Throwboy wants to produce three new and improved Chat pillows in mass quantity at higher quality. The pillows will be larger and made out of an even softer material! Right now, the Seattle-based company is a one-man show of Roberto Hoyos. He designs, sews, ships and markets all things “Throwboy” out of his apartment. Help Roberto fund a production run of his best-selling Chat pillows: LOL, OMG and WTF. With your support, Throwboy will be able to provide faster-delivery to online customers and sell Chat pillows in stores.
(Final production Chat Pillows)
STRETCH GOAL #1 - BFF Chat Pillow (Unlocked at $23,000) UNLOCKED
Take a look at our new reward packs which include the BFF Chat pillow!
Backers who pledged for any reward containing Chat pillows may now choose from: LOL, OMG, WTF and now BFF. A survey will be sent to backers shortly after the Kickstarter finishes where than can make their pillow selection.
How better to honor a BFF than with a pillow? If Throwboy goes past it's goal and reaches $23,000 we will unlock Stretch Goal #1 — the BFF Chat pillow.
The purple plush pillow will be a brand new edition to our beloved Chat pillow line. BFF is a highly-requested chat saying and we’d love to release it as our first stretch goal!
- Measures roughly 12in x 12in (30cm x 30xm)
- Made with super soft plush material
- Filled with polyester fibers
- 100% IRL
*Note: Final production pillows will be LOL (red), OMG (blue), WTF (green).
Supporting us doesn’t come without geeky perks. From a handwritten note direct from Roberto to our insanely great iCEOs out of our secret stash(!), you’re in for amazing rewards as a Throwboy backer.
Show your Throwboy pride with our latest sticker sheet! You’ll receive 6 peel-out stickers to tag your laptop, notebook, phone or your cat. LOL. Represent with this sticker sheet that features the Throwboy story on the back. Measures 3in x 3in (7.5 x 7.5).
Throwboy "Backer" T-Shirt
Let everyone know you’re an original Throwboy backer with our awesome tee. You’ll be in rare company when you’re rocking this shirt in the official green and black Kickstarter colors. The tee features the Throwboy logo across the front and the Kickstarter logo on the sleeve. Show your friends that you were one of the first people helped us reach our goal before we were cool ;)
If you back Throwboy at a certain level, you will be eligible for one of our reward packs. Check em’ out in the side bar!
Throwboy makes specialty throw pillows for a geek audience. Our merch includes the Chat Pillow line, Subscribe, Like, Throwbabies and the Icon Pillow Collection. We’re recognized in the tech community and we’ve been fortunate to make pillows for Twitter, Microsoft, Mozilla and many more. Our plush have been featured on Gizmodo, Mashable, TWiT, WIRED and MacWorld, among others. Learn more about us on Throwboy.com. Also check out us on Facebook and Twitter.
About Roberto Hoyos, Creator of Throwboy
Roberto launched Throwboy in 2007 after making a set of icon-shaped pillows to impress a girl. The grandson of a Peruvian seamstress, he quickly developed a unique, hands-on approach to customer service and tailor-made designs. Using only social media to build the Throwboy brand, Roberto worked to create high-quality throw pillows for a niche audience of geeks. Some of his guerilla-tactic marketing skills include lugging a suitcase full of pillows to SXSW to gift to big names in tech. Roberto also regularly sends logo-themed pillows to tech companies he admires. To date he’s launched five distinctive lines of Throwboy pillows. He also co-hosts a tech news podcast called User Friendly.
Thank you so much for your interest and support. We’re excited to bring you along as Throwboy takes this next big step. — Roberto Hoyos
Risks and challenges
Here at Throwboy we're committed to making this project happen. We've identified the three major roadblocks that could keep us from our goal and developed a strategy to overcome these obstacles. They are:
- Reward fulfillment problems: We've already identified a team of Throwboy interns and volunteers to work with us in a dedicated space that will be used only to fulfill rewards in a timely manner.
- Trouble identifying a manufacturer: In addition to Throwboy’s handmade pillows, we’ve imported/exported thousands of pieces of inventory, namely the iCEO. For the new and improved Chat pillow project, Throwboy has already identified a trusted and experienced manufacturer.
- An incomplete design: Throwboy pillows start with an idea that’s fleshed out into a full design. Multiple versions of a design are created until a final is chosen. For the Chat pillows, Roberto Hoyos has finished a final design. In other words, the images of the pillows are not artist renderings. All that’s left is the funding to back this project.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)