Thank you to all our backers! You made our project a reality.
If you missed out on becoming a backer, you can still purchase the Ink Drawing Techniques video and the "Miracola Ink Drawings - Volume One" art book as well as our other books and videos at www.threepointspublishing.com
This Kickstarter campaign was created to fund the creation of Jeff Miracola's Fantasy Art Workshop Ink Drawing Techniques Video, as well as an art book featuring the ink drawings of Jeff Miracola.
Jeff Miracola has been working in the fantasy art industry for more than 23 years, most notably on Dungeons & Dragons and Magic: the Gathering. A few years ago, he and his videographer wife created a YouTube channel to share videos of his drawing and painting techniques. The channel has since grown to over 37,000 subscribers and nearly 2 million views. The short videos on his channel have proven popular, but Jeff and Silvia sensed a growing thirst for more in-depth instruction. So, in 2015, they created a Kickstarter for the creation of Jeff Miracola's Fantasy Art Workshop Acrylic Painting Techniques Video. A subsequent Kickstarter was launched for Jeff Miracola's Fantasy Art Workshop Oil Painting Techniques Video. Our wonderful backers made both campaigns a great success.
And now it's time to do it again - this time for the creation of an Inking Techniques video in both region-free DVD and Digital Download formats. In addition to the inking video, we are also creating a book of Jeff's ink drawings.
We hope you will consider backing this project. Thank you!
Just a few of the many videos found on Jeff's YouTube channel:
Check out this example of the kinds of videos I have on my YouTube channel:
The content of this video will benefit beginners to professionals at any stage of their careers. Our goal is to not only give you the most detailed look at Jeff's ink drawing process but also to answer your many questions about creating ink drawings from start to finish.
Here are some of the topics and techniques that will be demonstrated in this video:
- Setting Up Your Workspace
- Planning Your Drawing
- Balancing Darks and Lights
- Implied Lines
- Inking Straight Lines
- Inking Curved Lines
- Dry Brushing
- Ink Washes
- Creating Tones
- Using Brushes
- Using Pen Brushes
- Using Pen Nibs
- Using Pens and Markers
- Using other Inking Tools
- Kinds of Drawing Surfaces
- Choosing the Correct Drawing Surface
- Kinds of Ink
- Fixing Mistakes
- Creating Effects (Splatters, Textures, etc.)
- Cleaning and Caring for Tools
- General Safety (Tools and Materials)
The Ink Drawing Techniques video will come in two formats: DVD and Digital Download. Below are the technical specs for each format.
Technical Specs for the DVD:
- Number of Discs: 2
- Format: NTSC
- Language: English
- Regions: All Regions
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Age Range: 14 and up
- Closed Captioning: No
Technical Specs for the Digital Download:
- Resolution: 1920x1080
- Format: MP4
- Language: English
- Closed Captioning: No
For the first time ever, Jeff is going to collect all of his ink drawings into one large volume. This art book, entitled "Miracola Ink Drawings Volume One" will feature hundreds of ink drawings from over the years. Included will be client work and drawings from Jeff's sketchbooks. The book will come signed by Jeff.
Technical Specs for the book:
- Size: 8.5"x11"
- Format: Softcover
- Pages: 144
- Language: English
Every backer of a reward level that includes the art book will receive this 8"x10" "Into the Forest" art print for FREE. Backers of digital only or DVD only reward levels do not receive this print. One print per backer.
And because we reached the $18,000 stretch goal, all backers of a reward level that includes the art book will now get this second art print (Angelic Warrior) for FREE!
Check out this video from our Illustration Intensive 2018 workshop:
To learn more about Illustration Intensive 2019 and to see our AMAZING lineup of guests, visit www.fantasyartworkshop.com/workshop/ii2019/
Once our funding goal reaches the different amounts listed below, that item will be unlocked.
In addition to the Rewards, you can also increase your Pledge to purchase the following Add-ons.
To include Add-ons in your Pledge, simply select the Reward Level that you desire and then manually increase your Pledge by the cost of your selected Add-ons. You will be able to tell us which Add-ons you selected after the campaign ends when we send out the Backer Surveys.
