Space Pioneers is a competitive card game with a unique combination of planning, interacting and solving missions and secret tasks.
You have to establish supply flights within the newly discovered planetary system by planning the best routes.
Let's have a look at the back of the box to get a feel for the game and what it is about:
Style and Game Mechanics
- I wanted to create a game in which strategy is more important than sheer luck. Therefore, only the shuffled card deck adds an element of luck to the game and there are a lot of tactical possibilities to make the best out of your card hand.
- Personally, I don't like games where it can be obvious from early on who will be the winner. That is the reason why every player in Space Pioneers has secret tasks to fulfill in addition to the open missions. While the fulfilled open missions are visible to anyone, the victory points for the secret tasks are revealed only at the end of the game and can thus be crucial for determining the winner.
- Another important feature of the game is interaction. In Space Pioneers, a player may take cards and points from another player's supply network. But don't worry, it's not too easy to do that, so it won't destroy anyone's whole game plan.
- You don't like to or want to interact? Try playing Space Pioneers with the included rules for one player.
Rulebook and Language
The printed rulebook will be in English and German. All the necessary game components are either language independent or the texts are written on the cards in both English and German.
- Click here to download the English rules (beta version)
- Click here to download the German rules (beta version)
- Rules in Spanish, Dutch and French have just been added to BoardGameGeek. Translated Mission and Top Secret cards will be available in all three languages as Print and Play for every backer.
- Try Space Pioneers by downloading the Print and Play from BoardGameGeek
Money-back guarantee: If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with the game, return it within 30 days after receipt and get your money back.
- Space Pioneers needs you: While the design of the game is practically finished, production is only possible with your support.
- The only chance to be a Space Pioneer: I honestly do not know if there will be another print run ever. Maybe this is the only way for you to get the game.
- You are getting a great deal: If there are any games left from the print run, the price outside Kickstarter will be 15 € plus shipping.
- Future investment: At the moment Neobite Games is a one man company. I try to do as much as possible by myself to keep the costs low. But who knows, maybe there will be partners in the future or I will be able to commission somebody. Let this dream come true and be a part of it from the very beginning.
New to Kickstarter?
Note: If you are from Germany and back a German project, like this one, it is possible to pay via SEPA Direct Debit (Lastschrift).
Richard/Rahdo mentions some interesting ideas in his Final Thoughts video (see above). I want to give them their own place and would therefore like to discuss them with you in the updates (on Februar 12, Februar 24 and March 10 so far).
I want to produce the game responsibly. That means all the parts will be produced without any animal substances (colors, glues, etc.) and all paper parts will be sourced from sustainable forestry or recycled. I also want to have it produced as locally as possible, to prevent long hauls.
Do you have a red-green deficiency? I do and I really appreciate it if game designers think about that and make their games suitable for people like me. Maybe it's not a great change for the game experience, but you no longer have to ask the others "What color is that?" and no longer have to hear their sighs or see their rolling eyes when you ask. ;-) For this reason Space Pioneers doesn't use "green" as a game relevant color. But you really like "green"? Have a look at one of the top secret cards (where the color is not game relevant):
Stretch goals! Have a look at what we can achieve. Every single copy of the game will contain them.
- Space Pioneers is available worldwide and all copies will ship from within Germany. Therefore it is EU-FRIENDLY. Shipping fees will be added to your pledge level when you select your home location. Shipping is free within Germany and only 2€ for the rest of the world.
- This campaign should be CUSTOMS FRIENDLY in the most cases. The low price point and small box for this game should not cause any customs fees for backers pledging for 1 or 2 copies.
- Nonetheless international backers will be responsible for any import fees, brokerage or delivery surcharges, or applicable taxes that may be levied after the game has shipped. If you are not sure if there are any taxes or fees, please contact me and I will try to find out the answer for your country and total amount (if you would like to pledge for more than one game).
Back us and feel free to pledge for more than one copy of the game. Think of friends who are not connected to Kickstarter but would enjoy Space Pioneers as well.
You may also share the information about the campaign:
Many thanks to all helpers!
I want to thank all of the game testers and proofreaders. Many thanks also to Markus and Richard for their videos and all of their support. Special thanks go out to all the photographers and artists who share their pictures on pixabay.com. The same applies to the artists from game-icons.net, especially Delapouite and Lorc. I also thank Jamey Stegmaier for all his advice to kickstarter creators on his web page stonemaiergames.com.
Risks and challenges
If the manufacturers and the postal service (and my physical presence) will not stop existing, everything should be fine.
A short delay is the only risk, which could happen for some reasons (production or mailing delays, strike etc.). Those circumstances are not really controllable but they also should not cause long delays (in case they do not happen all together ;-) ).
However, the development of the game is well advanced and there are only little tweaks left to do concerning production.
- (33 days)