Visions is a strategic and card based game for 1-5 players that combines set collection and resource management
This campaign is over but may be relaunched. If you want to stay updated just follow me on Kickstarter (click follow in my profile) or sign up for the newsletter.
The Yates family is desperate because of an old curse which lies heavily upon them. Only the best visionary will be able to find the roots of the curse and helps the family by breaking the curse.
To do so you need to collect time cards, connect your mental power at the right time with different parts from the family's past and use your visionary power. Receive vision stones and put together visions and your personal master vision to gain mental influence. The visionary with the most mental influence wins the game.
- Mechanics: The game combines Set Collection and Resource Management. The time cards you draw and the family cards which appear randomly are the only factors of luck in the game. It is up to you to make the best of your cards and to manage and use the acquired visionary energy and vision stones in the best possible way.
- Interactivity: The game has an interactive feature, which gives you the chance to trade things with the other players without asking them. Of course, this feature has its limitations and won't destroy someone's whole plan, but it might twist their tail a bit.
- Individual: Each game is different because of the individual set of available and consistently changing family cards.
- Solo Gameplay: Play with up to 4 virtual players.
- Fast Setup: It takes only 2-3 minutes to set up the game.
- Language independent: All game materials are language independent.
Rule books and Languages
The printed rule books will be in English and German and all game components are language independent.
Try the PNP:
- Money-back guarantee: If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with the game, return it within 30 days and get your money back (see FAQ for more details).
- "Visions" needs you: While the design of the game is practically finished, production is only possible with your support.
- The only chance to get the game: I honestly do not know if there will be another print run ever. Maybe this is the only way for you to get the game.
- You are getting a great deal: If there are any games left from the print run, the price after Kickstarter will be more expensive.
- Future investment: Neobite Games is still a one man show. I learned a lot from my first successful project and would like to do more in the future. I try to do as much as possible by myself to keep the costs low but I want to commission somebody in the future. Help me to get there and be a part of the process.
Click on a quote to open the article.
The production of the game will be made with great care and high ethical standards. That means all the parts will be produced without any animal substances (colors, glues, etc.) and as much paper parts as possible will be sourced from sustainable forestry or recycled. It also shall be produced as locally as possible, to prevent long hauls.
Do you have a red-green deficiency? I do and I really appreciate it if game designers think about that and make their games suitable for people like me. For this reason Visions uses green, white and black wooden cubes as game relevant pieces. The different player colors are only shuffled together on the Track for Mental Influence, only there you need somebody who may be able to differentiate the colors of the player markers.
Shipping cost Base Game: 3€ within Germany, 4€ for the rest of the world
Shipping cost Deluxe Edition: 4€ within Germany, 6€ for the rest of the world
- The above shipping fees will be added to your pledge level when you select your home location.
- "Visions" is available worldwide and all copies will ship from within the EU. Therefore it is EU-Friendly. Because of the price point for the game it is also US-Friendly and AUSTRALIA-Friendly.
- If you are living in one of the above regions I am sure there will be no customs fees. I did some research on that and do not only trust my visionary skills. If you are from those regions and, for any reason, you have to pay any customs fees I will refund the whole sum of the fees.
- If you are living in another region than EU, US or Australia you will be responsible for any import fees, brokerage or delivery surcharges, or applicable taxes that may be levied after the game has shipped.
Follow Visions and Neobite Games on social media:
Many thanks to all helpers!
I want to thank all of the game testers and proofreaders, especially Jennifer and Jeff. Many thanks also to all reviewers for their videos and articles and all of their support.
Special thanks go out to all the photographers and artists who share their pictures on pixabay.com. The same applies to the artists from game-icons.net, especially Delapouite and Lorc and to the great art organization getty.edu. I also thank Jamey Stegmaier for all his advice to Kickstarter creators on his web page stonemaiergames.com.
Risks and challenges
I learned a lot from my first successful project on Kickstarter and know that there are often things you have not thought about. But I did a lot of research in front, know my numbers and tried to foresee as many pitfalls as possible. (~I guess that's no problem for a well trained visionary~).
Let's get to the things I am not able to manage. I am dependent on manufacturers and the postal service but a short delay should be the only risk, which could happen for some reasons (production or mailing delays, strike etc.). Those circumstances are not really controllable but they also should not cause long delays ... in case they do not happen all together.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)