Hello all, thank you for checking out our project. We greatly appreciate your interest. For the past couple of weeks, we’ve been developing a new mobile game called By the Sword. It’s a first person online mobile game that allows players to fight each other using a very exciting fighting mechanism. By the Sword will be steeped in Asian culture with a blend of steam punk modernism and Western influences. But more about the game a bit later.
Who are we?
We are Tiger Punch! A group of rag tag game developers located in Singapore. A small hodge-podge group of guys from all over the world, including Singapore, Korea, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, and even as far as the US. We may be from all over, but there’s one thing that keeps us working together, and that’s the love of games, and together we really want to bring Sword Fight all of our fellow game lovers out there! Check us out at www.tigerpunch.com
There are a couple of things that By the Sword is gonna have going for it!
First, kick ass art and music! Check out some of our concept art and you’ll see the strong Asian influence we will have in the game. We’ll have ninjas, samurais, ssaurabis, Kali warriors, all meshed together with cool steampunk femme fatale (male characters too), set in cool mythic backgrounds.
The score will feature local musicians who will volunteer some kick ass jams for the game. It will also feature music from 90’s super alternative indie band Seam and Bitch Magnet! Now that’s cool!
Second, the game will feature real online combat. You can call out and fight strangers or challenge your friends to real combat. Put them to shame and show off your skills by slicing them in half!
Last, but not least, By the Sword will have great customizations for your character. You want your character to look like a ninja? Maybe a some weird steampunk version of a samurai femme fatale. You’ll be able to do it. Create a cool avatar and show it off to all your friends on social networks like Facebook, Google+, and Hi5.
Where will the Funds Go?
Developing games cost money! Unfortunately we can’t just will a game out of nowhere. It really requires a lot of dedication and man hours.
Here are a few things we WON’T be spending money on:
- Hardware that we can just keep after the project is over. We already have computers. We’re not using this to score a new Macbook Pro or a few iPads and Android phones. We will just make due with what we got!
- Fantastic nights out and lavish meals. We are modest game developers and we pretty much eat all our meals at the local hawker center down the street. Not familiar with a hawker center? Just Google it, I assure you most meals do not exceed US$3 bux.
- Some crazy marketing budget. Nope! Games gonna depend solely on word of mouth and viral marketing.
Here are the things that we WILL be spending money on:
- Artwork - The cool stuff!
- Programming this sucker! - No BUGS! That’s our goal!
- Cool game play and design - Yeah we need that too!
- Bring the game to market ON TIME!
- POLISH POLISH POLISH!
The minimum funds that we are trying to raise will help us in finishing the game. However, I guess this goes without saying, but the more the better! More of the stuff that we mentioned right above. I assure you we’ll all be very grateful to our backers and our “rewards” will be insignificant compared to the satisfaction you’ll have when we bringing this game to market!
I want to thank everyone for taking the time to watch our video and read about or project! Much love to all from sunny, muggy, Singapore! Now PLEDGE!