Hello! My name is Nicole Dornsife, but I also go by my artist name Thornwolf. I’m an independent professional illustrator known for my fantasy creature and wildlife artwork, as well as the variety of styles I use. I’m raising money to publish my second book of sketches, doodles, and process drawings to provide you with a collectible behind the scenes look at my artistic process.
- 8.5” X 11” paperback
- 20 black and white interior pages
- Glossy full color cover
- A great mix of familiar favorites and never before seen works
- Features animal themes such as dogs, fantasy creatures, big cats, and more!
If successful, this campaign will fund both my time and the production cost to create an initial run of 200 books. If all 200 are claimed via this campaign, I will get additional books made to cover all rewards and put the remainder up for sale in my Storenvy shop thornwolf.storenvy.com, as well as bring with me to conventions I will be attending.
I have experience creating these books, as I ran and completed a successful Kickstarter campaign for Volume 1 in this series. This project will be of the same quality as that book with all new sketches to enjoy!
What You’ll Get
In exchange for backing this project, I have included backer tiers in several price ranges that include perks such as:
- A digital PDF download of the finished sketchbook (with options to receive a PDF of Volume 1 as well)
- A physical, signed copy of the finished sketchbook (with options to receive a Volume 1)
- Art prints from my shop - thornwolf.storenvy.com
- Custom two-word prompt sketches
- Fully custom pencil/graphite renderings of your character or favorite animal
- Bulk offers that are perfect for gift giving - With holiday shopping season upon us, I've created several offers that will allow you to treat yourself and your friends to a unique gift!
The book is mostly finished, so the funds from this campaign would allow me to immediately submit it for printing. Estimated delivery for the sketchbook and print rewards is mid-December. Because Kickstarter takes awhile to process payment after close of campaign, this campaign time is significantly shorter than most I’ve run, so I’ll need lots of help to meet this goal!
Also, due to the short timeline, I am dividing the rewards that involve custom artwork into two delivery time options: December and January. This will allow those who intend to give sketchbooks and custom art as a gifts the chance to do so while also giving myself a realistic time frame in which to complete the artwork. If everything goes according to plan and there's no printing delays and backers send me their sketch descriptions on time, we’ll be good as gold!
Thank you so much for your consideration in backing this project. I'm thrilled for the opportunity to share more of my art with you!
Risks and challenges
While I have ample experience in creating similar projects, meeting deadlines, and shipping mass quantities, individual rewards that involve custom sketches will depend on backers who have pledged to those tiers to provide me with their details/descriptions as soon as possible. This will ensure that I can create and ship your custom art in the time frame promised.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (14 days)