There are no extra shipping charges for these add-ons. Add-ons will be included in the shipping box you'll already receive with your rewards.
To learn more about some of these Add-ons, follow the links below:
- Fantasy Art Workshop's Acrylic Painting Techniques Video
- Fantasy Art Workshop's Oil Painting Techniques Video
- Something Wicked Art Print Portfolio Volume 1
Something Wicked Art Print Portfolio Volume 2
Jeff and Silvia are a husband-and-wife team who joined forces to create Jeff Miracola's Fantasy Art Workshop art techniques DVDs. The first two DVDs in the series, Acrylic Painting Techniques and Oil Painting Techniques, were created through successful Kickstarter campaigns in 2015 and 2016. Thank you, awesome backers! You know who you are.
Jeff Miracola has been creating fantasy art professionally for more than 25 years. He's illustrated for properties such as Dungeons & Dragons, World of Warcraft, Mars Attacks, Star Wars, Planescape, Earthdawn, Shadowrun, and Magic: the Gathering, for which he created more than 113 paintings.
He's also done conceptual toy and video game design, editorial illustrations, and picture books, as well as various activity books for Klutz/Scholastic.
For a few years now, Jeff has been sharing his oil painting, acrylic painting, inking, and drawing techniques through his YouTube channel, which has grown to over 36,000 subscribers and 1.8 million views.
Visit Jeff's website at www.jeffmiracola.com
Silvia Acevedo is an author, media personality, and journalist. Her 20 years in TV news taught her how to tell a story through great video, which she does as videographer of the Fantasy Art Workshop DVDs and Jeff’s YouTube channel.
When she’s not shooting close ups of Jeff’s art or posing for him or asking him snarky questions in the background, Silvia’s working on her own writing, including her God Awful series of books for teens and adults.
Find out more about her at silviaacevedo.com
- The email you have listed on Kickstarter MUST be a valid email that you check frequently. We will send occasional updates and a final backer survey to the email address you've listed.
- Please be prompt in answering your backer survey. The longer it takes you to respond to your survey at campaign's end, the longer it takes for you to receive your reward.
- The physical address that you provide for delivery must be valid and accurate. We will copy and paste this address exactly as written in your backer survey, so your address must be correctly spelled and laid out. If your rewards are returned to us due to a bad address, we will contact you and you must pay again for shipping if you wish to receive your rewards. If your address changes after you have completed your backer survey but before your rewards have shipped, please update your address in your backer survey and send us a message!
- Please make sure that your credit card information is correct. If it is not, your pledge will be declined once the campaign has ended and you will be dropped as a backer. (Though if this happens accidentally, you can contact us and we can provide alternate payment options.)
- Please be sure to read and understand all of the information on our Kickstarter campaign page before pledging. We want you to be a happy backer :-)
- To a U.S. address: from $5 to $20 depending on reward level.
- To a Canadian address: from $17 to $35 depending on reward level.
- To an address everywhere else: from $25 to $60 depending on reward level.
The success of any crowdfunding campaign relies on people sharing it with others. Please help spread the word by sharing our Kickstarter campaign on your social media sites. Thank you so much!
Risks and challenges
We've already successfully delivered four Kickstarter projects, two of which were the Acrylic Painting Techniques and Oil Painting Techniques video projects. Because we've gone through this before, we know what to expect. We are using the same manufacturers that made our previous DVDs, so, if you have those DVDs, you're aware of the quality that you can expect for this one. For our ink drawings art book, we are using a local manufacturer that we've used to print our previous books.
That being said, any project can experience production delays. However, our suppliers and manufacturers of the DVDs and art book are based here in the United States. We expect no delivery delays. Filming and editing of content is nothing new to us. We've done it many, many times.
Our goal is to deliver all rewards, including digital downloads, in April 2019.
We will keep you updated at every step of the process. If anything changes, such as our preferred timeline or production schedule, you will be the first to know.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)