Wreckage”, “Haunted Hotel” and “Underwater Temple”
- New Tourists “Paranormal Investigator” and “Cosmic Horror”
- As well as sanity-withering new events. (2 additional events per Phase.)
Inner Peace Expansion ($21,000)- Embrace the tranquility of nature with these new cards.
- New Terrain “Wild Flower Meadow”, “Babbling Brook”, and “Hallowed Ground.”
- New Facilities “Picnic Area”, “Paved Trail”, and “Relaxing Resort.”
- New Tourists “Mountain Biker” and “Office Drone”
- Peaceful(ish) events (2 additional events per Phase.)
Additional stretch goals will be unlocked as the previous ones are reached, including improved packaging and additional expansions.
For this project I will be using the shipping and fulfillment service Ship Naked. They offer customs-friendly shipping to the European Union, Australia, and Canada, so you don't have to pay additional customs charges. Shipping in the US is included at every backer level, except the $1 and $10 levels. Actual shipping costs will be added when you back.
Risks and challenges
I have had two successful Kickstarter projects before and know the ins and outs of running a campaign and what it takes to get content to backers on time. With experience in unexpected delays, I have estimated a release date of March 2016 and may even get the content out sooner.
While this is the first card game I will have produced, I have done my homework and learned from the experiences of other projects. I have an artist, Dustin Lincoln, who I have worked with previously on my first project, The Hunted. (And whose work you have seen on this page.)
A manufacturer is lined up and a test print has already been run. The only thing needed is money to produce the game. With the help of Ship Naked I can also save time that I might spend hand mailing each game myself, getting the product to you sooner.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)